Is it better to ride Hogwarts Express one way over the other?

SteveMP

DIS Veteran
Just curious from everyone's experience if its better to start the ride from Kings Cross? Or does it matter? Or is it worth doing once each way? Is it different? Or is it the exact same experience? Have a couple HP fan teeneagers we are taking in Sept, and went them to enjoy all the HP stuff as much as possible.

It is different each way. We started at King's Cross and then did it reverse as well.

We wanted the experience from leaving Diagon Alley and seeing Hogwarts for the first time when getting off the train like in the books. We had a pre-teen girl next to us as we exited the train who said 'When I see Hogwarts for the first time I'm going to cry'.
I thought that was so cute.

It is different each way. We started at King's Cross and then did it reverse as well.

We wanted the experience from leaving Diagon Alley and seeing Hogwarts for the first time when getting off the train like in the books. We had a pre-teen girl next to us as we exited the train who said 'When I see Hogwarts for the first time I'm going to cry'.
I thought that was so cute.

Oh, interesting reason! Glad I asked, never would have thought of that. I have a feeling even my 14 yo daughter may cry, she gets so into it. Has some costume robes and a wand but wants to get the "official" robes now. Thanks!

Oh, interesting reason! Glad I asked, never would have thought of that. I have a feeling even my 14 yo daughter may cry, she gets so into it. Has some costume robes and a wand but wants to get the "official" robes now. Thanks!
Yeah, my two little ones got the official robes, wands and quidditch brooms. $$$$
But it was fun and our first trip, they loved it.

Do start at Diagon Alley to have a booklike experience, the best part of riding first from DA is actually getting to plataform 9 3/4
Have a great trip!

Cool, so glad i asked this, we are going to have so much fun! Thanks all!
It is so much fun. This mom loves HP as much as my kids (or more) and it was just beautiful. I even went over one morning alone during early entry to drink a frozen butter beer and take it all in while they slept in. Even upgraded to APs for our next 2 trips to Florida!
Have a blast!

Taking the whole which way is better to start off with, I'm just going to say my personal favorite ride experience (in general) is going Kings Cross to Hogsmeade village, due to the fact of what you encounter on the journey itself. It's a more interesting journey for me and it's reminiscent of another journey in the series that Harry experiences. I'm being vague, because I'm trying not the spoil.

Wow I never thought about the train ride being different - we've only traveled from Kings Cross to Hogsmeade each time. We'll have to do the opposite next time for sure!

King's Cross to Hogsmeade is the way to start but you have to do the return too. The rides themselves are equally great but the queue at King's Cross and just the general arriving like Harry would have makes that way my preference for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter