• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is doing all 4 parks in a 6 day trip realistic?

You'll be fine. Don't stress out. We go to WDW a lot, and on our summer trips we slow way down over the winter trips. Do exactly what everyone suggests - go out early, spend a good 4 hours back at the resort during the heat of the day, then head back out. It's hot, it's humid, but the crowds aren't bad and you'll get a lot done and have a great time as long as you don't push too hard. Save a day for a water park!

You'll definately have time to do all the parks - just not everything in each park. But don't worry over that. It's not realistic to try to fit everything in without staying for 2 weeks or more. We're finally doing the water parks for the first time on our upcoming trip!

You'll definately have time to do all the parks - just not everything in each park. But don't worry over that. It's not realistic to try to fit everything in without staying for 2 weeks or more. We're finally doing the water parks for the first time on our upcoming trip!

very true, you'll have time to go to all the parks for sure, . but you won't be able to get on EVERY SINGLE RIDE, . . but i doubt everyone does that

Do some online research to see which ones u KNOW you want to go on, which ones ur not sure, and which ones u wont' go on for sure

my frds and i already decided the kiddy rides like teacup, carousels and dumbos are off the list. hahaha we're thrill riders, so SM, splash etc, are a must do!! this makes things much more bearable. The Disney websites provide a pretty nice description of the ride but visiting or posting on the forums will get you any answer syou can't find~ HAPPY RESEARCHING!!!

Definately doable. This coming trip will include at least 3 trips to each park, most every night hitting the Comedy Warehouse, the BSM Tour, 2 MNSSHP's & a shopping spree at DTD. I'm ready to roll & i'm going to have a blast! I'm even going on a short trip in December as well just to check out the Osbourne Lights, MVMCP & Candlelight. This is my favorite time of year & i'm glad to be going back home in 3 more months!

We are doing all 4 parks in 3 days, but we are adults and going commando. We are talking 6am alarm clocks each morning, at bus stop by 7, there for rope drops, and at the parks til midnight (whichever has EMH).

I have a list of the rides we want to do and in addition, we'll make some stops at attractions like the hall of presidents/carousel of progress for some A/C time.

We are TIRED, but it sure is FUN! If I had kids, I'd never be able to do this though.

Even WITH kids, the 4 parks in 6 days is PLENTY of time. You will have no problem hitting all the highlights.

Dear 1st timer,

First of all, OH YOU'RE GONNA HAVE SOME FUUUNNN!!!:thumbsup2

But in a word, yes! You can do all 4 parks in 6 days! We only take 6 day stints at WDW, and we hit all 4 parks EASY in those days.

But we are Park Commandos. We haven't been in our hotel room during daylight hours. All waking hours are spent within parks or eating at some restaurant. We don't take time out to go swimming, or relax and watch TV. We have a pool that we pay much HOA dues for, so we take a picture of the pool and keep it moving to the buses!

Oh, and we've been going to WDW for 3 years straight and we haven't seen what Downtown Disney looks like, either. Why? Because Atlanta have great malls.

So I go to WDW to ride. And watch the shows. And take pictures. And eat. And play until I'm so physically tired, I pass out on the bed.

But once daylight peek through the window of the hotel? We're gone to do it all over again!!!

(By the way, I'm like God in this sense- on the 7th day, I rest!

Yup. I'd figure on 2 days each for Epcot and MK, plus 1 day each for AK and DHS. Should work out great. :thumbsup2

I'd do something like this:
Day 1 - AK
Day 2 - DHS
Day 3 - sleep in, go for a swim, maybe visit a theme park or water park for part of the day, but just take it very easy.
Day 4 - Epcot
Day 5 - sleep in, rest, whatever else you feel like
Day 6 - MK

As long as you make sure to get a couple of rest days in there when you can sleep in and recover, you'll be fine.

We did with an 8 year old and a 5 year old.
If there is a Pirate and Princess Party I highly recommend it.

Arrival Day: MK
Day 2: MK
DAy 3: Disney Studios
Day 4: EPCOT
Day 5: Animal Kingdom plus P&PP at night
DAy 6: Animal Kingdom and leaving

Just see the highlights

This is our first trip to Disney. We are going Aug 23-30. Its me, DH, and DS 4.

I dont know what to do. Should I do all the parks? I'm worried that it may be pushing our limits. Aug is very hot, and trying to get to rope drop every morning, and leaving midday and coming back in the evening may be difficult.

I was wondering if you guys have done it and if its possible or should I just do a couple of parks now and save the rest for another trip.

If I do decided on doing a couple of parks, which ones should I pick?

Thanks, I'd appreciate the advice.

6 days is plenty, mid-way take a break from the theme parks and do a water park. August is hot and muggy and a water park will refresh you and re-energize you to face the pavement! We love Typhoon lagoon! Have fun!

Dear 1st timer,

But in a word, yes! You can do all 4 parks in 6 days! We only take 6 day stints at WDW, and we hit all 4 parks EASY in those days.

But we are Park Commandos. We haven't been in our hotel room during daylight hours. All waking hours are spent within parks or eating at some restaurant. We don't take time out to go swimming, or relax and watch TV. We have a pool that we pay much HOA dues for, so we take a picture of the pool and keep it moving to the buses!

Oh, and we've been going to WDW for 3 years straight and we haven't seen what Downtown Disney looks like, either. Why? Because Atlanta have great malls.

So I go to WDW to ride. And watch the shows. And take pictures. And eat. And play until I'm so physically tired, I pass out on the bed.

But once daylight peek through the window of the hotel? We're gone to do it all over again!!!

you sound like us-we'd be perfect vacation buddies!!!

In six days, I would totally plan to do all four parks!! MK typically takes the longest but if you plan to stay for the *day*, each of the parks can be pretty well covered in a day.

Definitely! Lots of people on the boards take longer vacations and swear that's the only way to do it... but you can totally see all the parks in 6 days. You can visit all the parks in 4 days if that's all you had. Granted, you will not do everything, but you could be there two weeks and not do every single attractions. With 6 full days plus 2 travel days, you can do quite a bit, including water parks and Downtown Disney.

We are here now at WDW for a 6 day theme park and two day water park trip and we don't think it's enough time. On our first day we did MK from rope drop to about 9PM and was exhausted and we only got a fraction of stuff done even after reading post after post about how to manage your days at the park on this site. We have one more day at MK but know that we won't get all the thing we want to do. Next day was TL from rope drop all day to 5PM and more swimming in the hotel pool and was exhausted. Next day we could barely could wake up but was at EPCOT from rope drop to closing. Even though the crowd was manageable there's still way too much to see. Unfortunately we don't have another day here. Next we went to AK and had the best relaxing day at a park and the most fun and got to do the most but not all. We originally thought we would be okay with one day at AK but after visiting we know this is our favorite park and we want another day...sorry EPCOT. Today we went to BB and had a blast from opening to closing. I thought I could relax today but after all the walking and climbing, I'm exhausted again. We are going to MK tomorrow since it's open til midnight. I want to do alot of stuff but we know that if we stay late we'll be tire for the next day which is HS followed the final day with AK. We have an 8 yrs old daughter and I think for a relaxing trip to visit all the parks and to watch all the shows, parades, fireworks takes atleast three days at each park. Did I mention I am exhausted and tired. We have three more days and my mind is mush.

This makes me sad :( I think we get so caught up in "doing it all" and "getting our money's worth" that we forget to relax and have FUN. Don't get so caught up in all the advice and touring plans that you forget to enjoy yourself!

I did this my last trip. The first few days I was very "Go! Go! Go!" and I didn't realize I was running my family in the ground. DH finally put a stop to my madness and we had much more fun. We didn't do everything, but we had a great time.

You want your trip to feel like a vacation, and not a to-do list that you have to complete.

we do one park per day, no hopping. We can easily spend 13 hours straight in a park but a lot of people like to take afternoon breaks. You will definitely NOT get to everything (we go for 8 full days, spend 2 days at each park and still do not do everything) so don't stress! Just relax, take your time, and do what you want to do! :thumbsup2

I second the recommendations to NOT do the Commando and try to get each and every ride in every single park done in one trip. Pick a few 'must sees' and if you have to wait for a show to start, or a Fast Pass time, then sit in the shade, drink some water and relax. Southerners do not rush for good reason. They've learned that if you try to do too much in the heat, you collapse and get nothing at all done. A good way to slow down is to stop and take pictures of the details you spot and think are interesting. You'll end up with some great pictures of things that most folks just walk past and barely glance at.

Dear 1st timer,

oh my, . . listening to you describe it in such a way is SO exciting for me. I'm going in 4 days and that's exactly how we plan to do it. Just thinking abt the fact that we're going to go home after Pm Emh, pass out, and wake up again makes me SOOO EXCITED!!

i mean, . . . that's why they say that 'you can rest when you're dead' right? HAHAHA

Oh heres'a nother one that's good, .. it's a cantonese saying but i think it's applicable to ppl going on trips too

"One person for One LIfe, One Purchase for One Life"
well it sounds kinda retarded here HAHAH but it actually means that you only get one life to enjoy yourself in. So if you see anything yoU REALLY wnat at the park, GO FOR IT! Who knows if you will really get another chance to do it

HAHA

love it, . . that's my frd's reasoning for all purchases

Don't go commando with young kids. After a few first days of go go go we finally decided to be smart and enjoy the experience. The last two days were at HS for morning (not at rope drop) then a break to the water park and then back in the evening for just two rides and one show. Yesterday we did a leisurely AK (not at rope drop) and took in the Festival of the Lion King along with several other shows and rode only one ride. BTW IMHO Lion King is the BEST show at MK. Afterwards we spent the rest of the day at TL and had a blast. For the first time we didn't get back to the hotel hardly able to walk and go to bed exhausted. Our next visit will definitely be like the last several days. My recommedation though is to get to the park early enough to see the first shows and gather some FP to ride later in the day.

This is our first trip to Disney. We are going Aug 23-30. Its me, DH, and DS 4.

I dont know what to do. Should I do all the parks? I'm worried that it may be pushing our limits. Aug is very hot, and trying to get to rope drop every morning, and leaving midday and coming back in the evening may be difficult.

I was wondering if you guys have done it and if its possible or should I just do a couple of parks now and save the rest for another trip.

If I do decided on doing a couple of parks, which ones should I pick?

Thanks, I'd appreciate the advice.

Definitely visit all 4 parks, just realize you can't see everything at all 4.

With a 4 year old, plan on 2 days at Mk, and then 1 day at HS, AK and Epcot. This will leave you 1 day to return to your favorite.

We usuall have 7 full days in the parks... My family chooses to spend...
3 days at MK... always our first and last full days, plus 1 more... it's our favorite.
2 at HS, very theatrical family and love all the shows. (Grab a schedule of shows as you enter the park.)
1 at Epcot, (2 days on longer trips) we do not take an afternoon break this day.
1 at AK, with a visit to DTD in the evening, since this park closes earlier than the others.

Take advantage of EMH and fast passes.

You can do this and have a fantastic time, just remember that when the least hearty person in your party starts to fade, you need to evaluate whether it's time for a rest, snack, or to go back to the resort. Don't get caught up in having to do whatever is on your list for whatever day. When the youngest/oldest gives out (actually a little before), it's time to call it a day so everyone ends the day happy.

Do have a prioritized list for attractions for each park, but don't be determined to do them all. Also, be open to deviations from your schedule. Some of the best magic happens that way!

Have a wonderful trip, you are going to fall in love!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter