Is Disney’s Very Merry Christmas Party worth it?

We went and were disappointed. The 'lower' crowds weren't all that lower. We stayed for a long time in the park and wait times for rides and characters were ridiculous... and this was in 2019.

We quit doing both MNSSHP and the Christmas parties several years before covid. In the beginning they were fantastic, but the last time I went to either, they were more crowded than a busy park day- it was insane. I'm hoping against hope they'll lower ticket sales now, but I realize that's probably just wishful thinking. We have the opportunity to catch MNSSHP in September, but I'm not buying until I see what reports are on the experience. I agree with others, the after hours events were amazing and I'd buy those every time at any park I could. I wish they'd bring them back, I don't believe they will.

I was talking about the After Hours (I guess they're called 'Extended Evening Hours') at Epcot and Magic Kingdom for Deluxe Resort guests. On Monday and Wednesdays they keep one of the parks open another 2 hours.

That's still going on NOW. Does that stop in October/November/December when they have the Halloween and Christmas parties?
Yeah, After Hours (which was epic last year) and EEH are two different things. After Hours as it was last year seems to be done. EEH will hopefully be ongoing thru Oct, Nov but has not been scheduled yet.
I’ve built our November trip around EEH happening, so fingers crossed!
Is EEH better than the Xmas party? That’s a good question. Xmas party has way more going on I expect. For deluxe guests, imho yes just based on the cost. Hard to beat free (if you are attending the park that day anyways)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter