Is BW too crazy for a family during F&W festival?

tara595

Earning My Ears
I'm booked for OKW in August for me, DH, DS (7) and DD (5). I may change our location. I love the BW but am worried it's going to be a little too crazy being that it's the food and wine festival. That big slide also worries me, because my kids will never want to get off of it. Any input? I can keep OKW, or change to SSR or WL (Copper Creek).
I'm completely over thinking this so any advice is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Not sure what you deem crazy. I would say it’s not any crazy regarding people then any other resort. It’s smaller so the pool area might feel more crowded which seems to be my opinion at any resort outside ssr and okw because they are so spread out with so many pool areas.

Is Epcot and there festival an important part of your trip? If so walking access is key. Also just being able to walk to HS and EP is a huge perk for me. Wits smaller kids do you plan to spend more time at MK? I personally love WL pool and water play area for little ones. I would personally pick copper creek but I like the access to MK it provides over the others.

Personally location would determine where I stay. And anytime I can get a resort within Epcot or MK we usually pick that over any other resort.

We were at BW last July and loved it. My DD loved the slide and asked for it every day. But, I had already planned after pool breaks every day so it worked out. I would grab it if you can.

No only Epcot at most is "crazy" but it's not like people are stumbling all over the boardwalk at the resort area.

I mean crazy as in very crowded in the area. I know to stay away from Epcot on the weekend but I'm worried that even the BW will be way too crowded.

I mean crazy as in very crowded in the area. I know to stay away from Epcot on the weekend but I'm worried that even the BW will be way too crowded.
As others have said, the Epcot craziness does not spill out onto the BW. Your family will be fine. However, SSR has multiple pools, and at least two of them have nice slides.

Boardwalk was all of our first resort at WDW. We went three years in a row when my kids were your kids ages. The clown slide was my daughters first water slide and yes, I couldn’t get her off of it. But to me that’s a great thing. I still watch videos of her spilling out of that clowns mouth. That pool is where she first learned to swim without floaties. As a parent, I can’t imagine thinking that I don’t want to stay at a hotel because my kids will want to stay in the pool. That is the very reason I would pick such hotel.

As far as crazy? As people said, every resort is pretty much fully booked year round. F&W has no impact on how crowded the Boardwalk gets. 10/10 would chooose BW over OKW in any situation.

I own at OKW and love it! But, with small kids, the ability to walk or boat to 2 parks vs. a bus is a huge bonus. OKW is an “acquired” taste. Huge rooms, beautiful scenery, relaxing vibes. But, transportation is not as easy, plus consider the summer heat - you must walk outside a bit more in the heat for 90% of everything at SSR and OKW unlike other resorts with interior halls, attached lobbies, restaurants and General stores. F&W would not be on my radar at all.

One thing my wife really likes about Boardwalk is the resort itself (rooms/lobby/pool/etc.) is actually up a flight of stairs on another level from the actual boardwalk. So unlike say monorail resorts which are full of people because many are non-guests, at Boardwalk all the non-guests are down on the Boardwalk, not wandering around your resort. Because of this I don't think the resort itself ever feels all that crazy, at least to us.

Thanks everyone! I booked the boardwalk for 7 nights in August! Very excited!

I think and hope you will be very happy with your choice. As others have said you can take the boat to two parks and as another route you can walk or boat to Epcot and then take the Skyliner to HS. I love to take the Skyliner, it's an attraction in itself.

I don't think you will have any issues with crowds on the boardwalk or in the hotel lobby. Sometimes in the evening the boardwalk gets a little crowded around the entertainment being done on the boardwalk but nothing that can't be managed and nothing like the crowds you may encounter in Epcot.

Sending you pixie dust for a very magical time. pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter