Is it okay to put family first? (Response to royal family stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s because they’re rich and/or famous. They know they’ll receive the absolute best medical care and can therefore be reasonably sure they’ll make a full recovery.
I don't know...I've seen Boris Johnson on tv two days running since he was diagnosed. He doesn't look even remotely unwell. :confused3

You don't feel proud of doing a job to the best of your ability? I disagree that doing so makes you a martyr.

I doubt there's very many of us here that spent a lot of time worrying about the British royals. Doesn't mean it can't be discussed or that you didn't spend your time typing a response.:fish:

1K responses later I think you are wrong in this instance;).

Hmm... I wouldn’t say I’ve ever seen him look remotely well either. :scratchin:laughing:
This is going waaaaay off topic here now but have you ever watched the HBO series Years and Years about a near-future dystopian UK? It actually came out in 2018 sometime before Johnson came on the scene but wowza, :eek: the Prime Ministerial character in it is a populist who is a creepy, crazy (and creepily crazy well supported) female version of him. I'm serious - it's eerie.

This is going waaaaay off topic here now but have you ever watched the HBO series Years and Years about a near-future dystopian UK? It actually came out in 2018 sometime before Johnson came on the scene but wowza, the Prime Ministerial character in it is a populist who is a creepy, crazy (and creepily crazy well supported) female version of him. I'm serious - it's eerie.
I haven’t. I’ll add it to the ever-lengthening list of shows I want to watch but can never seem to find time for. :sad:

Maybe it wasn't hasty. They were living in a rental. Maybe they had no control over how long they were staying. I know I have an answer for everything, but I just don't get the need to find something wrong in everything they do. As for comments on articles...every time I see them, I understand why they want nothing to do with the RF anymore.
Rental? They ve lived off the “charity” of others.. Branson comes to mind.
Personally, I think she was a minor actress who fell in love with a Royal, who himself needed a take charge personality type to get thru his own life issues ( loss of his mom/how she was lost, RIP..) which seems to work for them.
S/he then decided it was more important to
Live her family life as she saw fit rather than heed to the Royals style of life ( which she knew ). LA here they come!
I feel bad for the Queen, and think it’s an embarrassment to the Entire Royal family.
( not only the exodus but How it played out) My guess...he will be back...at some point down the road... and the Royals move on.

Rental? They ve lived off the “charity” of others.. Branson comes to mind.
Personally, I think she was a minor actress who fell in love with a Royal, who himself needed a take charge personality type to get thru his own life issues ( loss of his mom/how she was lost, RIP..) which seems to work for them.
S/he then decided it was more important to
Live her family life as she saw fit rather than heed to the Royals style of life ( which she knew ). LA here they come!
I feel bad for the Queen, and think it’s an embarrassment to the Entire Royal family.
( not only the exodus but How it played out) My guess...he will be back...at some point down the road... and the Royals move on.

Really? I'd think Prince Andrew's sex with a minor would be embarrassing rather than a grandson and his wife that wanted to explore a new path rather than be miserable for the rest of their lives. Will Harry be back to do some royal stuff or even move back to London with the fam? Maybe. Probably. I really don't see the problem with him doing part time work for the RF while doing other things. He's going to become less relevant to the central family within the next thirty years due to lineage, so why not? I also don't see why someone has to give up everything they do just because they marry into the RF. If the RF really wants to modernize, then don't force the brides to become step ford wives.

Really? I'd think Prince Andrew's sex with a minor would be embarrassing rather than a grandson and his wife that wanted to explore a new path rather than be miserable for the rest of their lives. Will Harry be back to do some royal stuff or even move back to London with the fam? Maybe. Probably. I really don't see the problem with him doing part time work for the RF while doing other things. He's going to become less relevant to the central family within the next thirty years due to lineage, so why not? I also don't see why someone has to give up everything they do just because they marry into the RF. If the RF really wants to modernize, then don't force the brides to become step ford wives.
he wanted to keep his patronages and military titles these are gone now. you are either in or out and you can't have your cake and eat it

I'm happy for them, especially after their pregnancy loss. Yes, they want to step back from Royal life, but they still want to work, good for them.

I know there are some that root for their downfall, If they upset so much you wish bad things to happen to them, you are just too invested in other people's lives.

I'm happy for them, especially after their pregnancy loss. Yes, they want to step back from Royal life, but they still want to work, good for them.

I know there are some that root for their downfall, If they upset so much you wish bad things to happen to them, you are just too invested in other people's lives.

I don't want or even care if "bad things happen to them". I just want them to shut up and get over themselves. They aren't special.

I know why **I** am rolling my eyes over it. It's because Meghan Markle should have known exactly what sort of media craziness she was getting herself into when she married Prince Harry. And if she's saying that she had no idea...well duh, Google is your friend, lady. Wake up out of your little world and get a clue. I hear that they have lots of them on sale at Walmart. Buy one, get one free.

I am also rolling my eyes big time at their announcement that they want to establish their own financial independence. So on the one hand, great! Go for it. But on the other hand, good grief. You're going to need a heck of a lot more monthly gross income with the regular security detail that you're going to need.

I also bet that after a few years, they'll be back in the UK for more of the calendar year because the weather of the Canadian frozen tundra will get to them.

I think they may have gotten scared, not just overwhelmed by the press but actually frightened for their safety. Harry is thinking about what happened to his mother and he is a new father, and Meghan probably got frightened not used to it thinking it was going to be really glamorous. So for safety I get it kinda maybe i dont know

IMO there's a lot of ground covered between raising an eyebrow in regards to how someone behaves and wishing ill on them.

I haven’t read back through this old thread but I don’t remember anyone sending H&M ill wishes. Although I do believe they should be held accountable for their rude behavior. Absolutely horrible...the way the family has been disrespected especially his aged grandparents. I imagine they are broken hearted. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter