• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it crazy busy in August

mrslfc

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip to Paris followed by a few nights at DLP next August. The last time we went was back in 2016 so I know a lot will have changed!!

I know it will be busy but will it still be doable (we have never been in August) or will it just be too busy!! Would the end of August be any quieter? Any tips from anyone that went this year?

Thanks

Rule of thumb, during August the entire country of France is off, and most of Europe.

Schools in France start on 1 September in 2023. Anything before will be busy, after it should get better.

And busy-ness is such a subjective topic... yes, it will be busy. Too busy? That is hard to say.

We are stuck with having to go in school holidays, are there other holidays that may be better?

That's also a hard one, as Europe basically have the same calendars.
Autumn, Christmas, February and May breaks are usually around the same time.

I think you have to take a look at:
https://publicholidays.fr/ and https://publicholidays.fr/school-holidays/ for the public holidays and the school holidays. Maybe your school district has holidays at a different time?

I am sure you can still have a good time in August. The parks are open till 11. Staying onsite with EMH also helps to get some headliners done first thing in the morning.

Was there from 8/1-4. It was crowded but not terribly so. Honestly, I found the heat to be the hardest thing to deal with as there doesn't seem to be enough shade, and with almost all lines outside there wasn't a level of air conditioning that Americans are use to. That said, we got done everything we wanted except for the Lion King show (the shows in DLP are probably the best I've seen between DLP, WDW, and DL.).

We were there 15th to 19th this year and go every August (minus 2020 and 2021 of course).

It's busy but the atmosphere is great, and with long park hours you can get so much done! EMH is a must in my opinion. Head straight to Peter Pan at 8.30am as the queue builds rapidly. Make the most of shows when ride queues are long in the middle of the day.

Have fun! We'll be there next August too 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter