Is Illuminations worth seeing?

Of course, I can only speak for myself, but, sometimes I think Illuminations is the main reason I go to WDW. I really love the representations of the Earth being "born" and evolving into different countries/ cultures. The music and the visuals make me tear up every time. Just me being me, I guess, but I think it's beautiful. :flower3:

I'm glad it's not just me. I always pretend I have something in my eye.

Illuminations is beautiful. Definitely worth seeing.

In my opinion it's the best nighttime show at Disney,in past polls on these boards asking what the best fireworks show is you usually get Wishes probably first around 45% because it is good,it's at everybody's favorite MK and it's more Disney.Illuminations however is always right there behind probably around 40%,the musical score is amazing,the location of the show is great right in the middle of the lagoon in WS and how easy it is to get a great view and having an amazing finale make it many peoples favorite,including mine.Fantasmic is usually a distant third around 15%,it's good but it's more if a show with limited fireworks,and in my opinion lasts too long at 30 minutes and has too many water screen projections which drag on and make the show a bit boring at times.For me Illuminations is best.

We have never seen Illuminations either and are definitely going to do it this time around. I have a list of best places to view it from when I planned our 2011 trip but we never got to see it. Here is the list:

Bridge between UK and France
• Near the twin gift shops at the entrance to WS from FW
• Norway area
• Upper level (outside front terrace) of the Matsu No Ma Lounge in Japan
• Italy, near the Gondolas
• Mexico, at the outdoor Cantina
• Mexico, bridge to the right of oudoor Cantina (as you face the lagoon.)
• UK, the Rose & Crown outdoor dining area (ressies required.)
• UK, just to the left of the Rose & Crown (as you face the lagoon.)

Do you agree with this list or do you have another favorite spot and where exactly is it? Near a grey goose slushy place doesn't help me as I have not been there a lot. Thank you!

My sister and I are visiting Disney World this August. We have been to Disney more times than we can count, but surprisingly enough we have NEVER seen Illuminations. I guess it's because we are hardcore on riding the rides and going nonstop. It's funny though, because we LOVE Wishes and Fantasmic!

So... Is Illuminations worth it? Should we plan to see it during our upcoming trip?

Yes! Be prepared for some crowds watching it...we don't get a viewing spot early, we always find something back a bit from the edge of the lake with a great view.

Then be prepared for a slow, crowded departure. Relish it, stroll slowly, take in the sights, the evening lights, and the music as you stroll out after a GREAT fireworks show.

It has a few "draggy spots" in it but it is a must see. The inferno barge is amazing as is the audio track. I have a great full show video with audio track (overlaid from the CD) that someone posted about 5 years ago and I play it several times a week.

We have never seen Illuminations either and are definitely going to do it this time around. I have a list of best places to view it from when I planned our 2011 trip but we never got to see it. Here is the list:

• Norway area

Do you agree with this list or do you have another favorite spot and where exactly is it? Near a grey goose slushy place doesn't help me as I have not been there a lot. Thank you!

I have watched from all of those places. I enjoyed it every time. If you eat inside Rose and crown, they will take you outside to watch. When I did that, it was great fun!

My favorite location is around japan.

My least favorite is over by Norway China.

I usually hang out between France and Morocco (this is the location of the grey goose slushie cart). Besides slushies, I like this spot because less people are there. Some of the views are a bit blocked, but the benefits out weigh the crowding.

BUT - I don't know what the spice road restaurant did to this location. In October I watched the show from Rose and Crown and the Argentina kiosk up by FW.

My sister and I are visiting Disney World this August. We have been to Disney more times than we can count, but surprisingly enough we have NEVER seen Illuminations. I guess it's because we are hardcore on riding the rides and going nonstop. It's funny though, because we LOVE Wishes and Fantasmic!

So... Is Illuminations worth it? Should we plan to see it during our upcoming trip?

I can't imagine visiting Disney World and not seeing Illuminations and Wishes every single trip.

dotcomgirl18 said:

I was the same way, had never seen it on any of our previous trips until this past October. I have to say, we were impressed! We will definitely make time to see it on future trips.

Absolutely! I see it two or three times every trip. This time I will position myself near the Grey Goose Slushie Stand.

• Norway area

I thought the spot at the twin gift shops is set up as a FP+ viewing area now. Can someone please let me know?

Is this a serious question? Of COURSE it's worth seeing!!

Lol, yes, I was being entirely serious! And thanks for all the input everyone. We plan to see it now during our upcoming trip... with grey goose slushie in hand!

definately our family favorite, we will make a point to catch this show and skip either wishes or fantasmic if we have to miss something. We like the bridge but best overall location is the opposite side of the lake directly across from the american pavillion between the two big gift shops, close to the lake as possible. The bridge is number two. Enjoy the show,
Drew

Thank you for this thread! We were also debating Illuminations, because we have planned to take in Wishes and Fantasmic, wasn't sure if a third would be worth it.

Also, now I found where to get grey goose slushies! :)

We made a point to see it in Sept because it had been years since we had seen any nighttime things at Epcot. It was good and the kids liked it, but I think next time, w will be on Test Track again.

I do not like Illuminations. I haven't seen in in about 13 years, so I don't know if it's changed, but it was kind of "meh" to me and not worth the hassle of trying to see it. Hence why I haven't seen it since October 2000 even though I've been to WDW many time since then.

Illuminations is a must, and one of my favorite events @ WDW

I enjoy finding a comfy spot about 30-45 minutes prior to the show and enjoying the pre show music. after the show, sit a few minutes to let the crowd wane during the post show music, then take a leisurely stroll to the front of the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter