Is FOP still a tough FP at 60 days?

My fp opened today and we were able to get a family of 4 for 60+4. They did have day 3 but late in the day. Was hoping for day two but knew it wasn't too likely.

Good luck :-)

This is exactly how we were able to get our FPs.
Went on MDE and was able to add FPs for 7 people on our arrival day at 6:05pm, and then also for our main AK day (60+5) for 7 people at 6:35pm.
We need to figure out the latter because we have Tusker House at 6:40 that day. Not sure we'd be able to make the dinner in time.

Just FYI, I rode FOP around 9 pm with a FP 2 weeks ago and had no wait at all. I walked through the line and straight into the pre-show area, and it was a solid 20-22 min before I was out of the building. The pre-show is very long, and with the walk back to Tusker House, you're looking at about 30 min for ride and walking time, best case scenario. You can show up for FP 5 min early, but you'll probably still be at least 20 min late for your ADR.

Then a poster here on the forum started a thread a week or so later about how they just added more FP times due to the added hours at AK in October.
Went on MDE and was able to add FPs for 7 people on our arrival day at 6:05pm, and then also for our main AK day (60+5) for 7 people at 6:35pm.
We need to figure out the latter because we have Tusker House at 6:40 that day. Not sure we'd be able to make the dinner in time.

I'd be changing that TH ADR if I were you. There's no way you'll be there in time, and they COULD not only refuse to seat you, but charge you the $10 pp no-show fee. It's probably easier to move the ADR than the FP+.

Just FYI, I rode FOP around 9 pm with a FP 2 weeks ago and had no wait at all. I walked through the line and straight into the pre-show area, and it was a solid 20-22 min before I was out of the building. The pre-show is very long, and with the walk back to Tusker House, you're looking at about 30 min for ride and walking time, best case scenario. You can show up for FP 5 min early, but you'll probably still be at least 20 min late for your ADR.

Thanks for the info!!
I've never been to AK so I'm not sure about wait times and walking times between areas.
This is exactly what I was looking for.
We're going to attempt to try and change the ADR.

I'd be changing that TH ADR if I were you. There's no way you'll be there in time, and they COULD not only refuse to seat you, but charge you the $10 pp no-show fee. It's probably easier to move the ADR than the FP+.

Yes that's basically the situation we're in.
Changing FOP is not happening.
After not being able to get it at 60 day mark and then scoring a FP, and for 7 people no less, we'll attempt to change Tusker.
Maybe even try for Yak and Yeti.
Either would do.
Thanks!

I just posted this on another thread...

Just a tip- when I tried to book my FP at 60 days there was nothing for the day I had hoped to go to AK. A few weeks later when they added the later hours to the AK evenings for October they also added FP for those nights. They opened up on a Saturday morning and I was able to get 4 FP for two different evenings. So if your trip is in November or December watch for those hours to be extended. It took a while for all of those FP to get snatched up and there was availability pretty much all through that day until sometime Saturday evening.

When did they extend hours for AK in October? I have been following October for my trip and still do not see closings past 7:30 which is what they showed originally when they were posted.

When did they extend hours for AK in October? I have been following October for my trip and still do not see closings past 7:30 which is what they showed originally when they were posted.
I don't know when they were extended, but I'm seeing 8pm...

I was able to get one on 60 days out for our third day. Today we were at Epcot and was able to snag this for later tonight after finding a Soarin FP while riding Frozen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170904-154614.png
    Screenshot_20170904-154614.png
    128.6 KB · Views: 33
Booked this morning. Booked FOP for 6 on day 65 last fp of the day and day 67 at 10:50 am. Thanks to this thread I started with day 67 to try to make sure we got one. Booked everything else and then Navi for day 60.

My window opened this morning for a 4-day trip. We were able to get FOP, but only after 4:45 pm on 60+4. Initially showed nothing, but I kept reloading, and a couple slots opened. Nothing any earlier, though. I'm not a fan of AK in the afternoon. But when I asked DH whether he preferred afternoon FP+s or rope dropping during EMH, he immediately recalled EMH rope-drop for 7DMT a couple of years ago and (although he admitted it was sort of sadly amusing watching a couple of dads start brawling during the "fast walk" to the line) said afternoon, hands down.

We were also able to get 7DMT on Days 60 (6 pm-ish)and 60+2 (11:40 am), and FEA for 4 on 60+1 at 1:40 pm. My biggest beef right now is with the stupid tiering at Epcot. I mean, REALLY?

Good plan. It is hard to predict what one year will bring. Toy Story Land should be open. So it may well change things at AK by then. Maybe FoP won't be impossible on day 60. At least not as hard as it is now and your initial plan will work.

When does Toy Story Land open actually?

Really hoping that everyones insight is correct.... our 60 day fast pass window for our one day All Star reservation is this Friday and then we move on to WL the next day. According to fellow Diser's, I should be able to make fast pass reservations for the entire trip since my reservations are back to back! I've even adjusted my work schedule in order to make them. Let the pixie dust be in my favor!

Not going til March and have a party of 8 with our AK day fairly early in our week due to other reservations & priorities (though we may have a window of time open on Day 6). However, if neither of those work I'm wondering what folks would recommend as the best rope drop plan to see FOP - a regular opening morning or an EMH morning at AK (staying onsite). And is it still suggested to arrive a full hour ahead of park opening on either or both of those to get on FOP without waiting more than 1/2 hr after gates open? Many thanks!

Our 60 day window opened this morning for our party of 4 and I was online right at 7:00am EST. I wasn't able to get FoP for day 3 (our first of 2 AK days), but I was fully prepared for this. I did, however, have plenty of options for day 7 and 8 including morning time slots. I was able to get a noonish spot for 7DMT on day 2. I didn't look for or book anything on day 1 as we arrive late and won't be hitting the parks until the next day. I didn't look for FEA at all....for us that was a one and done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter