• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it *Normal* for no fireworks in September?

livingthedream

Mouseketeer
I've been watching the Entertainment Calendar expecting to see Halloween Screams posted any day now, but still nothing. Everything is a bit different this year: Halloween Party (Oogie Boogie Bash) in DCA rather than in Disneyland, MSEP introduced through Sept 30, cutbacks on a number of things.....:worried:

So my question is this: Has the Halloween Screams fireworks typically only been scheduled in October in the past, or did it begin in September? I'm trying to figure out if it is *normal* for them not to show Halloween fireworks in September, or whether something like cutbacks is limiting when they offer them this year. Or whether there won't be Halloween fireworks in Disneyland park this year at all because Oogie Boogie Bash is being held at DCA. Another thought I had is that maybe they won't do the Halloween fireworks until October because they've invested in MSEP until Sept 30. Disney has the Halloween Screams fireworks advertised as part of the Halloween celebrations this year, so I thought they would start showing in Sept 6, but maybe not?:confused3

Given the time change and my work hours, its hard for me to connect with a CM on the phone about this, but I may have a chance this weekend. Has anyone else had a chance to find out more about the Halloween fireworks schedule this year? :wave::wave:

I asked a CM about this last week and was told it’s to be deteemined. She said if they had decided no fireworks, the system would say “dark”. There are rumors on other threads that they are showing Halloween fireworks select nights in September and October. We are all just watching.

They have said that Halloween screams will happen select nights in Disneyland. This is the first time in years that non party guests will see it.

This is the first time in years that non party guests will see it.

Thanks for this. This is my first time to DL at Halloween, so wasn't sure what was *normal*. It makes sense that the Halloween Screams fireworks (in the past) were only for party goers.....Like I said, they are definitely mixing it up this year! Will be interesting to see how it plays out......:coffee:

Higher prices, less fireworks, less live entertainment, etc etc . . . But Disney blames local hotel prices for the fall in park attendance..

Higher prices, less fireworks, less live entertainment, etc etc . . . But Disney blames local hotel prices for the fall in park attendance..
Let's take one sentence in an article and use it as the only thing said. If I recall the article, they "blamed" the price increases in tickets, the anticipation of over-crowding, the blocks on APs, that fewer APs showed up, etc. They did not say the only cause was because local hotels raised their prices.

They had previously said Halloween Screams would be select nights. Since it is off season, likely it will only be Fri-Sun. In the past, it was only Halloween party nights. And it likely won't be til the end of Sept.

Let's take one sentence in an article and use it as the only thing said. If I recall the article, they "blamed" the price increases in tickets, the anticipation of over-crowding, the blocks on APs, that fewer APs showed up, etc. They did not say the only cause was because local hotels raised their prices.

They had previously said Halloween Screams would be select nights. Since it is off season, likely it will only be Fri-Sun. In the past, it was only Halloween party nights. And it likely won't be til the end of Sept.

All of Disney's current problems are self inflicted by Igor so any suggestion that local hotel prices had anything to do with anything was a outright lie by Igor and a pathetic attempt to shift blame.

And you know the summer is the off season at Disneyland and has been for a while. When the AP blocks are lifted from the lower passes this fall that is when the real crowds show up. This is just more cost cutting by Igor and Chapek. Charge more and give less is their current standard operating procedure.

As we know, the City of Anaheim limits the fireworks during the school year to Fri-Sun. They make an exception for Christmas, and Disney paid a pretty penny to get to do them thru the 60th. So, Screams will likely only be Fri-Sun during Oct. MSEP will be running at 840p and 1045p nightly in Sept. I would think if they were shooting for cost cutting, they would be closing the park at 8 or 9 Mon-Thurs in Sept, but it is 11pm. And they would only run MSEP Fri-Sun, but it is nightly. WOC is playing nightly.

And I do think the local hotels raising their prices did play a part. People who count on the $100 a night and lower prices didn't want to pay $160-250 that the offsite hotels were now charging. I know at least 3 families who opted not to come because of hotel prices in the area. And a 4th, who did finally make it last week, actually stayed in Long Beach because of prices.

In past years when the Halloween party was in Disneyland, were the Halloween fireworks only in October?

If I remember correctly from the original park blog post they will be showing the Halloween screams projections nightly with fireworks added on select nights.

In past years when the Halloween party was in Disneyland, were the Halloween fireworks only in October?
The fireworks were only on party nights so yes for September. The only non party nights that got the show were the first year when it debuted and if they would get canceled during a party that was the show the next time they did fireworks.

In the past, they have only been shown on party nights for those attending the party.

I'm confused - if this is the case why are you saying that the fireworks are limited during the school year to Fri. And Sat.? Halloween parties haven't only been on the weekends, correct? And if Halloween Screams is to be held on Party nights, why are you saying it will only be in late Sept., when there are parties are the 16th and 17th, or do you consider this late September?

I'm confused - if this is the case why are you saying that the fireworks are limited during the school year to Fri. And Sat.? Halloween parties haven't only been on the weekends, correct? And if Halloween Screams is to be held on Party nights, why are you saying it will only be in late Sept., when there are parties are the 16th and 17th, or do you consider this late September?
Disney pays a permit to be allowed to do fireworks on school nights (Mon-Thurs). As of right now, Disney has said Halloween Screams will be shown on "select" nights. It is NOT in conjunction with parties this year (unlike prior years), since the party is now in DCA.

Disney pays a permit to be allowed to do fireworks on school nights (Mon-Thurs). As of right now, Disney has said Halloween Screams will be shown on "select" nights. It is NOT in conjunction with parties this year (unlike prior years), since the party is now in DCA.

I got it - I keep thinking "Halloween Screams" is the fireworks show. I'm a WDW person, and for some reason I just can't keep this DL stuff in my head.

Thanks!

I got it - I keep thinking "Halloween Screams" is the fireworks show. I'm a WDW person, and for some reason I just can't keep this DL stuff in my head.

Thanks!
Halloween Screams is a fireworks show. In the past, it was shown on on the nights of the Halloween parties. This year, the party is in DCA. Instead of Fireworks, they will do a Villians version of World of Color (the one that last year the flood screwed up). Disney has said that they will show Screams on "select nights" in Disneyland this year.

Unlike WDW where they have all the acreage, Disneyland is in the middle of a city, with toddlers, school kids, etc.... The agreement with Anaheim for both this and pollution is fireworks are limited to weekends (Fri-Sun), then they pay an excess permit fee to have them on other nights. Example, the Christmas fireworks go nightly, but they move them to be earlier (840 usually) to help curtail complaints.

Halloween Screams is a fireworks show. In the past, it was shown on on the nights of the Halloween parties. This year, the party is in DCA. Instead of Fireworks, they will do a Villians version of World of Color (the one that last year the flood screwed up). Disney has said that they will show Screams on "select nights" in Disneyland this year.

Unlike WDW where they have all the acreage, Disneyland is in the middle of a city, with toddlers, school kids, etc.... The agreement with Anaheim for both this and pollution is fireworks are limited to weekends (Fri-Sun), then they pay an excess permit fee to have them on other nights. Example, the Christmas fireworks go nightly, but they move them to be earlier (840 usually) to help curtail complaints.

Lol, thanks again! I'm an idiot...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter