Is it me? Disney website...

It's been horrible the past few days. Heard it's related to Star Wars Cantina opening.

Disney DESPERATELY needs a completely overhauled IT Dept. I feel no matter how insanely busy it is, there is no excuse for a company in Disney's bracket to constantly...and I mean constantly...have these problems.

Seriously. It continues to Blow My Mind.

A company of this scope with these endless amounts of IT issues is beyond my comprehension.

Tomorrow, it will be 3 weeks since I have been able to login. Every 3 days I phone and they tell me "I.T. knows about my issue" and they will fix it in a couple of days. I keep telling them I think they won't put the time into my issue because I never get upset on the phone. Each time a supervisor checks, apologizes, and says they cannot give me a timeframe of when it will be fixed but they are certainly working on it.

^^ I would assume they say that to anyone who calls with an IT complaint. I can't imagine how many calls they get daily about their ongoing IT problems.

so it's not just me. was wondering what was wrong. know i typed in the right password

I log in and then get sent to the European site and won't let me change it back. Its a mess. I have to play with different browsers, use incongnito browsers, etc to get a functioning site. Its ridiculously frustrating.

Ack! I thought I was going crazy on Friday - same thing happened to me!

I am convinced that it is always screwed up. Cannot pin point why but I have a lot of theories. First I don't think that their attendance level is effected in the least by how good or bad the system is working. Second in the end for all the complaining I do, I have yet to be unable in the end to get the FP's or reservations I want to get. Lastly, and I don't mean to point fingers because Lord knows I am as bad as anyone at this, I find myself at work, at home, on the bus just randomly popping over to the mobile app, or the WDW site to see what wait times are, or look for a reservation on our next two trips, or seeing what AP perk they are offering. I am sure as web sites and apps go they get a huge number of hits every hour of every day. Combine that with the "pound the app" or "refresh method" of looking for FP's on the day of that so many people do and the next thing you know you wonder how much the system can take. Think about Amazon Prime Day, or the beginning of the Health Care sign up and the issues they have associated with those and all of a sudden considering the number of hits you start understand why there could be issues. I make no excuses for Disney but certainly can see another side of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter