Is it possible to order MDR to go?

I take it then that is NOT your servers who are bringing the meals? That's why I thought it would be more efficient for it to be the one you were supposed to be in - your servers would already be there and wouldn't have to run to other kitchens.

The problem was probably that people were not sticking to one menu but wanting things from all three dining rooms. The kitchen is not shared between all three, so that would require a lot more work running between them.

I take it then that is NOT your servers who are bringing the meals? That's why I thought it would be more efficient for it to be the one you were supposed to be in - your servers would already be there and wouldn't have to run to other kitchens.

I'd seriously doubt it because they have other tables in their section. You do not have exclusive servers just for you. To make them run to concierge for room service would take them away from the rest of their section which would not be fair.

I've only done concierge once - for some weird reason my dad booked it. And I hated it. I'm not fancy and don't need people fawning over me. If I ask for another 2 cans of diet Coke for the fridge, I don't need them to bring a 12-pack. And other than the one woman who was also with a family and seemed to not really be into it, everyone I encountered in there was snotty and all "We're better than the rest of the ship." No thank you. It's just too over the top for me.

They are not your private servers - they’ll have other tables to serve.

They still state that if you have a room with a dining table (1-br or larger) you can order from the MDR menu, Royal Suites can order from Palo as well. We are staying in a 1-BR this next week and have gotten confirmation several times that we are more than welcome to enjoy meals in our stateroom if we so choose to. It is from your MDR you're scheduled for that evening though I believe. Everyone else has to use the regular room service menu, or get food from the pool deck, that's it.

I'd seriously doubt it because they have other tables in their section. You do not have exclusive servers just for you. To make them run to concierge for room service would take them away from the rest of their section which would not be fair.

I've only done concierge once - for some weird reason my dad booked it. And I hated it. I'm not fancy and don't need people fawning over me. If I ask for another 2 cans of diet Coke for the fridge, I don't need them to bring a 12-pack. And other than the one woman who was also with a family and seemed to not really be into it, everyone I encountered in there was snotty and all "We're better than the rest of the ship." No thank you. It's just too over the top for me.
my husband just really wanted the extra bathroom lol. I'm not all fancy either, I don't fit in at CL lounges either when I stay CL at WDW, but I still keep going because I like the convenience it serves. I definitely won't be one of those "i'm better than the rest of the ship people", those types of people are worthless and need to get a life. I am here for not having to listen to my girls complain about their dad taking too long in the toilet though. Probably won't even use the ordering MDR food to our room feature, although my husband is threatening to do it on pirate night because he hates pirate night.

They still state that if you have a room with a dining table (1-br or larger) you can order from the MDR menu, Royal Suites can order from Palo as well. We are staying in a 1-BR this next week and have gotten confirmation several times that we are more than welcome to enjoy meals in our stateroom if we so choose to. It is from your MDR you're scheduled for that evening though I believe. Everyone else has to use the regular room service menu, or get food from the pool deck, that's it.
I would say the change came in 2018, but now, you definitely do not order from your assigned MDR menu but only from the unique menu chosen by the Concierge hosts.

I would say the change came in 2018, but now, you definitely do not order from your assigned MDR menu but only from the unique menu chosen by the Concierge hosts.
We were told just a few weeks ago that we could order from our assigned MDR, that’s just what we were told 🤷🏻‍♀️. I mean, I don’t care one way or the other, I don’t really plan to use it myself. My husband may skip out on the MDR on pirate night, but he doesn’t care what it is, MDR or special concierge menu, he just loathes pirate night for some reason.

It makes sense to limit it to 1 menu when you think about the logistics. On the Dream / Fantasy, all 21 eligible staterooms are in a pretty confined area. On Magic / Wonder, the 22 eligible staterooms are scattered over the majority of deck 8. Combine that with potentially gathering food from 3 different galleys and that’s a lot of work.

We were told just a few weeks ago that we could order from our assigned MDR, that’s just what we were told 🤷🏻‍♀️. I mean, I don’t care one way or the other, I don’t really plan to use it myself. My husband may skip out on the MDR on pirate night, but he doesn’t care what it is, MDR or special concierge menu, he just loathes pirate night for some reason.
There are times when the cast members on shore share information that is different from how the ships actually operate.

That was in the old times. People abused the service and requested plates from all three menus. Now, there is only one menu available each evening, in the lounge.
This was not our experience recently on the Dream (Sept) and the Wonder (Oct). If you are in a suite, all MDRs were available each evening, but you had to order from only one of them (meaning you could not order from multiple menus on the same evening, but you could order from whichever MDR you wanted).

In any room without a dining table, meaning anything smaller than a 1BR, it’s the regular room service menu.

In a 1BR, 2BR or Royal suite, you can order from the main dining room menu selected for that evening. It is made available every day in the lounge. It is therefore not a set menu throughout the cruise.

In the Roy and Walt Suite, you can order a Palo meal. The menu is the same as in the restaurant.
Is this a recent change? We had a 1br in January and they asked us which restaurant we wanted to order from each night. We just chose the one in our rotation

I'm actually really glad to hear this, I can't put my finger on what it was that made me think it was your servers but I kind of hated the idea that they had to leave the dining room to bring my dinner up - making life harder for themselves, this actually makes me more likely to take advantage of the table in our room.

We do love to be pampered though and I won't apologize for it. We have busted our backs working overtime for the last few years, and made sacrifice after sacrifice in order to take this trip exactly the way we want it - this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for us a bucket list and a dream trip - sorry, not sorry.

Is this a recent change? We had a 1br in January and they asked us which restaurant we wanted to order from each night. We just chose the one in our rotation
What you experienced is the recent change, or rather they brought back how things were before 2018. From then until recently, they only had one menu available.

It seems the shutdown gave them time to reconsider how the service is provided.

There are times when the cast members on shore share information that is different from how the ships actually operate.
I’m sure that’s what happened, honestly, I’m cool with it. Honestly my husband is just happy to have the choice, and since we wouldn’t be in the MDR anyway we wouldn’t know what’s on the menu…and he hates the pirate night menu so lol. However, Disney would do well to give consistent information to people.

When I did the royal suite in 2014 it was our servers who served us in the Walt on the Magic.

HOWEVER we were a party of 12 and our servers only table.

Personally I’d much rather go to the MDR however I can imagine this is a super nice perk maybe after a long port day. Or if you have young kids who just need to chill that evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter