Is Disney Sorcerer Pass worth it for us?

DisneyMountainWoman

DIS Veteran
Before prices go up we want to buy are tickets or passes for upcoming trips.
Our trips:
Nov 22-Nov 30th 2023Thanksgiving trip
Jan 7th- Jan 13th 2024 for Dopey trip

So looking at ticket prices I realized that it might be better for us to get the Ap Sorcerer. I never considered it before because thanksgiving is a block out period. But when looking at the details the whole week is not blocked out... so might make finical sense for us...

So are Thanksgiving trip would look like, we still would have to buy an Epoct day cause we have to do the Festival of the Holidays.
Fri: Arrive Late
Sat: Park day anywhere….
Sunday: AK
Monday:HS
Tuesday:MK
Wednesday: Mickey's Xmas Party (Blocked out out) between $169 and $199 per adult, or $159 to $189 per child
Thursday: Resort Day (blocked out)
Friday: Epcot (blocked out) $179
Saturday: leave (not an early flight)

AP Sorcess pass cost 999, with one day Epcot ticket it would be 1,178 which is cheaper than 1,449 .

So is that crazy buying one day ticket?
Is there anything else I messed?

Do you typically buy hopper tickets? If so, I would say get the annual pass. And if you typically buy memory maker, you just need to add the photopass option to one of the APs ($99 for the year vs 75/185 for a day/visit). The 20% merchandise discount also comes in handy (buy your bottled water in a gift shop vs food location/cart to get the discount). Moot point if you are DVC-Y, though.

Do you typically buy hopper tickets? If so, I would say get the annual pass. And if you typically buy memory maker, you just need to add the photopass option to one of the APs ($99 for the year vs 75/185 for a day/visit). The 20% merchandise discount also comes in handy (buy your bottled water in a gift shop vs food location/cart to get the discount). Moot point if you are DVC-Y, though.
Sometimes we buy hopper. But yes we always buy memory maker.

I'm lost. 2023?

Thanksgiving on Sorcerer's Passes? (Never mind. I just read the itinerary.)

Before prices go up we want to buy are tickets or passes for upcoming trips.
Our trips:
Nov 22-Nov 30th 2023Thanksgiving trip
Jan 7th- Jan 13th 2024 for Dopey trip

So looking at ticket prices I realized that it might be better for us to get the Ap Sorcerer. I never considered it before because thanksgiving is a block out period. But when looking at the details the whole week is not blocked out... so might make finical sense for us...

So are Thanksgiving trip would look like, we still would have to buy an Epoct day cause we have to do the Festival of the Holidays.
Fri: Arrive Late
Sat: Park day anywhere….
Sunday: AK
Monday:HS
Tuesday:MK
Wednesday: Mickey's Xmas Party (Blocked out out) between $169 and $199 per adult, or $159 to $189 per child
Thursday: Resort Day (blocked out)
Friday: Epcot (blocked out) $179
Saturday: leave (not an early flight)

AP Sorcess pass cost 999, with one day Epcot ticket it would be 1,178 which is cheaper than 1,449 .

So is that crazy buying one day ticket?
Is there anything else I messed?
I would do it regardless of the extra EPCOT ticket. It’s over $600 for a 4 day non hopper. You’ll use it for your Dopey trip too.

Sometimes we buy hopper. But yes we always buy memory maker.
Well right there you are paying $99 for a one time purchase vs $370 (185 x 2) to add it to each trip. Just remember that only one person in the family needs it since you are on each other‘s family and friends list.

And I agree with the previous poster that even if you buy that separate one day Epcot ticket you are still better off with the annual pass.

Are annual pass prices due to increase soon? We'll be renewing ours in the next couple of months.

In your situation op I think as soon as you do two plus trips that add up to 10+ days, annual passes are the way to go. We like that they encourage us to go more often as well.

Are annual pass prices due to increase soon? We'll be renewing ours in the next couple of months.

In your situation op I think as soon as you do two plus trips that add up to 10+ days, annual passes are the way to go. We like that they encourage us to go more often as well.
The last AP price increase was back in Oct 2023.

I read an article that talks about how tickets prices tend to go up in Feb... and sometimes AP can go up then too. So I am just getting everything to be safe now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter