• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is CBR water view worth the money?

I absolutely agree with this poster....

Part of the whole "Disney Experience" is understanding "why" I went there..."how" I sacrificed to pay for it...and "what" it means to me to be there......

I for one....need that "reflection" time...and need a beautiful view with which to reflect...

I for one....would go with a few extra $$ for a "reflective" view :bounce:

Disney...for some of us...is an "intensely personal experience"....aside from the theme parks.........

Go with the view....

mm6mm6, you sound just like my husband. That's what he does every morning when we're in Florida. If we do decide to change to a water view, would we be able to wait until we get there or should I call them now?

You can always call them now and ask what they think. The CM's on the phone will let you know the best thing to do. Maybe you can get a water view booked and then when you get there, check out the room, and if you don't like it, you can call from the room phone, state you are unhappy with the room and would like to downgrade. I bet once you're there though, you'll love it. What did we figure it cost? $12 per night more? Times 6 nights? $72 for the whole thing to get the water view? Guess a $2000 trip (more if you include airfare) and that $72 is almost nuthin'!
Is this the only vacation for the year? SPLURGE!

....I personally don't think it is worth the extra money, but then, again, I didn't care for CBR!! (IMHO, CSR was MUCH better!!)

Just back from CBR. I think the water veiws are completely worth it! Although there are not balconies, a lot of the other guests just sat outside there of rooms all day. Although we were there in december, we forgot that it was winter, not spring!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Thought I'd tack my own CBR view question right onto this thread:

I just booked a King room. It was more money than the standard, the same in fact as a water view room. Just curious in knowing, do all King rooms at CBR have a water view?

Thanks!
Gi

I also would like to know what kind of camera you used, was it digital or did you scan them. Very nice pics, I just used one of your CBR scenes as a screen saver.

Never mind, denman007, I saw in another response that you use a 35mm so you must of scanned them ? Interesting, I do the ads in my office which use photos which get reprinted in newspapers. I maintain that 35mm scanned are of higher quality when reproduced & emailed to newspapers than we a digital is used & submitted, others in my office (owners of digital cameras) disagree.

Well, this is my story. I just called CRO to change my ressie to a water view. I had a wonderful CM named Alex. He told me it would be an additional $25/night. I said that was a little higher than what I was expecting, and in his opinion was it worth it. He said no it's not worth it. He asked how much time would we be spending in our room (not much) and he thought that the $25 more each day could be better spent. I thanked him for his honesty. How refreshing to get such an honest answer. With my luck I'll probably be looking at bulldozers:eek:

denman, thanks to you, I have the most beautiful background on my computer.

DawnF316....may be looking at bulldozers, but they'll by WDW bulldozers!!!! Like you, I'm planning on changing my view to a standard one in, but in Jamaica. Well, I will unless someone on these boards says the standard view in Jamaica is the pits!!!!:) :)

Our standard view in Jamacia was wonderful. We had an inner court yard below us and we had the corner room with two large windows. It was very pretty. It was a long walk from the bus stop, as we had to wind in and around to get to our room. But it was better than having a close room that faced the parking lot. The walk from Jamacia to OPR stunk....Ren

Ya'll we are leaving next week and staying a CBR. We have never stayed there before. I was trying to get reservations at one of the AS but CS suggested the CBR because of the deals right now. I didn't request a certain area because I am not familiar with it. After reading all the wonderful information ya'll have posted here I wonder if I should call back and request a certain area. We have two daughters who are in wheelchairs so we are getting a handicapped accessible room but I assume those are available in every section. Do you think I should call back and ask for a certain area? Also if you have any other tips for us while we are staying there that would be great. We have cups from AS can we use those at CBR? Also are there coffee makers in the rooms? The main purposed for us purchasing the cups were to get hot water for our daughters medicines and things. Thanks in advance for any tips and ideas.

mommie2angels.
With 2 kids in wheelchairs, you will be much happier at CBR than you would have at AS. The rooms are a lot larger at CBR. There are nice wide sidewalks that go everywhere you will want to go.
Are you planning on using the bus service? If so, being near to one of the first bus stops might be a good request. Most of the buses are wheelchair accessible (with lifts or ramps and wheelchair tiedowns) and can carry 2 wheelchairs. If you are going to the park early in the day, the buses will be empty when you get on. If you are going later, they might be full with people who are getting off at later stops.
Otherwise, request an area close to the food court area (Old Port Royale).
Officially, you won't be able you use your mugs at CBR. The official word on refilleable mugs is that they are good for the resort where they were purchased for the length of stay when they were purchased. There is a notice on the pop dispensors that says "Unlimited refills for the length of stay in wheich the mugs were originally purchased."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter