Is Concierge Worth It?

GrammieMame

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I have a reservation at Beach Club for Dec 2/3/4 and am thinking about changing it to concierge. I'll have my mom (87) with me, and I'm thinking it might be less stressful to be able to get mini-meals at the hotel during the day instead of fighting the restaurant wars. Does anyone have experience with the type of food that's provided? Any other perks that go along with it? Thanks for any help.

I would say it's definitely worth it, especially since you'll have your mom with you. It will make the whole trip a lot easier for her, and you can make sure any special needs you have will be met by the concierge staff.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :wizard: pirate: princess:

I'm kind of torn....is it worth it?? Depends on what you are expecting. I like concierge but I doubt I got my money worth in food..assistance etc. At a place like AKL it is more appealing b/c you can then obtain access to the Safari(s). Maybe if you have a party of 4 or more than it could be worth in in terms of food etc..but again I think it depends on what you are expecting. We switched to concierge late so we did not take advantage of the planning services. I did enjoy the lounge but we probably didn't spend as much time at the parks this time as we normally do b/c of the lounge. Don't get me wrong I LOVED conceirge but I doubt I would do it anywhere but AKL...it doesn't seem worth it to me else where...the perks at AKL is what makes it worth while.

We got bumped up to concierge one stay at the YC and have never stayed another way since. Is it worth it? Well, you will hear many opinions on both sides of that issue! Our kids are now 4 & 8 and it has been VERY worth it for us! We got reservations at CRT through them, among many other p.s's. The food and drink offerings throughout the day -especially in the morning - has been so much easier than getting the kids up and out for food.

I would think it would be worth it for you considering your Mom's age and ability to get around. The lounges are great places to sit and relax before you start your day, during your day and before the end of the day. We have stayed concierge at the YC, BWI, AKL & Polynesian so far and have had NO complaints about any of the cm's. All have been very helpful and accomodating.

Hope you have a great stay!

Jill

We just got back from staying 7 nights at YC Concierge with 2 teen children and one 4 yr old. It was definitely worth it! Our ds at almost all his meals from the lounge. If we had not purchased the meal vouchers ahead of time, the rest of us would have eaten more there too....it really is plenty for us and because we only spend a few hours at the parks at a time and go back & forth throughout the day, it's great for us.

For Breakfast it saves a lot of time just going to the lounge on the way out or for the older kids to be able to sleep later then go down and get something when they are ready. During the day 11:30-4:30 they always had mac & cheese (mickey ones) and pb & jelly sandwiches, chips, crackers, popcorn, cheese & crackers, plus sometimes a dessert. In the early evening (dinner hour) there was always a hot dish that came from Yachtman Steakhouse or the Beach Club Cape May restraunt. It ranged from salmon, barbecued steak, or a seafood pasta dish, they also had mac & cheese and pb & jelly sandwiches at this time, with crackers & cheese, assorted olives/mushrooms, veggies, fruits, and it varied every night. There were lots of choices of wines and you can ask for beer. Later 8-10, always the same cookies, a dessert (cake or cheese cake), drinks to make yourselves (whiskey, baileys, kalua & such).

Also, a note and not everyone know this, you can ask for milk, choc milk, hot choc, juice boxes, water bottles (large glass) anytime during they day and the conciege folks will get it for you from their kitchen (just a few steps down the hall from the lounge). Sodas (sprite, coke, diet coke, gingerale) are kept in the rightside cupboard below where they keep the old drinks all day long. We always got 2 water bottles every evening to last us til morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter