Is it a safe area?

Mystee

Earning My Ears
Haven't been to Disney in 25+ years, so I'm sure things/ areas have changed. Was wondering if it's safe to walk back to the Anaheim Camelot Inn & Suites, Anaheim hotel at night after the park closes? Is the intersection pretty easy & safe to cross with young kids?

Yes. That motel is very close. There are many, many people going the same direction. You will not be alone. Just be careful crossing Harbor Blvd. Many times the crowd is huge and you can’t stay in the crosswalk.

Yes. That motel is very close. There are many, many people going the same direction. You will not be alone. Just be careful crossing Harbor Blvd. Many times the crowd is huge and you can’t stay in the crosswalk.

Very helpful, thank you!

It's a quick walk, and you'll be in a group the whole way. You may see a homeless person or two, but they aren't agressive, and often not even awake.

I’ve stayed at the Anaheim Carriage Inn before, which is a little more than a mile from Disneyland on Harbor Blvd, and I’ve walked to Disney as early as 6 and as late as a little after midnight and I’ve never had any issues.

We have walked back numerous times without issue. However there are a lot more homeless people sleeping on the bus benches and stuff then their used to be. It makes my wife nervous.

It's actually much safer than it was 25 years ago. You will be fine. Have a great trip.

Since DH decided he doesn't want to do Disney anymore, I've gone alone with my young daughter numerous times and have never felt unsafe. We always stay on South Harbor and there are always lots of other people around. Have a great trip!

We have walked back numerous times without issue. However there are a lot more homeless people sleeping on the bus benches and stuff then their used to be. It makes my wife nervous.
I haven't noticed more, just the same people year after year. Nothing threatening, however, I was told I was going to hell for not believing in Jesus on our last trip, but I actually believe in Jesus...so;):)

I haven't noticed more, just the same people year after year. Nothing threatening, however, I was told I was going to hell for not believing in Jesus on our last trip, but I actually believe in Jesus...so;):)
There was a guy on the corner a year or two ago that yelled, "Repent! Repent and have a good day at Disneyland!" I wanted to ask him if I was supposed to be repenting for Universal, or Knott's, or my love of California Adventure.... But the light changed to "walk" and away I went with the crowds. However, I think back to him often when standing at the light to cross the street :)

Not my personal belief, but I told a guy with a Jesus sign that fantasy needs to be kept inside the berm. He just stared at me, I did not get the response I was hoping for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter