Is it my computer or?...

gsrieff

Mouseketeer
Does anyone else have regular problems with posting/loading on this site? Or is it just my computer? It seems to lock up every time I'm on. Sometimes I have to take a deep breath because is so frustrating that I cant even scroll down in a thread. It's especially bad when I'm trying to write a post...sheesh, sometimes it can take 20 minutes to write 2 sentences. :scared:

You would think that would get me to stop trying, and just give up...but I just need to talk about my Disney! :rolleyes1

Sorry, but the Disboards are working okay for me...sometimes when websites have problems, I find that clearing the cache and restarting the computer can help.

I'm not having trouble, but have seen posts from lots of others saying they are.

ok, thanks! I'll try those things. I hope it helps, and that my computer doesn't need work. I ran some scans and everything came back clear. I will say that its generally only this site that I have an issue with, and that's what led me to posting this. Otherwise I would have just assumed it was me.

There's a lot of little script thingies running in the background to make the site more user friendly.
Restarting or reloading the browser generally fixes them.

I have the same problem. Some threads just keep loading, stop, loading, in a vicious circle non stop. Not all the time, maybe it is when there are more people on, since I see it more at night.

Are you having any lag or slow down issues other then the DIS site.

There can be numerous reasons why this can happen (and i am not a tech guy) but i recently upgraded the type and amount of RAM on my computer and it has worked wonders on the preformance on my system. I was having issues with games and a lot of websites (not this one though).

I'm sure a more tech savy answer will be forth coming.

I agree, try clearing your cache. If that doesn't work, maybe try another browser or try in private/incognito mode. You may have installed an addon or something that is slowing the site down.

If it's lagging when you're typing, that's your computer or browser. You should be able to type in a dialog box even if you're offline, so it wouldn't be the site or your connection.

Is anyone else having trouble with ads at the bottom of the page? The videos start and won't stop, causing the page to skip to the bottom repeatedly for several minutes. Or until I get fed up and close the page. It doesn't do this every time. Or sometimes just the audio from the videos will start, so I have to hit the mute button. This only started recently, maybe two weeks ago or so.

Last edited:
Blame it on all the ads trying to load cookies. I`m using Chrome and you can see all of them trying to load on the bottom left corner and the little circle spinning in upper left ..Mine freezes up sometimes here and on Micechat. It`s the websites way to generate revenue. Very irritating. I clear cache or just move on to someplace else.
You can block websites from setting data and you can browes but you can`t log in and post or reply without enabling cookies

Last edited:
Is anyone else having trouble with ads at the bottom of the page? The videos start and won't stop, causing the page to skip to the bottom repeatedly for several minutes. Or until I get fed up and close the page. It doesn't do this every time. Or sometimes just the audio from the videos will start, so I have to hit the mute button. This only started recently, maybe two weeks ago or so.

Adblock plus.

You're welcome. ;)

I can see it being the ads, as it doesn't happen on any other site for me. Thanks for all the advice. I've given it a go, and will hopefully see a difference. So far, so good.
Is it sad that i had to google how to clear the cache? lol pixiedust:

I have problems too, and also get frustrated and annoyed. I believe it's all the darn ads. It's especially bad during the middle of the day and when there are video advertisements. It's very annoying. I have tried both Edge and Chrome and they both have issues with DIS. If I encounter problems I will start typing my responses in Word because often I can't even type in the reply box because it's so glitchy. It's working fine right now, but it's early morning and there is no video ad right now.

If I encounter problems I will start typing my responses in Word because often I can't even type in the reply box because it's so glitchy.

I have done the same thing!! Its especially hard sometimes because I am the one who keeps track of the October check-in thread, and when I have people I need to add in to the list, I want to pull my hair out! Right now, it is working smoothly though.

As mentioned, I was having problems with a few sites, this on, the LA Tines, and others.

I upgraded my Windows and Edge to the current maximum as required by AdBlock Plus, then installed on both Edge and Chrome, and 99% of my issues went away.
'
Faster response times, less stalls and freezing up. Highly recommend it.

https://adblockplus.org/

I was having problems with pages loading, freezing, try again messages. 75% of my problems with pages loading etc were on the Dis.
Just last week I bought a new modem and router to replace my 5 years old ones.
WOW ! Connecting to the Dis is now trouble free ! Yay !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter