• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is CBR water view worth the money?

married2grumpy

DIS Veteran
I just made our ressies for May 2003 at CBR and chose the water view over the standard view. I didn't ask the price difference but now I'm thinking if it is worth the extra money. Having never seen this resort before, I don't even know what the view is of! We didn't get the lagoon view when we stayed at the Polynesian and we did regret it. Is this view worth a little extra and what is the view like? Thanks!

We're going in Aug. I've never stayed here before, but based on what the water-views at POR were, I'm not too sure the extra money is well-spent. From what I understand, water-views can be lake or pool. We had a river water-view at POR. At least that's what they said we had. If we went outside the room and leaned around the trees we could see the river!! I booked a water-view myself at CBR in either Martinique or Trinidad North. I'm thinking of changing to a standard view in Jamaica. My dd loves the yellow bldgs. I'm sure there are others who would know exactly what the views are here.

Thanks denman007. Those were terrific shots. I really can't wait to get there.

Unlike the Deluxe resorts the Moderate resorts do not have balconies. They have exterior walkways so when you sit at your window you see the walkways and then foliage and then the view beyond, be it a pool, a parking lot, a garden or lake. Allot of people don;t like to pay extra for a water view under these circumstances but I do for a sort of different reason. When you pay for a water view you will not have the chance of receiveing a parkinglot view and at the prices Disney charges I don't want a parkinglot view. The other benifit is that when you leave the bus or car you wander farther into the theme that you are paying so much money for. As you slowly ( I assume at the end of the day it will be slowly) wander to your room you are taken away to that other world you have chosen.
If you keep your water view be sure to request a view of the lake. When you make requests for locations and such Disney usually grants them in the order you have requested them on your reservation or fax.

How much more does it cost for a water view at CBR? Does anyone know?

Prices for 2003 with out discounts for the different seasons are as follows....For a standard view Value $133
Regular $154
Peak $180
Holiday $194

For a Water view Value $148
Regular $169
Peak $205
Holiday $219

I know this resort doesn't always get good reviews, but my family loves this resort.

Yes it's big, yes some buildings can be a hike to the food court.

This resort has 6 quite pool at each of it's buildings besides the theme pool. I think each building has a courtyard. If you request 1 floor courtyard view you walk out into the patio area, there are tables with benches. We had a second floor water view, my DD's and GD were under us with a first floor courtyard. Each unit has it's own laundry area too. Plus there are playground areas on the beach of most buildings.

I do not think I would pay more for a water view, we also very rarely opened the curtains , when we did we were on our way out the door. We did however use the courtyard.

I don't think I would pay extra for a water view at a moderate resort either. As was said before, we are only in the room to sleep and bathe. DH will pay extra for his king size bed, however!

Hi! We stayed at Caribbean Beach in Jan. 2002 (Aruba). We got the water (lake) view and I thought it was well worth it. Caribbean Beach is a beautiful resort with a beautiful lake and even though we didn't stay in the room or look out the window a lot, it added some magic to have the lakeview right outside our door. :D Also when we had to walk to the bus stop we got to see the parking lot view and there was no comparison. The parking lot view was just blah. There were also a couple of bulldozers on the road. I think we paid about $20 extra per night for the water view: x 6 nights for about $120 total. I guess it depends on the person. But the way I look at it is, hey, this is my magical Disney vacation that only happens once a year so I want to make it the best! So if budget permits, I say definitely go for it!:sunny:

Jamaica and Aruba are nice!

We have stayed at CBR many times and I do not think it is worth the extra money to have a lake view.

I don't thing it is worth the extra money -- especially since the value and moderate resorts do not have private balconies to sit on and enjoy the view.

We stayed there several years ago and got a water view. Well, the only way we could see the water was by standing outside our door and craning our necks to look through some trees at a tiny patch of water. Definitely not worth it for us. Sounds like some like it and some don't, but you just can't be sure you will get a 'good' water view as opposed to one like we got. It is a beautiful resort though.

Stayed last May for honeymoon. After reading posts, I agree with the majority of not paying extra for water view. We paid an extra $10 a night to get a king bed (for reasons stated above), but not a water view.

I would suggest not paying the extra for the view, but fax a room assigner request stating that you would very much enjoy havine a room that does not face the parking lot. With that, they will probably get you a nice garden view or even a pool view room.

Good luck and have fun - we REALLY enjoyed our stay at the CBR!

denman007 - your pictures are wonderful!! Thank you for posting the link. Can I ask what kind of camera you used? We are in the market for a new digital. Thanks again!

Thank you all for your opinions. I think I will call and change to a standard view instead. We are staying for 10 nights so it does add up.

Denman007- I would also like to know what kind of camera you used. Your pictures are gorgeous!

Cinjam/married2grumpy,

Thanks, I'm glad you liked the pics.

I use your standard Canon Rebel 2000 SLR 35mm camera. What helps me to take better pictures was the lens. It allows you to really zoom in on the subject and blur out the background. The lens I used was a Canon 70-200 f4 L zoom series lens.

D

Hmmmmm. Interesting responses. We paid for the water view and loved it. See, every morning while my wife was getting ready (guys are always ready first right?), I would open the window shades and then step outside to have my morning beverage (milk for me but most would enjoy their coffee) and lean on the 2nd floor walkway's railing. I would just take in the humid Florida morning with the dew on the grass. I would note the dampness of the white sand beach and the glistening rising sun on the calm waters of the lake. A few people would be strolling on the brick sidewalks and would look up. I would raise my glass, nod and smile as we enjoyed the beginning of another glorious day at WDW. I couldn't imagine doing this overlooking a parking lot. Or even the pool. The water view is well worth the 1% total price increase of the entire trip to me.

denman007, your pictures are just plain awesome! I really enjoyed them, thanks for sharing! I have a virtually identical picture of my DD5 sleeping at the CBR with the pink blanket and the same headboard. But she had Minnie Mouse in bed with her!

I absolutely agree with this poster....

Part of the whole "Disney Experience" is understanding "why" I went there..."how" I sacrificed to pay for it...and "what" it means to me to be there......

I for one....need that "reflection" time...and need a beautiful view with which to reflect...

I for one....would go with a few extra $$ for a "reflective" view :bounce:

Disney...for some of us...is an "intensely personal experience"....aside from the theme parks.........

Go with the view....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter