Is it possible to get seating at Fantasmic without paying $$$?

Niebz

DIS Veteran
We take a trip to Disneyland every summer and our absolute favourite part of the trip is to watch Fantasmic every night as a family. In the past we've always gone to the second show and been able to find seats with a minimal wait every time, usually front and centre.

Reading of all these new changes makes me so sad for the loss of our family tradition. We have 4 kids under 7 so we can't hold them all up for 25 minutes to see and paying $200 to fight with 4 picky eaters at a fancy sit-down meal sounds like a nightmare. Is there any way to get a spot to sit for the show with just a fast pass? We don't need to be front and centre and we don't mind showing up early. We just want to watch the show. :(

Pay attention to the map of FP areas as it evolves. Then, try to get the color that right in front of ROA to either side of the premium dining. Those are sitting areas for the most part.

Yes. What you do is find someone that has a seat that you really like wait for them to go to the bathroom and lock them in. ;)

There are fast passes just like WoC... I understand if you wait and get one In the afternoon, they will be for the later show, of there are 2 shows that night. If on,y one show, just go grab one in the morning :)

Is there any way to get a spot to sit for the show with just a fast pass? We don't need to be front and centre and we don't mind showing up early. We just want to watch the show. :(

There have been a few reports indicating that guests have been able to sit in some of the FP viewing area. It's been the areas that are closed to the river (lower level). However, at this point, I do not know if all FP color have some areas near the river (I doubt it - especially for the green, which seems to be in the area of the PotC bridge). The best thing to do is ask a CM where the different FP colors are located and hope they show you a map. From there, see if any of the FP color zones are adjacent to the RoA. That's the best bet for a seated viewing area.

Yes, I was able to get seating with only a regular Fastpass (almost front and center, too!). I showed up right at the begin time for entrance into the viewing area (it will be printed on the ticket). However I should note that there was not a huge amount of seating available - I would say the first 20 feet or so from the river's edge. Everyone behind that was standing only. The seating filled up fast. It was crazy crowded for a few minutes, but once people were settled into their spots it died down. This was for the first showing, and I know that the second showing was less crowded. At that time (December) I believe the only color section that had no seating was Green.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter