Is it possible to get DIS transportation from a pre-cruise hotel without staying at that hotel? For an earlier PAT.

Kbmas0n

Mouseketeer
We waited too long to book our pre-cruise hotel, so missed out on the B, Marriot or Hilton pre-cruise DIS transportation pickup. OR DID WE?! Is it possible to stay at another hotel (Embassy Suites), but boogie over to a DIS-approved hotel the morning of to use the transportation. The goal is an earlier PAT. And I know this is potentially silly, but I'm just exploring options. Is it a huge deal that my PAT is 2pm? No. Will it make a huge difference in our time on the ship? No. But am I still neurotic and want to get on the ship as soon as possible. 100%.

We waited too long to book our pre-cruise hotel, so missed out on the B, Marriot or Hilton pre-cruise DIS transportation pickup. OR DID WE?! Is it possible to stay at another hotel (Embassy Suites), but boogie over to a DIS-approved hotel the morning of to use the transportation. The goal is an earlier PAT. And I know this is potentially silly, but I'm just exploring options. Is it a huge deal that my PAT is 2pm? No. Will it make a huge difference in our time on the ship? No. But am I still neurotic and want to get on the ship as soon as possible. 100%.
I don't know for sure, but I would doubt that's do-able. The DCL shuttles have the names of people requiring pick up from any given hotel and I would think the hotel is the one who supplies the names. They fill the busses as close to full as they can based on the number of people who need to be picked up.

I don't know for sure, but I would doubt that's do-able. The DCL shuttles have the names of people requiring pick up from any given hotel and I would think the hotel is the one who supplies the names. They fill the busses as close to full as they can based on the number of people who need to be picked up.
I would still book the transfer through Disney, so they should have our names if we do it that way. I'm not saying I would just show up and hop in, haha. Just not sure about the hotel part.

I keep reading that open boarding starts way before 2 p.m. anyway. If that's the case, I'm not sure if it would be worth the boogie-ing...?

I would still book the transfer through Disney, so they should have our names if we do it that way. I'm not saying I would just show up and hop in, haha. Just not sure about the hotel part.

I know at the WDW resorts they come and collect the luggage in the morning, so if you weren't a registered guest at the hotel, you might get flagged

I keep reading that open boarding starts way before 2 p.m. anyway. If that's the case, I'm not sure if it would be worth the boogie-ing...?
I think you are right. Not worth the effort! I'm trying to decide what time to show up at port. I don't want to be one of "those" people, but also don't want to show up at 2pm and everyone was on the ship by 1pm.

I believe folks who stay at the Swan/Dolphin can catch DCL Transfers from the Boardwalk. So it may be possible for you to get to a WDW resort and take the DCL Transfers from there. You'd have to figure out if it's worth the extra effort to get yourselves (and luggage) to a WDW resort. I don't believe this works for the airport-area hotels; the Hyatt pick-up is only for Hyatt guests, all others need to use the MCO pick-up location.

Years ago I walked from the Shades of Green to the Polynesian and got DCL transportation. I think when I made the reservation I just asked to be picked up at the Polynesian, don't really recall. You don't have to leave your luggage outside of your room you can bring it with you.

I believe folks who stay at the Swan/Dolphin can catch DCL Transfers from the Boardwalk. So it may be possible for you to get to a WDW resort and take the DCL Transfers from there. You'd have to figure out if it's worth the extra effort to get yourselves (and luggage) to a WDW resort. I don't believe this works for the airport-area hotels; the Hyatt pick-up is only for Hyatt guests, all others need to use the MCO pick-up location.
This is correct! We are staying at Dolphin the night before and will walk our luggage over to Boardwalk in the AM. The only downside is I have to stop by boardwalk the night before to get pick up time. I originally was staying at at CSR but switched to Dolphin because I happen to have family that will be in Epcot the day before and we are meeting up after their park day. I called DCL and they suggested this as an option.

Hi we are taking DCL from MCO to the Port. Staying off site a few days before the cruise. Will return rental car at airport and walk over to bus area.

Have you looked into still booking at those specific hotels but on your own and then seeing if you can add Disney transport later to the reservation. I know it would be easier to add it as a pre-stay with them before hand but if you book it on your own maybe they will add it? Or ask to be put on a waitlist for a pre-stay hotel?

Have you looked into still booking at those specific hotels but on your own and then seeing if you can add Disney transport later to the reservation. I know it would be easier to add it as a pre-stay with them before hand but if you book it on your own maybe they will add it? Or ask to be put on a waitlist for a pre-stay hotel?
There should be no problem if you book the WDW hotel stay yourself and then add the DCL bus by calling the cruise line. We do this routinely when we use our DVC points to book our WDW stay. We’re usually at BoardWalk Villas, but we have also stayed at Saratoga Springs pre-cruise.

We were on the Northern Isles cruise last year. My husband and I did an Adventures by Disney Escape beforehand, so we didn't have to worry about our transportation, but my brother did not. He had Marriott points, got his room on his own and then called Disney and added transportation from the precruise hotel that was near his Marriott, with no problems. You will want to to reserve a hotel fairly close to the transport location hotel. I think he could have even chosen the exact hotel and made his reservations privately but he wanted to use his points.

^^The above posters may have supplied your answer. Try to book directly with one of the hotels that offer DCL transport.

We booked the Hyatt at the airport direct with Hyatt and the DCL bus through DCL. No problems. And no late PAT!

Same for us - couldn't get any of these hotels. We booked at Hilton Garden Inn as they have shuttle from airport. We are going to shuttle back to airport day of cruise to hop on the DCL transport. Already booked DCL transport to and from airport.

We were on the Northern Isles cruise last year. My husband and I did an Adventures by Disney Escape beforehand, so we didn't have to worry about our transportation, but my brother did not. He had Marriott points, got his room on his own and then called Disney and added transportation from the precruise hotel that was near his Marriott, with no problems. You will want to to reserve a hotel fairly close to the transport location hotel. I think he could have even chosen the exact hotel and made his reservations privately but he wanted to use his points.
THIS! Thank you!

THIS! Thank you!
We recently cruised from Ft. Lauderdale and booked the Hilton Marina on our own using points. We could have booked transfers from that hotel to the port but decided against it as we rented a card and did some sightseeing.

In 2022 we booked the B hotel in Miami on our own but still used the DCL Transportation to the port. I booked the transfers through Disney but booked the hotel on points. Had no problems at all.

Also in 2022 we booked a cruise from Miami and took transfers from the Miami airport to the port but on that one I don't think we got an earlier PAT by using DCL transfers.

MJ

So we are staying at boulder ridge/wilderness lodge and getting transfers from there on embarkation day. However my sister and her hubby, and my parents are all staying at a disney partner hotel (but not onsite). As we wanted to all arrive on the cruise together (their first time), my sister contacted disney cruise line and asked if they could get the transport from wilderness lodge as well as us. Disney said it was no problem, and my sisters ta has added on the transportation from wilderness lodge and this is showing on their disney cruise app and booking. So it is definately possible to get a transfer from a hotel you aren't staying at but you just need to confirm with disney cruise line and your ta if you're using one. Theyve been told they will get info on where to go and when in their paperwork before leaving. But worsecase I'll be there the night before to get any relevant times etc.

Not exactly. We are going out of Fort Lauderdale. We booked the hotel ourselves and are waiting to book the transportation which is not available to book yet. I was told by DCL that we have to let the hotel know we are using Disney transportation when we check in. I will confirm this again with DCL but I think that we would not automatically be on the hotel's list from DCL unless we book the room through them. Letting the hotel know is really for collecting the bags from the room so it gets to the port. The transportation list is for DCL when you check in to board the bus.

A couple of reasons to book the hotel ourselves was the price was much less and we could cancel up to 1 day before if there was an issue. With DCL I believe you could only cancel the room 2 weeks prior to the cruise. Also not a deal breaker but these hotels charge a fee which includes a food voucher. You do not get the voucher when booking through DCL and you do not automatically get hotel stay points. You have to have the hotel desk add the stay to your account if you have one for the hotel brand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter