Is clothing required on your verandah?

I can't remember which ship it was on, but there was an outside staircase that cut diagonally across two floors of floor-to-ceiling cabin windows. Early one morning I was trotting down the staircase and noticed that a guy was standing in the window au naturale , enjoying the view. I assumed he thought the windows were heavily tinted and couldn't be seen through. Wrong... Being the devil I am, I stopped and grinned and waved to him. The look on his face! He grabbed the curtains and closed them quickly.

I'm pretty sure this is one of those "don't ask ... don't tell" things. If you are out naked or making whoopee on your balcony and someone sees you and reports it, I'm guessing you'll get a form letter in your stateroom as a reminder that balcony staterooms are semi-private as sort of a not-so-subtle hint that you've been caught. I'm also guessing that if some kid sees you, they may not say anything, unless they need that eye-wash station!! LOL.

Anyway ... it's a fun thread. To me, it's highly doubtful anyone is getting thrown off the ship for doing so, unless they have been caught, asked not to and still insist on it.
True, I'm sure it's a look the other way sort of thing unless it becomes a problem. I doubt it would ever happen on a Disney ship anyway. There are a couple other cruise lines (that shall remain nameless) that would be more commonplace on.

We had an Oceanview room on Deck 6 of the Fantasy. My kids would sit in the window seat to look out at the ocean/scenery, and give us a full report on what the people on the Verandahs below us were doing. Luckily, it was things such as blowing bubbles and reading books, but they had a full view of at least 3 Verandahs below us...

As I posted earlier in the thread, if my kid sees you naked I will consider that a risk to their well being and report you. No, I am not a prude but that is not what I go on vacation for.

Nudity is not damaging to anyone's well being - that may be a slight overreaction - don't you think? An accidental glimpse is not going to harm anyone. (Assuming its sunbathing or something - not wild crazy monkey sex)

Nudity is not damaging to anyone's well being - that may be a slight overreaction - don't you think? An accidental glimpse is not going to harm anyone. (Assuming its sunbathing or something - not wild crazy monkey sex)

Just off the phone with DCL. The representative said "nudity is absolutely not allowed on the ship" and that includes balconies. Think what you like but I find it ridiculous to advocate nudity on a line known for being family friendly.

I can't remember which ship it was on, but there was an outside staircase that cut diagonally across two floors of floor-to-ceiling cabin windows. Early one morning I was trotting down the staircase and noticed that a guy was standing in the window au naturale , enjoying the view. I assumed he thought the windows were heavily tinted and couldn't be seen through. Wrong... Being the devil I am, I stopped and grinned and waved to him. The look on his face! He grabbed the curtains and closed them quickly.

Hero! :worship:

Just off the phone with DCL. The representative said "nudity is absolutely not allowed on the ship" and that includes balconies. Think what you like but I find it ridiculous to advocate nudity on a line known for being family friendly.

No one is advocating walking around naked, or making love in front of anyone (well some of you are on the edge!). A glimpse of a naked body is not harmful. If I am showering in the gym or changing clothes in the spa and you are there with your child you expect me to hide behind a towel? Um no. I am not an exhibitionist and I dry off quickly and put my clothes back on. And yep, I may be on my balcony nude, or my husband may open the stateroom door while I am naked and you are walking by- big deal.
I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill. Chances are no one will be walking around nude.
You may see some breastfeeding. You may see butt cheeks at the pool. You may see speedos. You may see topless young girls (under the age of 6). Its vacation, go with the flow and do not be offended.

You may see some breastfeeding. You may see butt cheeks at the pool. You may see speedos. You may see topless young girls (under the age of 6).
And if you’re on a European cruise and go to the beach, you’ll probably see a couple topless ladies. Oh, and a lot of naked statues and paintings.

The US is pretty unique in its approach to the human body.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter