Is It Crazy To have a split to stay at the Contemporary Garden Wing & Tower

The catch is that you can't cancel or change your dates through David. There's another site with similar prices that you CAN cancel, and they can check availability and pricing for you without requiring a "deposit" of $100, just search for DVC rental and go to the rental store.

I was considering the same thing as you, but with an 8 night stay (4 nights in the garden wing, 4 theme park view), then I found a really good deal through cheaptickets and am paying less per night for theme park view than I would have for garden wing regular price. I had researched DVC rentals, and the biggest difference I found was that you have to go through the rental company to book things like the dining plan and to make room requests. Also, there's a charge for mousekeeping (except for every fourth night) including for towel service and toiletries. There are five of us so we would have needed a 1 bedroom, and i didn't think my children would be happy sleeping in a separate room in a strange place so we chose not to DVC at this time, but it seems like a great option to save money

Did you like the experience of the split stay was it worth it
All Star Sports resort is value WDW resort which falls in the lowest grade of WDW resort. And I don't believe there is any spa. I am at All Star Sports right now. As a value hotel room rate under 100 per night and could fit 4 in a room. There is no complain. But all things here is minimum. Did you get a wrong message or is it another result the other poster is referring to?

The catch is that you can't cancel or change your dates through David. There's another site with similar prices that you CAN cancel, and they can check availability and pricing for you without requiring a "deposit" of $100, just search for DVC rental and go to the rental store.

I was considering the same thing as you, but with an 8 night stay (4 nights in the garden wing, 4 theme park view), then I found a really good deal through cheaptickets and am paying less per night for theme park view than I would have for garden wing regular price. I had researched DVC rentals, and the biggest difference I found was that you have to go through the rental company to book things like the dining plan and to make room requests. Also, there's a charge for mousekeeping (except for every fourth night) including for towel service and toiletries. There are five of us so we would have needed a 1 bedroom, and i didn't think my children would be happy sleeping in a separate room in a strange place so we chose not to DVC at this time, but it seems like a great option to save money

Did you like the experience of the split stay was it worth it

We didn't end up booking a split stay because of the great deal I found for theme park view, we're just staying in the tower the whole stay (we don't go until December). I did get a couple quotes and checked availability at different DVC resorts for our stay through the rental store I referenced, and they were very quick to respond and answer any questions I had. I would LOVE to rent a two bedroom at AK someday when the kids are older, that resort looks amazing! But earlier this year they wouldn't even sleep in the little kids cabin in the room at Great Wolf Lodge, so I can't imagine they'll sleep well in a separate bedroom :sad2:

BTW, the best split stay tip I read was to pack your suitcases so you have what you'll need for each leg packed separately. So if you have three nights at each resort, pack all the clothes for everyone in one suitcase for the first three nights, and one for the second three, rather than having a suitcase for each person with all their clothes for the whole stay in it. There's an entire split stay thread with lots of helpful tips.

I saw great rates through Orbitz. I think I should just book the tower, If i get a Bay Lake View i we get to add an extra park day. Should we do 2 days at MK & 1 day at Epcot or, 1 day at MK, 1 day at Epcot & 1 day at Hollywood Studios my son would be 14 by then so i guess he'd like that. We live in So.Cal so we've been to Disneyland & California Adventure many many times. Is Magic Kingdom too similar to Disneyland to have 2 full days there! this is our first visit and ill like to rely on the monorail,walk,or boat instead of a bus. I am limiting it to park days so we can enjoy the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter