Is Disney finally seeing consumers say they're pricing themselves out of peoples ability to pay?

Last quarter's rising occupancy to 88% begs to differ.
Okay. But I mean for someone like myself who is low middle class and does not go to WDW or DL often as others, it is too costly. Sure Disney can get people into the hotel with discounts and certain perks, not everyone can afford it all the time. That is what I was trying to say.

Thanks for the facts though.

Last quarter's rising occupancy to 88% begs to differ.

That occupancy rate includes rooms occupied by Disney Employees payng next to nothing to stay at the resorts. That being said, Magic Kingdom was just as crowded as ever this past July. Then again, that's one of the negative effects of Fastpass+. Lines for normally no wait attractions no have 15-20 minute waits.

Speaking as a Brit: Disneyland Paris is freaking expensive. I’m paying more for 4 days in DLP over Christmas, in a Moderate hotel, and I am for 2 weeks in AKL next year. The only reason DLP would be cheaper is if you pay less in flights (which obviously I do, but which US guests won’t).
Do you think the price went up for Disneyland Paris since Disney took over operations?

Sorry just wondering.

And when you compare Universal's $170 price ticket for one day at their two parks vs. Disney's $189 price for one day at all four parks, two water parks, and golf. Universal is exorbitantly overpriced.

In the U.K., from what I have seen, the third party sellers all sell Universal as a 2 or 3 day addition to a Disney vacation. I have never seen any promotion that suggests that Universal is something you should go to Orlando to visit. It’s moee like, “while you are here, why not visit Universal”. Disney has, very smartly, capitalised on that by selling 14 day U.K. tickets for only a few £s more per day than 7 day tickets.

Okay. But I mean for someone like myself who is low middle class and does not go to WDW or DL often as others, it is too costly. Sure Disney can get people into the hotel with discounts and certain perks, not everyone can afford it all the time. That is what I was trying to say.

Thanks for the facts though.
You can do 5 nights at the All Star resort with 3 park days (2 pool/Disney springs day) for approx. $1,500. I don't see how it could/should be much cheaper.

Hotels are simply expensive Everywhere!
In the last three weeks, 5 states, and all hotels were $250 to 425/nite for a deluxe. Imho, you generally get what you pay for.

I try to take advantage of AAA discounts and rewards programs to either reduce the overall price or get the perks.. like free wi fi, free late check out, free upgrades, free snacks on arrival, reduced pking fees, and more.

My main issue is that Disney’s idea of Deluxe is not the same as Deluxe elsewhere, yet the Price point is the same or higher .. with less offered to the consumer. Their kids are basically standard rooms elsewhere.
I’m disney addicted , so I accept it and choose dates/costs I’m satisfied with.

Still not done Universal... yet, so can’t comment on that comparison but looking forward to an upcoming visit.

That occupancy rate includes rooms occupied by Disney Employees payng next to nothing to stay at the resorts.

Genuine question: would that not also apply to Universal hotels?

Do you think the price went up for Disneyland Paris since Disney took over operations?

Sorry just wondering.

I think it has, though I’m certainly not an expert. I’m in a couple of DLP FB groups, and it seems like the biggest group of guests who are staying in the Disneyland Hotel (the big pink one at the front gate) are US guests. They presumably get discounted rates, because even the Grand Floridian isn’t charging £1500 (about £1600-£1800 depending on the exchange rate) per night.

Sorry, but I don't agree at all.

July 11-18, 2020 at Beach Club - $503 per night
July 11-18, 2020 at Hard Rock - $414 per night

The only reason it's that high is because AP rates and Stay More Save More rates aren't loaded yet. We go every year in July and the only time we ever paid more than $250 per night at Hard Rock was a year we got a Deluxe Room.

But if you want to look at a closer time when discount rates are already loaded, here you go:

December 14-21 at Beach Club - $500 per night
December 14-21 at Hard Rock - $262 per night
Were there no discounts for the Beach Club? The AP rate is usually 30-35% off.

My main issue is that Disney’s idea of Deluxe is not the same as Deluxe elsewhere, yet the Price point is the same or higher
There is only one Disney owned 5 star resort on property: The Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Every other deluxe resort is 4 star. Most moderates are even classified as 4 star. The problem is that people hear deluxe and think 5 star. It's just not the case. Deluxe means: better grounds/construction, room sizes, views, proximity to parks/entertainment, dining options, no outdoor hallways, theming and between a slight and major bump in accommodations (depending on resort).

I can walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios from the Boardwalk. Or I can dine on the Boardwalk while I watch Epcot's fireworks.

I can't walk anywhere from Coronado Springs (as beautiful as it is) nor do I have immediate access to parks/entertainment.

There is only one Disney owned 5 star resort on property: The Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Every other deluxe resort is 4 star. Most moderates are even classified as 4 star. The problem is that people hear deluxe and think 5 star. It's just not the case. Deluxe means: room sizes, proximity to parks/entertainment, dining options, no outdoor hallways, theming and a slight bump in accommodations.

No Disney Resorts are 5 star. All Deluxe are 4 star. All Moderates are 3 star. The only 5 star resort on property is the Four Seasons.

Wrong. GF is a 5 star resort.

View attachment 424174

That's a Google rating. Official ratings are given by AAA.

The 10 Walt Disney World Resort hotels receiving the AAA Four Diamond Award Rating for 2019 are:
  • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa (4 Diamond Rated since 1989)
  • Disney’s Yacht Club Resort (4 Diamond Rated since 1991)
  • Disney’s Beach Club Resort (4 Diamond Rated since 2003)
  • Disney’s Contemporary Resort (4 Diamond Rated since 2007)
  • Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort (4 Diamond Rated since 2007)
  • Disney’s Boardwalk Inn (4 Diamond Rated since 2009)
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House (4 Diamond Rated since 2011)
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village (4 Diamond Rated since 2011)
  • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge (4 Diamond Rated since 2013)
  • Copper Creek Villas and Cabins (4 Diamond Rated since 2018)
AAA Five Diamond Rated Resort
In addition, a AAA Five Diamond Award — the highest honor bestowed by AAA — was given once again to The Four Seasons Orlando at Walt Disney World. Even though this is not a Disney owned and operated resort, it is located on Disney property near Disney’s Magic Kingdom resort area and you do get certain privileges associated with Disney-owned hotels.

That's a Google rating. Official ratings are given by AAA.

The 10 Walt Disney World Resort hotels receiving the AAA Four Diamond Award Rating for 2019 are:
  • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa (4 Diamond Rated since 1989)
  • Disney’s Yacht Club Resort (4 Diamond Rated since 1991)
  • Disney’s Beach Club Resort (4 Diamond Rated since 2003)
  • Disney’s Contemporary Resort (4 Diamond Rated since 2007)
  • Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort (4 Diamond Rated since 2007)
  • Disney’s Boardwalk Inn (4 Diamond Rated since 2009)
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House (4 Diamond Rated since 2011)
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village (4 Diamond Rated since 2011)
  • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge (4 Diamond Rated since 2013)
  • Copper Creek Villas and Cabins (4 Diamond Rated since 2018)
AAA Five Diamond Rated Resort
In addition, a AAA Five Diamond Award — the highest honor bestowed by AAA — was given once again to The Four Seasons Orlando at Walt Disney World. Even though this is not a Disney owned and operated resort, it is located on Disney property near Disney’s Magic Kingdom resort area and you do get certain privileges associated with Disney-owned hotels.
So you're arguing that one institution is right and the other is wrong lol who named it the official rating? AAA? 🤣

In reality, when I use the world's most popular search engine to search for the Grand Floridian, it says 5-star hotel 🤷‍♂️

Regardless, you're further proving my point - deluxe does not mean 5-star and that's the biggest myth of Disney deluxe.

So you're arguing that one institution is right and the other is wrong lol who named it the official rating? AAA? 🤣

In reality, when I use the world's most popular search engine to search for the Grand Floridian, it says 5-star hotel 🤷‍♂️

Well, answer me this - Have you ever gone into a hotel and seen a small plaque from AAA stating how many diamonds it has? I bet you have. How many hotels have you been in that have plaques from Google? Or, have you ever heard of a hotel that was labeled as Google approved?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter