Is Disney still spacing people in the restaurants?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
I know they were spacing people out because of covid. Did this all go out the window when they stopped requiring masks?
I know they are now requiring masks in any indoor locations, but what about keeping people safely spaced while eating?

We were there 7/30-8/5, ate at the Wave, Tony's, TH, Homecomin', Sci-Fi, CM. The only two restaurants that seemed to have some distancing were TH and Sci-Fi, and I suspect that was only the case because they were both early lunch ADRs within the first half hour of serving lunch.

We're here now and the table service we've seen so far is not spaced out at all. Full capacity normal seating. We chose not to do any TS on this trip for that reason (unless you can get a patio spot where it may be spaced our more as part of their normal setup).
Where have you been eating? I am canceling a lot of our reservations and focusing on TS options only. We are going to try the patios at Tony's and Raglan Road and hopefully check out Spice Road Table.

Where have you been eating? I am canceling a lot of our reservations and focusing on TS options only. We are going to try the patios at Tony's and Raglan Road and hopefully check out Spice Road Table.
Should you eat say lunch at a less popular time you should be OK finding a table at RR. The man and I used to sit there contentedly for hours

I know they were spacing people out because of covid. Did this all go out the window when they stopped requiring masks?
I know they are now requiring masks in any indoor locations, but what about keeping people safely spaced while eating?
Here now.

If I had an unvaccinated child, we would have only eaten in our room.

Some table service restaurants had spacing (i.e., Ale & Compass), others had none (i.e., Skipper Canteen).

Jaleo had moveable partitions between the tables.

Current spacing is because of staffing shortages.

We were there 7/30-8/5, ate at the Wave, Tony's, TH, Homecomin', Sci-Fi, CM. The only two restaurants that seemed to have some distancing were TH and Sci-Fi, and I suspect that was only the case because they were both early lunch ADRs within the first half hour of serving lunch.

Thanks for the details! Is Sci-Fi still seating only one party per car? Or are they back to mixing parties?

QS only — lots of options for that at DS, resorts and in parks (some better than others). Looking at Boathouse patio tonight. We will bail if it doesn’t look good

Here now.

If I had an unvaccinated child, we would have only eaten in our room.

Some table service restaurants had spacing (i.e., Ale & Compass), others had none (i.e., Skipper Canteen).

Jaleo had moveable partitions between the tables.

Current spacing is because of staffing shortages.

They were using those last November but not when we went on 7/25, which was before the reinstatement of indoor masking.

Thanks for the details! Is Sci-Fi still seating only one party per car? Or are they back to mixing parties?
When we were there on 7/29, only the 3 of us in a 3 row car. This was before the indoor mask reinstatement.

Last week there was no distancing at beaches and cream, teppon edo, and whispering canyon. Husband came down with COVID 2 days after we got home. 😭

I’m so sorry. Best wishes for a speedy recovery! This is our fear. Seriously considering cancelling our upcoming trip. TS meals are a big part of vacations for us, so not sure if the trip is worth it with doing all outdoor QS (among everything else going on right now). We felt comfortable in May/June when tables were spaced safely. Now, not so much. I appreciate you sharing your experience…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter