Is Genie+ worth it if you get into the parks late?

Jules04

Earning My Ears
So my husband has a conference in Anaheim from Oct 1-4th. I am going to go with him so we can get a little disney time together. Our plan is to do DCA on Saturday and Disneyland on Sunday. The only catch is that we won't be getting to the parks until around 3:00 on Saturday and 4:00 on Sunday--though we can stay until close. My plan was to get genie+ to maximize our time.

But with it being so busy lately, is it going to be worth it? Will everything by gone by the time we arrive? If we do purchase it, is there a strategy for when you show up late to the parks?

Thank you all for your collective wisdom!

For Dinseyland YES, and then even more YES! Most rides have bookings available into the evening. Don’t expect as much value in DCA due to less rides so the passes go faster, but it will still be super helpful. Check the “rope drop and strategy” thread for details on the order to prioritize the passes.

If you are efficient you can hit all the major E Tickets in each park in an evening with G+ and Single Rider, no sweat. It’s not a “leisurely pace”, but it’s totally worth it. We do this at the California Dental Association each May WHILE GRAD NITE IS GOING no issue.

Check the Tip Board on the DLR app this weekend to get a sense of what might be available when you get there. And remember the 2-hour limit may affect how many LLs you can get or how you choose them.

Would you be able to stop by and scan into the park in the morning on either day? I'd get it either way, but if you were able to do that you could stack passes and likely walk in to 3 or 4 ready to go.
This is the BEST advice. If you can scan in to either park (make sure it is the one you have a reservation for that day) in the morning, you can start booking LLs throughout the day, stacking the times for later in the day (you don't get to pick the times, but you can wait until the time is out far enough for the ride you want to book). You can also buy your ILL$ for the day, if you plan to buy any of those. Worth it even if you can't go scan into the parks in the morning, but much more worth it if you can.

Thank you for helping me out! I'm happy to hear to purchase is still worth it --though I do see how the value at DCA is considerably less.
We can't check in early on Saturday, but we could make it down on Sunday morning. That is a great idea, especially since Disneyland will probably be pretty busy with it being a OBB night.

Yes, one thing I noticed a couple of weeks ago, is that when rope dropping, it's really not worth it to use LL in the morning. Everything is walk-on, or close to it, in the first hour; more so if you have early entry. In fact I'd forgotten that you can only get one LL per ride per day, and regretted using a FP earlier for Indy when I wanted to ride it later. I had been fishing for multi-experience passes, but I should have just canceled it when Indy stubbornly didn't go down that morning :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter