Is FOTL worth the $249 we will pay at HRH?

Kitty 34

Hums in her sleep
We're planning a last minute trip for mid June and can only get HRH at $249 a night. Just how crowded is mid June?

We're going to have a rental car. So would it make more sense to get a hotel near by that is a lot cheaper........or is FOTL well worth this price???

The HRH is worth it and remember in florida they have vacation time earlier than us so parks will be crowded.I know it sounds like alot but then maybe you should make the long walk from the garage and wait on line while I walk from the HRH and get on ten rides before you get on 2 or 3.When the day is over and your tired look over at me sucking down a drink while laying in the shallow water at the ROCK.YES IT"S WORTH EVERY PENNY TO ME.
Sorry !I got out of control
tiggerguy2000 :rockband:

How many nights were you needing? If you need more than one night, you could by one annual pass because Portofino Bay has an APH rate of $188 for that time. Plus the annual pass gives you discounts on dining and merchandise as well. The Preferred Annual Pass is $169 +tax.

Thank you Tigger Guy for that beautiful talk-me-into-onsite speech!! I could certainly feel your enthusiasm!!!:teeth:

RescueRanger....who would I call to get that price?? And do I have to have the AP first before calling for that room rate?

Thanks both of you for the quick replies.:D

You don't have to have the AP to make the reservation, but you will need it to check-in.

Originally posted by Kitty 34
Thank you Tigger Guy for that beautiful talk-me-into-onsite speech!! I could certainly feel your enthusiasm!!!:teeth:

RescueRanger....who would I call to get that price?? And do I have to have the AP first before calling for that room rate?

Thanks both of you for the quick replies.:D

As Themepark said you don't need it to make the ressie, just when you check in. I checked at the Loews site for the rate but you can also call 1-800-BE-A-STAR (1-800-232-7827).

FOTL is worth it but if the high price was to affect your vacation then i would say its never worth it but be warned FOTL is addictive :jester:

I crunched the numbers for our end of May trip but I got alot better room rates than you.
Offsite = $32
RPR w/APH = $119
# in party = 3
# nights on site = 2 (not consectutive)
# nights offsite = 3
USO attractions = 13 ( 5 re-rides)
IOA " = 11 ( 8 re-rides)

Cost per person per attraction for 2 days staying on site but 4 days with FOTL averages $0.78.
There was a guy trying to bribe a Shrek attendant for FOTL with $10 on our last trip.

Standing in line =:(

Riding = :bounce:

Leaving park = :sad2:

Staying on site = :smooth:

The numbers don't lie. Do the math! :teacher:

That was so funny I fell off my chair. It was awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!

tiggerguy2000:thewave: :thewave: :space:

Hey Kittie!

First of all, I would call again. I also made a last minute 1 day res for early June, and the first time I called they only had $200+ rooms. I ended up getting RP at $119 (with an Annual Pass) when I called this Saturday. It's a great deal for us. We're three adults who are going to try and squeeze in both parks in one and a half days, and FOTL was the only guarantee we had that we'd be able to do as many rides as we could in the least amount of time without killing ourselves (not as sprightly as we used to be). We considered buying an Express pass each day, but at 25+ per person for only one pass per ride x 2 days, plus the hassles of getting to and from WDW (we're doing the day mid-WDW trip), it was better to just stay on site, particularly with the wonderful rate we got.

I didn't need an AP when I called, by the way. I ended up ordering one through Universal (through a $15 a month/12 mo. offer).

Tchoup tchoup!!:D
~:sunny:

You never did say how many days you'd be there. Are you only doing Universal this trip? If so, maybe you won't need to rent a car since you're staying onsite. That would also mean that without the rental, you'd save on parking fees.

Our family is going to Miami for 4 days after Universal, so instead having the rental sitting in the parking garage racking up fees, I decided to pick it up on check out day.

Just a thought on how you might be able to save a little more money. Have fun!

Castillo Mom, do you know if you have to pay to park at HRH?

Btw......I called that Be A Star# and yes I could have got the Portofino for less if I got an AP. But, I decided we're only staying two nights and I really think our three boys (15,17 and 23) would enjoy HRH better. They had no rooms at RPR.

Also, when I booked the HRH room I asked how much more I would have to pay for my oldest DS who obviously agewise falls under the adult category and she said they would waive the extra fee because it's his graduation present!! How nice she was to do that!:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter