Is box wine allowed?

Ana Vega

Earning My Ears
We are taking our first Disney cruise at the end of the month. My favorite wine is from Bota Box. The box I purchase is equivalent to 4 bottles (750ml each). It would be much easier to take 1 box between my husband and I. Would this be allowed? I chatted with Disney and they just sent me the alcohol rules.

We are taking our first Disney cruise at the end of the month. My favorite wine is from Bota Box. The box I purchase is equivalent to 4 bottles (750ml each). It would be much easier to take 1 box between my husband and I. Would this be allowed? I chatted with Disney and they just sent me the alcohol rules.

No, the DCL alcohol policy specifically states that you are limited to two bottles of wine, not to exceed 750-ml each, for each guest 21 years or older per port. You are not allowed to do math tricks with the 750-ml limits for multiple guests to justify a box of wine. And yes, they will confiscate boxes of wine or any bottles containing more than 750-ml, and hold them until debarkation morning, when you can reclaim them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter