Is Citricos really that good?

TheDailyMoo

DIS Veteran
Was listening to one of the recent podcasts and Pete really talked up Citricos big time like it was his only go to. In all these years I've always scrolled passed it and never gave it a second thought when making ADRs but now I'm thinking I should try it on our upcoming trip. Is it really that good? I've had excellent dinners at Narcoossees would it be equivalent?

Was listening to one of the recent podcasts and Pete really talked up Citricos big time like it was his only go to. In all these years I've always scrolled passed it and never gave it a second thought when making ADRs but now I'm thinking I should try it on our upcoming trip. Is it really that good? I've had excellent dinners at Narcoossees would it be equivalent?
We were like you and we gave it a try, now, Citricos is a must-do for us on every trip we take... I enjoy the atmosphere and the waitstaff is very professional _ I feel like they are being trained for V&A's (maybe not :)) - but, I have never been disappointed in my experience or meals. The Grand Floridian in general has a lot to offer in terms of dining, beyond V&A's, Citricos and Narcoossees are very good options.

I am sure individuals have their preferences between the two - but I would consider both relatively on par with each other in most respects.

We tried it last August, twice actually, it was that good! Now we are dreaming about it when we go again! Great atmosphere, very friendly staff, delicious food!
Never ate at the other restaurant, but this has definitely been added to our regulars!

We've eaten at both and prefer Citricos which isn't saying there's anything wrong with Narcoosees. It's just that we've had consistently better experiences at Citricos and prefer the location in the GF main building. It seems cozier whereas Narcoosees seems more open-air with all those windows even though it's not actually.

The first time we dined at Citricos, we liked it so much we went back two nights later. GMTA, Bayoumomof3. 🙂 It makes our list nearly every trip.

So, yes, clearly biased and not at all apologetic. 😁

We love Citrico. A very nice restaurant with really good food and service. A few days ago we tried out the new Narcoossee's and came away from there really impressed. Leaving a difficult decision about where to eat at the GF!

We love Citricos and have always had very good food. It is a more formal restaurant than Narcoossee is. We find Narcoossee to be loud and chaotic compared to the quieter and more relaxed Citricos. And the prices are the same. But if you want to take children to a signature restaurant than I would choose Narcoossee.

Citricos was my must do for my last night at WDW, but i switched to Narcoosee‘s because I prefer that menu. However, I like the Citricos menu as well, so it will be a must do on my next trip....I’m sorry I couldn’t fit it in to this one.

We went for the first time in January and it was probably the best meal we ever had on property. It's a phenomenal restaurant, with a wonderful atmosphere, great staff and excellent food. Can't speak to Narcoosee's as we've never been, but I don't think you can go wrong with Citrico's.

Citricos was my must do for my last night at WDW, but i switched to Narcoosee‘s because I prefer that menu. However, I like the Citricos menu as well, so it will be a must do on my next trip....I’m sorry I couldn’t fit it in to this one.
Funny you mentioned the menus. I will for sure try Citricos this next trip however just looking at the menu I can tell I like Narcoossees menu better. I'm sure the food is just as good and again based on the rave reviews will try it out but I do so love Narcoossees and the whole vibe there. Also it's funny that the signature restaurants aren't always THAT much more money than eating in a lesser restaurant if you know how to take it easy on the ordering!

We always found it to be excellent. We were back in January after a three-year Covid break, and Citricos did not disappoint. We have an ADR for later this month. We’ll also try Narcoossee’s for the first time since they reopened, so we’ll have a chance to compare the two. Right now, Citricos is DW’s top choice for signature dining at WDW (excepting V&A, since that’s a once in 10-year kind of special occasion dining experience for us).

We have gone to Citricos a few times, most recently last November. We have ordered several things off of the menu and at this point it is a second favorite restaurant behind The Flying Fish.

We have gone to Citricos a few times, most recently last November. We have ordered several things off of the menu and at this point it is a second favorite restaurant behind The Flying Fish.
Funny you mention it - I put both Citricos and Flying Fish in the same category when we make our ADRs - simple elegance - above average food - excellent service.

Haven't been since pre-pandemic, but it sure was good.

Before the remodel, our experience was hit or miss. have read many great reviews and it's on our list for this fall.

We like Citricos (best shortrib I've ever ever ever had). Sometimes the menu doesn't thrill me so we skip it but we like it in general. Unfortunately, I can't compare it to Narcoossee's. I've never been there because it's too seafood heavy which I'm allergic to and I can't even stand the smell when I pass by so I could never eat there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter