Is chef Mickey's really that bad?

I really like breakfast at CM.
We waited years to try it because of bad reviews & finally decided to try it anyway.
It then held the place of my favorite breakfast until we tried garden grill ... But I still give it 2nd place of the restaurants I've tried for breakfast. ( it has my favorite characters there which is a big plus!)

I'm in WDW now.

Is it really that bad? Can chef Mickey's really mess up breakfast?

I LOVE the Tusker house but since I just did it 3 months ago I wanted something "new." I've also done the Crystal Palace which was also good. But I want new pictures/memories.
We love Tusker House, too, and while Chef Mickey's in my opinion doesn't come close to that, we really enjoyed it. I agree with the poster above - the food is standard but the atmosphere is really worth the trip. I hope you go and I hope you enjoy your breakfast!

Last time we went to Chef Mickeys we didn't care for it. We went for dinner the food wasn't that great at all the only thing we enjoyed about it was the atmosphere and the characters.

We like Chef Mickey's. There are other character meals I like better, but there's nothing bad about Chef Mickey's, and I think it's one of those restaurants you have to try at least once for the experience.

No. We've always enjoyed our breakfasts at Chef Mickey's.

Remember that every restaurant has good and bad reviews, & realize too that some places become "fashionable" to bash. I think the latter is the case with CM on these boards.

I totally agree, and think it's quite unfortunate. :sad2:

CM's is a great place! :earsboy:

:tinker:

I have to disagree... I don't think there is anything fashionable to have a negative opinion of CM. I have been there and I have tried the food and I have experienced waiting 20 minutes for a beverage refill, there is nothing fashionable for me to say I highly dislike the place... No, let me rephrase that, I hate the place. It is an opinion just as yours is an opinion. Neither opinion is wrong. I am truly glad you enjoyed your experience(s) and like the place. But to say those who bash and don't care for CM as being "fashionable" is like saying that you are a Disney minion for enjoying it. :confused3

It's our first ADR every trip.

Nope, it's not gourmet. It's theme park food. But we enjoy it immensely.

I disagree with everyone who says the food is sub-par. We went a few weeks ago and were very pleased with everything. The dessert table is sooooo good too and so much to choose from. Add on the characters and it's still a must-go every trip for me.

I'm in WDW now.

I LOVE the Tusker house but since I just did it 3 months ago I wanted something "new." I've also done the Crystal Palace which was also good. But I want new pictures/memories.

Chef Mickey's is GREAT! Prob. the most popular character meal. That does make it one of the more expensive ones, but still, we NEVER miss CM! The breakfast is AWESOME! Dinner they are famous for the parmesan mashed potatoes! :mickeyjum Go & enjoy! [in nearly 30 trips, never once missed it , & I've never seen it so much as messy, let alone dirty, so no, your good!] :goofy: I personally enjoyed it more than TH lunch, but I want to try TH breakfast & then to me, breakfast @ CP is another can't miss. So if that helps, of course it's all a matter of opinion & what food you enjoy. :donald:

I disagree with everyone who says the food is sub-par. We went a few weeks ago and were very pleased with everything. The dessert table is sooooo good too and so much to choose from. Add on the characters and it's still a must-go every trip for me.
Yeeeesssss!!!!!!!! The dessert bar!!!!!!! It's wonderful!

You know how when you attend a toddler's birthday party, or go to Chuck E. Cheese's... you half-heartedly pick at some edible-but-not-good food, spend most of your time trying not to step on small hands/feet & leave feeling a bit sticky?

It's like that.
Hahaha!!!! :rotfl: That comment is hilarious!!!

I don't agree w/ it but never-the-less hilarious!! I think it describes Chuck E Cheeses very well but not so much on CM! :rotfl2:

This will be our first time going to CM and we're so excited! Do you take the monorail there from MK or walk (I think I read somewhere that that is an option?)

We have always made CM our first meal of any trip that we have DS with us. We started that when he was 6 years old. He is now 21. When I asked him about the upcoming trip if he wanted CM for dinner on our arrival day or if he would like to try something "more grown up" this time, he laughed and said "Really Mom? What do you think?" So CM it is!

The food isn't 5 star, but I always manage to find enough good stuff to have a filling meal and the desserts are very good. Hugging Mickey and friends is an awesome way to start a trip.

Chef Mickey's is a great dinner option, and this is coming from a young 26 yr old

Our Ratings of Chef Mickey's: (*rev 3/21/2016*)
. . . food price value: D
. . . food quality: D
. . . food quantity per serving: A
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: C
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: C

NOTE1: As with most character meals, you are paying for the characters, and possibly
atmosphere, but not the food.

NOTE2Food is ample, but quality only average or even slightly below. Unfortunately, we
believe the food quality has gone down hill significantly. During this visit, characters
really breezed through, and did not spend a lot of time with the children. Even with our
opinion that CM has gone downhill, this meal took the bar
even below our dreams. We saw one person refer to it as "Chef Icky's".

Usually we start every trip with Chef Mickeys. In our opinion the food is good, service is good and the location can't be beat to begin the Sidney experience. To each his/her own.......

I'm in WDW now.

It's not bad at all, we loved it there.

My family loves chef Mickey's and we are three adults. Great food great characters. Wouldn't miss it.

We love chef mickeys ( Our second favorite restaurant) . It can be pretty loud at moments but the food is consistent and watching the monorail go by the restaurant while the characters come by is pretty cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter