Is it okay to put family first? (Response to royal family stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that:

- I don't give a rip about any of their pet projects, their climate change lecturing while they are galavanting around the world on jet planes, etc. But when your yearly allowance is from your rich dad is more than most people earn, don't complain about your royal duties to us. Move out of the mansion-cottage in the UK. Buy your own place to live with your own money. Move out of the Vancouver mansion that your rich friend is letting you stay in for weeks...Buy your own place to live. And for God's sake, keep your mouths shut about politics. If you want any hope of making some money off of commercializing your "Sussex Royal" brand, do what the queen does and keep it all non-political.

ACC5EC34-2F0C-41C0-922B-9258DEB404FE.jpeg

Yes, seriously. Extended family can be lovely, but they don't come first and if they are never happy with what we do, then that's their problem.

Combining lifestyles doesn't mean giving up your own. And you create your own traditions together. You implied that you basically followed all his traditions while your's were ignored. I hope that isn't true. You also say you adored Princess Diana, who DID give everything up for the royal family and was beyond miserable. Is that why you adored her?

As I posted before, Harry seems to be the one who wanted out of this lifestyle the most. He saw what happened to his mother and doesn't want it to happened to his son's mother. Yet somehow, this is all MM's fault for not being a stepford wife. For God's sake, even Kate has bucked royal tradition and has her family extremely involved.
I have so much to say, but I will gracefully decline and in Elsa’s words, “Let it go.” It’s just not worth it.

I found this interesting one in the fact that they are saying Canadians are not happy to be expected to pay out for their security. Secondly the question being asked is why should they just because he was a working royal now doesn't want to be expect to jump to the head of the line to be able to live in Canada. That is true why should they get to the front of the line get in line and wait your turn if you are just a "normal" person but yet again they are expecting special treatment.

I found this interesting one in the fact that they are saying Canadians are not happy to be expected to pay out for their security. Secondly the question being asked is why should they just because he was a working royal now doesn't want to be expect to jump to the head of the line to be able to live in Canada. That is true why should they get to the front of the line get in line and wait your turn if you are just a "normal" person but yet again they are expecting special treatment.
The only thing he knows is special treatment and same with her for years now. Why would they expect anything other than that.

The RF should be paying his security. He needs security because he was born a prince. It’s not something he chose. The RF should’ve paid his security while he was on vacation too.

I agree with this completely. I can see cutting off other means of support if the Sussexes don’t want to be working royals, but their need for security is something he was born into and should be provided to him/them regardless of the work he does or does not do.

There has also been some speculation about appointing Harry as Governor General of Canada, a position that is customary in our parliamentary system and is at least ceremonially, our Head of State. Up until 1982 when the ancient British North America Act was superseded by our own Canadian Constitution, this position was always held by a member of the British peerage. It was a rather “big deal” at least symbolically, to be out from under that authority and the idea of returning to that practice is pretty egregious. :mad:

Last edited:
I agree with this completely. I can see cutting off other means of support if the Sussexes don’t want to be working royals, but their need for security is something he was born into and should be provided to him/them regardless of the work he does or does not do.
Charles is not going to cut them off. They will continue to have a rather substantial income, even before acting and licensing deals.
The RF might pay security separately, or they may expect the costs to come out of the money M&H receive from Dad.
Probably one of those things the Queen was trying to quietly sort out.

I find it difficult to accept the "explanation" that they had to release their statement about stepping down because they knew their plans had been leaked. Even if the story had been published how would the public know it was real? They came out with a statement disavowing the bullying story. There are stories non stop about supposed royal protocol "rules", and how Kate and Megan are either forced to toe the line or are breaking the rules, rebelling, etc. There are stories about abdications, tiaras, who stands where/rides where, is invited to this or that and who's upset or angry about this or that. Why would a leak about them stepping down or stepping back and moving require immediate response?

Personally I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Harry has extreme oversensitivity and a short fuse regarding anything that reminds him at all of what it was like when all of the attention was getting to his mother and the unbelievable horror of the white hot spotlight when she died. It's not that he's inventing issues out of thin air, but he quite possibly is incapable of taking a measured approach and being able to cope when it comes to his wife and child. Megan might find the same stories frustrating, maddening, humiliating, inhumane, etc., but she may well be able to shrug it off more easily than Harry. It's entirely possible she's unable to rein in his reactions -- but of course she's going to be labeled the culprit and mastermind, further validating Harry's viewpoint in his own mind.

I also wouldn't underestimate the staff or courtiers or whatever the correct term is. If they've got a bias against Megan it's relatively easy for them to use all of their power against her and undo most of the efforts the family might be making to help and be supportive. When you factor in the strange and detached environment that the generations before Harry and William have grown up in and consider normal it may well be that the family to a large extent has a great deal of difficulty understanding what is so hard about the situation for Harry and Megan.

I find it difficult to accept the "explanation" that they had to release their statement about stepping down because they knew their plans had been leaked. Even if the story had been published how would the public know it was real? They came out with a statement disavowing the bullying story. There are stories non stop about supposed royal protocol "rules", and how Kate and Megan are either forced to toe the line or are breaking the rules, rebelling, etc. There are stories about abdications, tiaras, who stands where/rides where, is invited to this or that and who's upset or angry about this or that. Why would a leak about them stepping down or stepping back and moving require immediate response?

Personally I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Harry has extreme oversensitivity and a short fuse regarding anything that reminds him at all of what it was like when all of the attention was getting to his mother and the unbelievable horror of the white hot spotlight when she died. It's not that he's inventing issues out of thin air, but he quite possibly is incapable of taking a measured approach and being able to cope when it comes to his wife and child. Megan might find the same stories frustrating, maddening, humiliating, inhumane, etc., but she may well be able to shrug it off more easily than Harry. It's entirely possible she's unable to rein in his reactions -- but of course she's going to be labeled the culprit and mastermind, further validating Harry's viewpoint in his own mind.

I also wouldn't underestimate the staff or courtiers or whatever the correct term is. If they've got a bias against Megan it's relatively easy for them to use all of their power against her and undo most of the efforts the family might be making to help and be supportive. When you factor in the strange and detached environment that the generations before Harry and William have grown up in and consider normal it may well be that the family to a large extent has a great deal of difficulty understanding what is so hard about the situation for Harry and Megan.
Or it could be that Meghan is a a diva and a terror to work for. Harry’s commented “whatever Meghan wants Meghan gets“. I seriously doubt EVERYONE is picking on poor little Meghan without a few reasons. Just my observation

Or it could be that Meghan is a a diva and a terror to work for. Harry’s commented “whatever Meghan wants Meghan gets“. I seriously doubt EVERYONE is picking on poor little Meghan without a few reasons. Just my observation

Sure, she could be a nightmare. Personally I'd guess she's skewed more towards average, some good/some bad, just like most everyone.

As far as the "whatever Meghan wants, Meghan gets" comment, that's merely what's been "reported", coming from an unnamed source. Maybe it happened, maybe it didn't, maybe it was said slightly differently and in a context that might make the statement much more understandable and acceptable. Without knowing the source and understanding their bias and agenda I'll take that with a salt shaker.

So I'm totally team H&M. Frankly, my opinion is that unless he married some picked out practically perfect in every way British, the world wasn't going to be happy. I like Harry's spirit and damn the tradition attitude. I like a bit of a rebel. I married one in his own way.

When Harry was younger and having a great time in Vegas people were appalled. I just laughed. Rich and poor and royal and commoner have all done stupid things and got caught or did things that make them cringe now. I certainly have. I'm just lucky there wasn't camera phones and internet back in my day.

Now everyone wants to blame M for everything but no one thinks that maybe Harry was waiting on someone that would support him and want to do things with him and oh yeah that marriage and life be about him and them. He had a mother that balanced and did everything to put he and his brother first. He saw her ostracized from the family and no double heard the talk about father's affairs and whatever and so much could have been prevented if his father had married who he loved the first time.

All of this caused him to make his own path like going to combat, talking openly about mental health, doing more charity work and finding someone he felt was his match and had already done her contributions to charity through work not just cash. He found someone that had passions that he did as well and maybe just maybe it was about him and not being a royal. Frankly she never stood a chance because people aren't near as progressive as we like to think. The news is that M was smiling (oh the horror!!) yesterday and if she had been serious or frowning she 'd been labeled a witch.

I'm excited to see him go forth and live the life he wants and the greatness H&M will do.

Meghan may already have some type of fast track status considering she's already lived and worked (and probably paid taxes) in Canada for years. Harry is coming along as her spouse, which is generally permitted.

Meghan may already have some type of fast track status considering she's already lived and worked (and probably paid taxes) in Canada for years. Harry is coming along as her spouse, which is generally permitted.
His “in” is his grandmother THE Queen, Her Royal Highness, Elizabeth II and NOT Ms. Meghan Markle Windsor-Mountbatten former television actress

They are still relying on the connections and money from the Royal Family. No matter, what they say or how badly they behave.

Last edited:
If I am correct, Meghan is nearly 30 (corrected... 40) years old.
With that, I will assume that she knowingly has done everything she has done with full knowledge and intent.
To do what she has done, with Harry's blessing or not... to ingratiate herself in to the royal family, get everything she has gottten and will be getting, but then to say, "Sorry, I am leaving the country, I'm out."
:sad2:

I am not a royal hater, I have not been a Meghan hater, I am not racist in any way.
I judge solely by a persons actions.

And this is coming from somebody who knows all about entitled and controlling inlaws!
Have you all heard of the acronym TANSTAFL.
It seems that they not only want their free lunch, but the cake and the icing on the cake too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter