Is Disney cutting back on the bananas in Tonga Toast?

This is the third time this week I ordered Tonga Toast from Capt Cook’s, and the third time it was dry as a bone in the center. It seems like they cut back on the amount of bananas they’re using. Or am I just being too picky?

Top photo is from today. Bottom photo is from shortly after reopening last year.

View attachment 638266

View attachment 638267
Take it back and ask what’s up. Then you’ll know

It’s been 20 years since I’ve had the toast and dear god! What happened?! There was a lot of banana inside before. A nice thick layer. I’d be peeved. In fact, I was planning on ordering it our first morning there in March. Maybe not. 🥺😱

All I can say is they better fix this banana issue before my August trip, or my wife will be causing an incident lol!!

I'm sure this will be an unpopular opinion but, despite the fact that I like bananas a lot, I thought there was too much banana in my Tonga Toast when we stayed at the Poly last year. I ended up picking the bananas out and eating them separately. :duck:

Maybe I'll order it again on our next visit and hope they are still skimping on the bananas! :rotfl2:

Last edited:

I had the same experience at the Poly last week -- every Tonga Toast I got (more mornings than I should admit, tbh) had the barest La Criox-esque hint of banana. Still tasty, but below expectations from past experience. :(

This is the third time this week I ordered Tonga Toast from Capt Cook’s, and the third time it was dry as a bone in the center. It seems like they cut back on the amount of bananas they’re using. Or am I just being too picky?

Top photo is from today. Bottom photo is from shortly after reopening last year.

View attachment 638266

View attachment 638267
People need to send food back, or take it back If QS. Enough guests do it Disney will have to improve it pr drop it.

You ordered it on 3 different days. As far as Disney is concerned you must have liked it

We ordered it at Kona in December and it tasted good to us. DH orders an egg plate, I get the Tonga Toast, and we share each entree. Delicious, plus it had the Strawberry sauce.

I noticed this issues years ago. There was a sliver of banana inside....almost like a spread. Haven't been back since.

I wish I could order the tonga toast without banana.

I have always had good luck getting things customized at table service restaurants. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were able to make a banana-free version for you if you asked.

I make my own tonga toast at home and it tastes much better than what I got at Kona last June. The outside was crisp, but beyond that it was just normal bread that had no batter or anything soaked in it. Little banana too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter