Is Disney’s Very Merry Christmas Party worth it?

We paid 90 dollars a few years ago on this event, I’m not certain we would pay todays prices. To me it was worth it for that price, the new price tags, not so much, unless they are adding more to the experience.

My mom bought tickets for the 3 of us to go. We don’t know if/when we will ever have the chance to do it again so we figured we should take advantage. My niece didn’t want to come so she can stay home with her parents.

I’ve been asking myself the same question
We have never been to any of the parties or after hour events….. i’ve always just did weeklong plus vacations(so the price per day is so much cheaper ) so never saw the need of spending that much extra for a party….. however now that my youngest is over three we’re starting to get priced out of these vacations having a family of five……. Plus I’m not hearing a lot of great things about vacationing there right now because of crowds and genie plus……. I’m thinking this might be the next best thing to get us through the next maybe year or two before we can afford to go back……. I’m figuring it’s gonna be crowded but I’m thinking maybe lines and such will be a little easier to handle then during the day and I won’t have to worry about having genie plus correct?

everyone says the price is too high now for these parties but they don’t seem too much higher really than a one day ticket…… Plus I found through my husband‘s work I didn’t even realize he gets discounts on these parties also I think we save about $80 total for the five tickets going through his work

everyone says the price is too high now for these parties but they don’t seem too much higher really than a one day ticket…… Plus I found through my husband‘s work I didn’t even realize he gets discounts on these parties also I think we save about $80 total for the five tickets going through his work
Thank you for this information! I just checked out my workplace... and they have the Halloween tickets priced about 20% off.

(Original -> Discounted)
$109 -> $98
$119 -> $107
$139 -> $125
$159 -> $143
$179 -> $161

I can't order the Christmas party yet.... They'll probably have the Christmas party on sale after July 7.

Thank you for this information! I just checked out my workplace... and they have the Halloween tickets priced about 20% off.

I can't order the Christmas party yet.... They'll probably have the Christmas party on sale after July 7.
Yay! I love saving money ;)
yeah I didn’t even realize they did the parties on there I knew they did the daily tickets and I just happen to be going on there cause I was curious what they were going for right now
and I was like hey there’s a Halloween party tickets they must do Christmas too fingers crossed!
we are actually going down around Thanksgiving for a week and doing the Orlando Informer Universal meet up tickets which will be a first for us, We visited Universal for the first time ever last year with season passes a few times and really fell in love with Universal… since Disney has priced us out of our weeklong vacations there….. and then we’re also gonna buy the veteran Seaworld fun pass for each of us, I think if we can add the Mickey’s Christmas party it would be perfect rounded vacation :)

There's nothing they do that's worth the $150 and up.they charge. It used to be worth it when prices were lower and crowds were more limited but nothing from the party itself justifies the extra cost.
Rise in cost is a negative for me. The increase in crowds is a huge negative. Imho you get a day with low crowds, it may be worth it. Some of the later days with the new crowd levels maxed out, no way.

I am trying to decide if we should attend or not too. I went with older DD a few years ago but DS7 and DD5 havent been. I think they will like the parade and fireworks but man, I hated the crowds during the one I went to with DD.
We are also going to Legoland, Seaworld, and Universal so I think we will get enough Christmas between those but then again…. the kids are only young once and we wont be traveling during Nov/Dec for at least a few years…..
If we skipped it we would probably go to the Christmas display at Give Kids the World instead which is something I haven’t done and hope the kids would like.

I am trying to decide if we should attend or not too. I went with older DD a few years ago but DS7 and DD5 havent been. I think they will like the parade and fireworks but man, I hated the crowds during the one I went to with DD.
We are also going to Legoland, Seaworld, and Universal so I think we will get enough Christmas between those but then again…. the kids are only young once and we wont be traveling during Nov/Dec for at least a few years…..
If we skipped it we would probably go to the Christmas display at Give Kids the World instead which is something I haven’t done and hope the kids would like.

The give kids the world display blows Disney out of the water.

Question: why or how are the crowds lower during the event? Do they close the park for those who didn’t pay for the extra Xmas party?

We usually go in December, however that was then….We are hoping to go back next year, assuming WDW is back open as normal. That being said, we ALWAYS did MVMCP and loved it. We typically did the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party as well and it was a great way to watch the shows. As others have said, it is pricy but if money isn’t an issue I would definitely go for it. But it is what you make it. We ride rides sparingly during the party, but mainly watch the shows and special events and take it all in (We love all things Christmas). That being said, if MVMCP is like it used to be, then we will definitely be returning for it. Hope you have a great time!

In my opinion, the 'worth it' factor depends on how many days at Disney you're already doing and what the current pricing is for the party. If you're already paying for a full week-ish of regular days, then to me it doesn't make sense to add on a party that costs more than the Day1 ticket when you could just add an additional regular ticket day for relatively little money.

On the other hand if you're just doing a couple of days at disney, then adding the party isn't too much of an extra cost. This is how we justified doing the christmas party in 2018 (spent 2 days at WDW before a cruise). But when we went in 2017 for a full 7 days at WDW, we didn't do the party.

We purchased tickets for the party for us - and were going to take the day as a "slow start" day. While we are staying 7 nights, we only did a 5 day ticket, so this becomes the "6th day" for us.

Not worth it. The limited attendance After Hours events before COVID were much better.
Yes, but they don’t exist anymore and likely never will again.
Are there still After Hours events in December when the parties are going on every other night?
No, those events are done and will likely never happen like that again. So while they were great, not a very useful comparison.

No, those events are done and will likely never happen like that again. So while they were great, not a very useful comparison.
I was talking about the After Hours (I guess they're called 'Extended Evening Hours') at Epcot and Magic Kingdom for Deluxe Resort guests. On Monday and Wednesdays they keep one of the parks open another 2 hours.

That's still going on NOW. Does that stop in October/November/December when they have the Halloween and Christmas parties?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter