Is Florida still asking folks from NY, NJ, and CT to quarantine upon arrival?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am from NYC and proud of it. I will not do any detours trying to avoid the quarantine if I travel to Fla. If it's still in effect by the time my mid Aug vacation hits, I will simply cancel it. If Fla does not want my tourist dollars thats fine with me.
i agree. If they’re still expecting CT residents to quarantine in August (when CT is well into Phase 3 of reopening), we will simply cancel our trip. I’m considering it anyway now that the new hotspots can still travel to FL and move about freely.

One would think the visitor quarantine Info would be readily available.. not exactly.
But a google search (date 4 days ago) indicates, all visitors from Certain nyc areas, ( not the whole state apparently), ct and NJ( and Louisiana drivers too?) are required to fill out forms and quarantine for 14 days. I did not see any end date, as of yet.
Stay Safe All.

One would think the visitor quarantine Info would be readily available.. not exactly.
But a google search (date 4 days ago) indicates, all visitors from Certain nyc areas, ( not the whole state apparently), ct and NJ( and Louisiana drivers too?) are required to fill out forms and quarantine for 14 days. I did not see any end date, as of yet.
Stay Safe All.

Do you recall where you read about restrictions only applying to certain nyc areas, not the whole state of NY? I'm looking and I can't find it. Hoping that they will eventually do that with NJ too. Maybe open up to travelers from certain parts of NJ earlier than others. We are from Southern NJ and our county numbers (cases per capita) are in line with many other counties in many other states. We don't have anywhere near the concentration seen in the North Jersey counties that border NYC

Is Florida still requiring a 14 day quarantine for folks flying in from NY, NJ, and CT...…...is this still a fact as of May 22nd?

Doug :goofy:
Here is a link to the Governor's order that is still in effect and has the details. I am a Floridian and have not heard anything re LA being added and reviewed the Executive Order list and do not see it as an addition. If someone knows the Executive Order reference, you can look it up. The one still in effect applies to NY, NJ and CT. See Section 1, A:

https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/orders/2020/EO_20-80.pdf

I am from NYC and proud of it. I will not do any detours trying to avoid the quarantine if I travel to Fla. If it's still in effect by the time my mid Aug vacation hits, I will simply cancel it. If Fla does not want my tourist dollars thats fine with me.

Thank you! :love:

I live in CT, southern Middlesex county and I appreciate your willingness to stay put! When I went to a patients house 2 weeks ago, they live close To the beach and told me the amount of put of state cars is insane! Their first selectman early On requested all out of staters to quarantine for 2 weeks. Not sure if they did or not.

I am itching to go to FL the mid/end of August, my jet blue credits are wanting to be used, lol! We were supposed to go in April to my sisters but that got canned! And we were going to do a college tour in Daytona for my son so this is why I want to go so he can see the school vs the virtual tour. Heck, I am hooked, palm trees, beach nearby....and we were going to stop at Disney springs on the way to/from Ft. Myers. So while I am hopeful, I am not sure if it’s going to happen but I am not booking anything yet.

Here is a link to the Governor's order that is still in effect and has the details. I am a Floridian and have not heard anything re LA being added and reviewed the Executive Order list and do not see it as an addition. If someone knows the Executive Order reference, you can look it up. The one still in effect applies to NY, NJ and CT. See Section 1, A:

Louisiana was added with executive order 20-86 on March 27th and it is in effect until 20-52 expires.

https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/orders/2020/EO_20-86.pdf

Reactions: ngl

Stay Safe All.
this is what I have been saying from day one.
”tri state area“ is not all of NY technically, nor is it all of CT or NJ
Do you recall where you read about restrictions only applying to certain nyc areas, not the whole state of NY? I'm looking and I can't find it. Hoping that they will eventually do that with NJ too. Maybe open up to travelers from certain parts of NJ earlier than others. We are from Southern NJ and our county numbers (cases per capita) are in line with many other counties in many other states. We don't have anywhere near the concentration seen in the North Jersey counties that border NYC

“Tri state” NY, NJ,CT
needs better clarification if it is the whole states because non of the three states are completely “tri state”.

i agree. If they’re still expecting CT residents to quarantine in August (when CT is well into Phase 3 of reopening), we will simply cancel our trip. I’m considering it anyway now that the new hotspots can still travel to FL and move about freely.

And, interestingly, MA has surpassed CT in terms of infection per capita, but you can apparently fly out of Logan without restrictions. I don't really understand this, as those living east of the river in CT have seen very few COVID cases, while the Boston area has been a major hotspot.

Additionally, those living in western CT that saw a lot of the early virus spread are really good about social distancing measures, and cases are going way down accordingly.

I am frankly more worried about the spread by people from less hard-hit areas who don't take risk-reduction measures seriously. Give me a New Yorker who is acclimated to mask wearing over people who haven't seen cases in their community and think wearing masks is equal to being controlled, and infringes on their God-given right as 'Mericans to do whatever the hell they want, regardless of how it impacts anyone around them. Sorry for the rant, but those armed protestors in Michigan are disturbing.

If I go to NY or CT or NJ, do I have to wear a mask anywhere or stay inside since I don't have to in Florida? I live in Florida and the reason for the self quarantine is to make sure no more cases start in Florida from you Yankees. Once Gov DeSantis changes the rules you won't have to. He hasn't changed them yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter