Is EE/RD worth it if Not Super Early?

It’s the sprinters that ruin it for everyone and eventually someone is really going to get hurt.
I think so too. Walk fast? Sure, walk at a brisk pace, but running is eventually going to result in someone tripping, falling, and possibly getting hurt. There are thousands of people behind you who might not stop in time to avoid trampling on you.

I think so too. Walk fast? Sure, walk at a brisk pace, but running is eventually going to result in someone tripping, falling, and possibly getting hurt. There are thousands of people behind you who might not stop in time to avoid trampling on you.
Yup. I’m naturally a fast walker. My son is also. My wife and daughter aren’t. So we are always a few in front of them. Even when we are out and about I have to concentrate on walking at her pace. lol. Everything I do is fast. It’s just how my brain works but yes fast walk cool. But the running is getting stupid out of hand.

The only time we made sure we were in line more than 10-15 minutes prior to park opening was when we wanted to ride FoP. Even then for a 7:30 EE we were on the bus for AK at 6:45-6:50, through security around 7:05, they let people in at 7:30 pretty much on the dot, and we were on the ride around 8. So were we in the front of the line for FoP? No. But we never really stopped in line and it felt like a plenty effective use of our early morning balancing not being up at the complete crack of dawn but not waiting a long time, either.

Otherwise, we just try to be through security and into the park right as EE is starting. We typically do the headliners that everyone is rushing to more in the evening, though, and not in the morning.

I like using EE to hit anything other than the most popular attractions. Get a bunch of those out of the way quickly. This is with getting there 5 minutes before opening. Even with HS I wanted to do SDD so arrived maybe 30 minutes early, and it opened early so we did that, MMRR x 2 and TSMM before the park opened.

Now that we have youngsters in our group, we use this strategy too. In MK it is nice to get to do a bunch of smaller rides with minimal waits. I know people always think of RD for the headliners but getting to knock out Buzz, Dumbo, Pooh, and LM in like the first 30 mins is nice. Sometimes with multiple rides of each.

I would think more people are using EE/RD now to avoid having to pay up for a low wait for some rides.

In 45 years of going to WDW I think, by FAR, THE number one strategy is getting into the parks as early as possible. The good thing is we are early risers, we're up anyway.

We always rope drop, we always stay on site and we always plan to get to the park 30 minutes before opening. When bussing we always get to our resort bus stop 60 minutes before opening.

In 45 years of going to WDW I think, by FAR, THE number one strategy is getting into the parks as early as possible. The good thing is we are early risers, we're up anyway.

We always rope drop, we always stay on site and we always plan to get to the park 30 minutes before opening. When bussing we always get to our resort bus stop 60 minutes before opening.
we're lazy people who love to sleep in as late as possible...when we're home. but at WDW we are up and rope dropping.

You are correct. FoP is indeed really bad at EE. But EE is really good at EE, so if that's your ride, you're in for a treat.
My experience with FoP during EE is different. One morning I was in the area of FoP during EE, just killing time, since I had just found out KS wasn't open yet and that was my main interest. So about half way thru EE, yet FoP had only a 5 minute wait! I almost took a picture it was so unusual. Note-it was on a morning when EE started at 7:30, so this was around 7:45-maybe the extra early time was why.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter