Is it me? AKV Concierge

isn't the sunset alot longer - like 3 hours - not including dinner?

No, I think you're actualy on the savannas maybe an hour to an hour and a half. Then there is dinner at Jiko's afterwards. The safari is for only 14 people at a time and you are in a special vehicle where you can stand up and see out of the roof to take pictures. It's very cool. Cost is $160 per person but remember, that includes dinner at Jiko's with multiple courses and perhaps wine, too.

We've thoroughly enjoyed our cash-res concierge stays at AK in the past. The food offerings are amazing ( from Boma and Jiko) although I have to say the quality/variety has decreased some since the resort opened. We've done the sunrise safari three times and consider it a real highlight of our vacations- something you can't do anywhere else but Africa. We stayed once over my daughter's birthday and the concierge staff went way above and beyond- sending her a huge tray with personalized birthday cake and even a gift- one of the large giraffe carvings that she treasures to this day. To top it off, we get a Christmas card each year from the concierge staff. Needless to say, when we heard about the ability to book concierge at AKV, we bought points there, so it was definitely what sold us for the add-on.---Kathy

First off I have stay at akv in this level it is out of this world.

I just bought 200 more points in the founders club for akv I have booked a 2brd for April 20-26 the points were low yes as for the room I was told by disney that there are 48 2bdr so getting a res should not be that difficual because they are all lock off

The newer building will have bigger rooms and deticated 2 brds and 1 brds.

The level is great they do put that disney touch on everything and are there to help you with anything

I am so excited about Concierge being offered at ALV's. It is such a selling point. I have my reservation booked for May. I do hope as time moves on, that it is not terribly hard to get. We always book Savanna View when we stay at AKL, this will be a toss up with the Concierge stay. That could be a reason why the points are what they are. Why question it? :ssst:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter