Is Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 really gonna debut on Disney+ August 3rd?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I heard that Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 will make it's Disney+ debut August 3rd and I'm wondering if there is gonna be special promotions and more to honor it's Disney+ release? My mom has been waiting forever to see it and my dad wants to see it too as well

It’s being released on there tomorrow. There’s been a banner at the top of the Disney+ home page promoting it for over a week now. I’m not sure what else they can do to promote it? Maybe a TV or social media ad? In the UK sometimes they add the new releases to the current Disney+ advert on TV but that’s about it so I wouldn’t expect more than that tbh. They’ll probably add the Making Of in a few weeks time once everyone’s had chance to watch it.

GotG3 was great. DH always falls asleep at the movies and this one he only fell asleep for 3 minutes. Quite the triumph!

When I lived in Asia and could order a few beers / glasses of wine delivered to my seat it was really a struggle to stay awake!

I thought Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 was gonna be released today August 3rd but when I was gonna start Marvel's Secret Invasion yesterday morning I saw that it was released on Disney+ yesterday and I saw a banner for it and I thought it was a trailer but no it was the actual movie. Did Disney+ give Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 an early release?

No, it was always 2nd August listed on there. We watched it yesterday and I’ve gotta say, those movies are up there with some of the best trilogies of all time and I’m sad that’s it over now. Just shows what consistent writing and direction can do for a franchise.

No, it was always 2nd August listed on there. We watched it yesterday and I’ve gotta say, those movies are up there with some of the best trilogies of all time and I’m sad that’s it over now. Just shows what consistent writing and direction can do for a franchise.

And don't forget the X-mas special. Not perfect, but one of the better holiday themed tie-ins out there.

As a fan of all sort of comics, Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse etc ... , I'm really excited to see what James Gunn can now do with the DC universe

Gunn is really good at what he does, I just think he understands what the audience wants. Kind of the opposite of Rian Johnson in that regard.

And don't forget the X-mas special. Not perfect, but one of the better holiday themed tie-ins out there.

As a fan of all sort of comics, Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse etc ... , I'm really excited to see what James Gunn can now do with the DC universe
No doubt Gunn is really good, I too am excited to see what he can do with DC. DC has better characters than Marvel (in my opinion), but Marvel has had infinitely better movie execution in the last decade.

Spiderman and the X-men team are my favorite Marvel characters overall, and it's pretty astounding that Marvel mostly had their massive box office run without those characters (other than a little Sidey at the end).

Last edited:
My parents are watching Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 right now and my mother thought it was boring and my dad thought it wasn't as great as the previous two and when my parents were about to get snacks my mother said "Let Dodger watch it instead solo because she adores Guardians Of The Galaxy a lot" And what I think Marvel was actually gonna do with Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 was introduce the new characters Adam Warlock and Cosmo to the series but I don't think Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 is the end of the movie trilogy and what I think will be next will be spin-off movies based on Adam Warlock and a cartoon series with Cosmo will follow and Marvel will do with Adam Warlock is create an Adam Warlock series of movies like they did with Venom and it will do well if they were to exist. But I mainly think it was also a way to sell merchandise. Like before Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 was even the talk of the town before it hit theaters you saw merchandise like Bleacher Creatures plushies action figures boys clothing and McDonald's Happy Meal toys based on the movie and when it finally debuted people got tired of seeing Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 getting overhyped. But I truly think had it gotten more development Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 would've been a bigger hit

My parents are watching Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 right now and my mother thought it was boring and my dad thought it wasn't as great as the previous two and when my parents were about to get snacks my mother said "Let Dodger watch it instead solo because she adores Guardians Of The Galaxy a lot" And what I think Marvel was actually gonna do with Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 was introduce the new characters Adam Warlock and Cosmo to the series but I don't think Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 is the end of the movie trilogy and what I think will be next will be spin-off movies based on Adam Warlock and a cartoon series with Cosmo will follow and Marvel will do with Adam Warlock is create an Adam Warlock series of movies like they did with Venom and it will do well if they were to exist. But I mainly think it was also a way to sell merchandise. Like before Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 was even the talk of the town before it hit theaters you saw merchandise like Bleacher Creatures plushies action figures boys clothing and McDonald's Happy Meal toys based on the movie and when it finally debuted people got tired of seeing Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 getting overhyped. But I truly think had it gotten more development Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 would've been a bigger hit

Bigger hit critically, or box office ? Box office did great number @ $845M- (3rd highest grossing film of the year-- behind only "Mario" and the freight train (Barbie)--- which shows no signs of slowing down-

Guardians 3 is the end of Gunn's trilogy and he was able to tell the story he wanted. Like many other hero teams, the Guardians will still still be around in the MCU but with a different line-up. I feel James Gunn's involvement is what made the MCU Guardians so good. Compare Gunn's Suicide Squad to the 1st Suicide film and you can see the difference. Whether you like Gunn's style or not, I feel it's a good fit for the quirkier characters. Gunn was even involved in the Guardian scenes for the Avenger films.

Marvel will need to find the right creative team for any Guardian stuff going forward.

Bigger hit critically, or box office ? Box office did great number @ $845M- (3rd highest grossing film of the year-- behind only "Mario" and the freight train (Barbie)--- which shows no signs of slowing down-

The closest is Taika Waititi. If they do continue with Star Lord, then he's the way to go.

The closest is Taika Waititi. If they do continue with Star Lord, then he's the way to go.

He's one of the few I'd trust, although I think he went a little too far with Thor:Love/Thunder ... Ragnarok seemed to have just the right mix of tone to match a Guardians story

He's one of the few I'd trust, although I think he went a little too far with Thor:Love/Thunder ... Ragnarok seemed to have just the right mix of tone to match a Guardians story

I liked Love & Thunder, but not as much as Ragnarok.

Taika thought both of these scenes were funny so personally, I don’t want him anywhere near the Guardians.

And don’t get me wrong, I love Taika’s earlier work pre-Marvel and Ragnarok is actually one of my favourite Marvel films but he just lost it with Love & Thunder in my eyes. It was just too much the wrong way that it became obnoxious but I will say the scenes with Jane were beautifully done and Natalie Portman & Tessa Thompson’s performances are both what saved some of the film for me.

Back to James Gunn though, even though he did consult with the Russos for Infinity War & Endgame (he made them add the kiss between Peter and Gamora in IW to show how established their relationship was at that point), he has been a little shady since over them giving Star-Lord his helmet back in those films since it getting destroyed played a big part in Yondu’s sacrifice in Vol. 2 and that’s why Peter doesn’t use it in that scene in Vol. 3.

Without giving too much a way in case anyone hasn’t seen it yet, we’ll definitely be seeing Quill again and I would guess it’ll either be in Avengers: Kang Dynasty or Avengers: Secret Wars based on where we leave him at the end of that film and that he’ll be the link between the new Guardians and the Avengers. I doubt we’ll be getting any additional Adam Warlock projects any time soon because Marvel are trying to cut down on the amount of stuff they’re putting out so I would imagine the next time we see him will be in one of the Avengers films and he will have had time to learn how to control and manage his powers and have matured mentally, probably told through exposition. I wouldn’t mind another holiday special with them all though just as long as Gunn has some involvement but he’s probably way too busy building the DCU for that for now.

Isn't Taika Waititi the voice of Korg in Thor Love And Thunder? I got familiar with Taika after Thor Love And Thunder and he looks like he really does know his stuff when it comes to Marvel movies. My parents went ahead and watched the rest of Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 and my mom was pleasantly surprised by the ending and liked it was pretty surprised that Rocket became a hero at the end. But my mom loved the ending with Star Lord at home with his father. The music in Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 is great but where is Awesome Mix Vol. 3? I found it shocking that The Replacements hit I Will Dare was in it because that was a huge rock song when it came out. And I was shocked to see Redbone's hit Come And Get Your Love was featured in the movie as well. I am gonna see Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 solo but I don't know when I will see it

Isn't Taika Waititi the voice of Korg in Thor Love And Thunder? I got familiar with Taika after Thor Love And Thunder and he looks like he really does know his stuff when it comes to Marvel movies. My parents went ahead and watched the rest of Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 and my mom was pleasantly surprised by the ending and liked it was pretty surprised that Rocket became a hero at the end. But my mom loved the ending with Star Lord at home with his father. The music in Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 is great but where is Awesome Mix Vol. 3? I found it shocking that The Replacements hit I Will Dare was in it because that was a huge rock song when it came out. And I was shocked to see Redbone's hit Come And Get Your Love was featured in the movie as well. I am gonna see Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 solo but I don't know when I will see it

Yes, Taila is the voice of Korg, but also the director of Ragnarok and Love & Thunder (and several other great movies too). He has a very unique sensibility and style. I'm a big fan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter