Is Disney Movie Club worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have belonged to the DMC for a while, long past our committment. We like being a part of the club!:cool1: You always have the opportunity to get specials and deals, and it takes no time at all to go online to order movies. I also joined the free Disney Rewards club as well so every Disney movie we buy we have rewards points for. I have found it more than worth it.:thumbsup2

Being a part of the DMC, you also can get some hard to find movies that are not in the vault. I have found that the movies are easy to order, and even to pre-order if it's a new release. The DMC is worth it.:woohoo:

how do i canceal the movie of the month? Or at least decline it?

If you sign up so you have an account online, you'll be emailed your title. You click through, sign in, and decline it. They will send an email confirming that in about a day.

You should also get the offerings in the mail, and you can mail the card back, call it, or log on based on that.

Does the featured movie of the month count as one of the five you have to purchase within the year?

Yes. But if you order a double feature (which normally comes with a discount) I'm not sure the second movie counts. There's a way to "turn off" your special offers when making an order so that all of what you are buying is at normal price. Only items bought at normal price count towards your membership, so you don't want to waste money by getting bunches at a discount, then still having to buy more.

Totally depends on if you buy a lot of movies of not. It's been great for us, but realize that it CAN be irritating, too.

The initial offer is fantastic - buy as many as you can at great discounts. Once you do this, it offsets the "regular price" (in other words, more expensive than retail) titles you have to buy.

The continual offers are nice. All in all, we've enjoyed the DMC.

It is a hassle and if you have a problem the customer service is staffed by people trained to just say the same infuriating things over and over. You can find any of these movies cheaper pretty much anywhere else without getting mired in a commitment to buy even more overpriced movies. This has been one big headache and I can't wait to be done with it. If nothing else get a library card and watch all these for free.

We love the DMC and absolutely the savings have worked out for us. We bought our minimum to fulfill our committment and the min to achieve VIP status. I usually decline our featured titles every month, even if it's something we know we will want to buy. Then I wait for them to have a 50 or 60% VIP sale and I'll by that title I wanted at full price so I can get a bunch of other ones really cheap.

You have to stay on top of it, and yes, there was once or twice that I missed it and sent it back and got a strongly worded letter reminding me that I should decline these before the deadline. But for the savings, it's worth it to us. You probably could buy many titles that we buy at 50% off at stores for less than the "list" price of the DMC, but if you are able to wait and plan and take advantage of the super sales for VIPs, I think it's worth it.

A PP above mentioned that the "cheap" titles do not count towards fulfilling your committment. A different way to look it is is that the highest priced item in your cart will be the one you have to pay full price on and will be the one towards fulfilling your committment.

Are there more titles available than what is offered on the initial sign up page once you are a member?

We have several Disney movies we need to replace, about 10! but not all are listed as options. I figured up the costs and buying at least half of the 10 is even cheaper than Amazon, for Blu Ray that is.

Not only no, but....................
What a disappointment. One of the worst investments you could ever make. First, I get charged for things I don't order, even though I tell them I refuse selections. Second, trying to get them to own up and refund my money is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. The only way I got this far in the process was by threatening legal action. So save yourself a lot of aggravation and bypass these clowns :clown:

Not only no, but....................
What a disappointment. One of the worst investments you could ever make. First, I get charged for things I don't order, even though I tell them I refuse selections. Second, trying to get them to own up and refund my money is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. The only way I got this far in the process was by threatening legal action. So save yourself a lot of aggravation and bypass these clowns :clown:

This is a weirdly old thread for you to drag up, but....

The only times I've been charged for things I didn't "order" was when I didn't decline the offering. When you decline an offer well before the deadline, you are sent one merely a few days later. You increase the number of offerings when you reply early. Annoying, but EASY to figure out after a few months of doing it. And there's always about a week's delay between the deadline and when it's actually shipped. When I've caught it inside that time, a quick phone call has always resulted in a stopped shipment.

one time when I didn't catch it and the item was shipped, I just kept it.

Last time, when a series of events was about to result in me owning 3 copies of Cinderella, they kindly sent me a return label (took two calls to actually GET it), let me send the third back to them rather on the late side (I kept misplacing one or the other), and stopped sending me invoices. (I'd let the CC lapse, thinking it would protect me from myself, but it turns out they'll send it and bill you, LOL) They canceled the debt because I'd sent it back.

It took a bit of work on my part, though most of that work was caused by my own lack of action and forgetting things, but they were absolutely lovely to deal with. I'm not sure why you've had such a problem with them!

Be careful, Disney Movie Club is great to get movies however, God forbid you miss an email o decline a featured title because you will get an unexpected charge. You have to commit to 5 movies in 2 years but it is only on brand new movies it doesn't go towards already released titles. When they charge your account it shows pending one day, is gone the next and doesn't actually take the money out for about a week after they charge the account which makes it very difficult to keep track of your money when you thing the first payment already cleared. If you want to cancel the program you get to send back all the movies and it takes 4-6 weeks to get your money back which doesn't include the discounts so you lose money. I would much rather buy new movies from the store because I actually save more money not having to pay for shipping and handling which makes the movies more expensive by almost $5!!! K don't recommend the program!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter