Is Flight of Passage really worth the wait?

When I look at the YouTube videos of it, it seems kinda neat. I think it is in 3D right? Or some kind of VR? Is it one of your must-do's? I wonder if the hour + wait time is worth it since there are no fastpasses right now. Do you always go there first thing in the morning?
Yes! Even if you're not an Avatar fan, it's a wonderful ride. The first time me and my family rode it was brand new and we waited almost 4 hours...it was excrutiating until we finally boarded--and we were blown away! Since I was not experienced in theme parks/roller coasters as a kid, it took quite a few trips to make myself experience most of what Disney World has to offer (I used to get motion sick) but I made myself ride FOP and I'm glad I did. Honestly I'll still wait an hour to ride Flight of Passage, especially if I have a short vacation. You can totally skip river journey though...the experience of Pandora at night is more beautiful and you don't have to wait in line!

Depends on the wait. I'll do 45-60 for that one but I will cut off at 20 or 30 for almost everything else. At least I don't recall seeing 3-4 hour lines at anytime since the Covid shutdown.

No ride is worth an hour wait, and certainly not more than an hour. But it is one of the better rides at Disney. I think there are a number of rides that are more "magical" or better represent Disney, but it's certainly a good ride.

For me, I’d be fine skipping it. I tried to watch Avatar the movie and never really clicked with it. My wife and kids love the ride so we still fit it in to our plans, but for me it’s a one and done. I prefer “real” rides over simulators.

Don’t even get me started on Navi River Journey. I feel like it’s a pumped version of a Rain Forest Cafe ride.

We rope dropped today and rode twice in a row by 8:40. Technically we waited 90 minutes or so but it was broken up so it felt worth it. We were off the first time by 8:05. Wait was posted 30 mins so we went again.

When ae you going?

We were at Animal Kingdom about a week and a half ago. Got to Animal Kingdom around 8:30 for a 9AM opening. The line for the ride was all the way out to Africa but once they opened the attraction (a few minutes before 9 is when the line started moving) we waited about 20 minutes.

If you are going before the 50th anniversary stuff starts you shouldn't wait long at all. Crowds are extremely low right now. And honestly waiting an hour right now is nothing - a few years ago people were waiting 2-4 hours to ride FOP

It is a fantastic, amazing ride. I won't wait super long for anything, but if you are someone that will - I recommend it. I have never been willing to wait in line for that ride, so I never got to go in it (since the old FP+ system sucked so hard and anyone staying off site didn't have a prayer getting FP for that ride) until I went to an After Hours event in AK. It was wonderful getting to practically walk on.

DS9 and I waited about 30 mins for it last week late morning on a weekday (wait time was posted above 40) and it was totally worth it. He has never seen Avatar but really enjoyed it regardless. The ride is really well done and some of the more subtle movements and scenes are quite beautiful.
Of note though, research the ride vehicle first. Our travel party included a couple people with claustrophobia one of whom chose not to ride after hearing about the restraints. Do not wait only to find out you might be uncomfortable.

Everyone has their own opinion. If its one of the only times you'll be there, yes its worth it. It is an amazing ride.
If you go frequently, then no its not.

If the wait is less than 60 minutes..... it is worth it. I would not wait any longer than that. For us... it is a ride we can only do once. DD will take Dramamine ahead of time so she doesn't get nauseous on it. The queue is ridiculously long even if you hit it first thing! feels like you are winding back and forth forever regardless of how many people. The one time I tried to ride it more than once during After Hours and I just was exhausted walking the queue!
We would much rather ride something that actually moves.... not big simulator fans!

This past trip was the first time I rode it, and it is now my favorite ride in all of WDW.
The posted wait was 45 minutes but we were in line for 25 minutes top. If a ride is more than 35 minutes I usually skip it (kind of impossible this trip though if I wanted to ride anything) but I would definitely wait 45-60 for this one again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter