Is Bon Voyage Worth It?

Rachel GB

DIS Veteran
We were lucky enough to find a 10:30 am Bon Voyage ADR on our Epcot day in late November. I have a full day planned with rides in the morning and WS (holiday festival!!!!) planned in the afternoon, and an Akershus dinner. I estimate BV will take about an hour and forty five minutes, including walking time to and from Future World (has to be due to FPs).
My question is- IS BON VOYAGE WORTH IT? I will lose park time and the appetite to eat at the holiday snack carts around WS. But I also have princess- loving kids, who would probably enjoy a break! I have never been, so I am very appreciative of any input! Thank you in advance!!!

Hmmm, worth it, is tough because I don't know you. Did I absolutely love our breakfast here and it is now my most favorite character meal of all time and space? Yes! The interaction is top notch but because of this the characters are much slower than other meals. I would allow 2 to 2 1/2 hours for this meal, including travel time. Will you still have an amazing trip without it? Sure. So it just really depends on what you would rather do that day.

THANK YOU for all of the input! I really appreciate it! :flower1:
It sounds like Bon Voyage is mostly very well-liked! With it being our first trip, I'm not sure we can afford to lose 2- 2 1/2 hours of park time on our Epcot day to do BV... but then again, the experience sounds amazing. Lol! I am going to hang on to the ADR for now, as I just can't decide yet!

We have an Bon Voyage reservation and we are looking forward to it. Glad to hear others had a great experience. I am sure we will since my daughter loves both, Ariel and Rapunzel.

I'm still hoping to get an art here. my daughter play a Eric and ariel and rapunzel and Eugene with my husband daily.... I didn't know this existed at 180. this would have been the ultimate. but whatever shall be shall be.

We really enjoyed both the food and the characters. It was very nice to have a character meal with high quality food.

We all loved it. It will be a must do for us next time. Flynn Rider was really cool. There was so much food. We didn't get close to eating it all. We also had a terrific server (Mary) which was great. We still talk about Mary. Thought the price was right also compared to the other character meals we did.

It is the best character meal we have been to. That considers price, food and experience. I would rank the ones we have done like this: Bon Vovage, CRT, Chef Mickey, Tusker House and ...so far at the botttom is actually should be several posts down on this thread...Akershus.

We like it when we went. The character interaction was good, but we didn’t love the food. It wasn’t bad, but it didn’t feel close to worth the price. I’m glad we did it once, but we haven’t booked since and don’t plan to any time in the foreseeable future. I think if you’re doing Akershus that day it can definitely wait for a subsequent trip. We love Akershus!
Whatever you decide I’m sure you’ll love it!

We like it when we went. The character interaction was good, but we didn’t love the food. It wasn’t bad, but it didn’t feel close to worth the price. I’m glad we did it once, but we haven’t booked since and don’t plan to any time in the foreseeable future. I think if you’re doing Akershus that day it can definitely wait for a subsequent trip. We love Akershus!

Just curious...what was not worth the price about the food? Was it quality or quantity. We felt it was more food than we eat in a day. We also liked what we had - and we ordered different things and shared them. Not judging you or your opinion - I'm just curious...

Just curious...what was not worth the price about the food? Was it quality or quantity. We felt it was more food than we eat in a day. We also liked what we had - and we ordered different things and shared them. Not judging you or your opinion - I'm just curious...
The quantity was plenty, but the selection of food wasn’t great for us. We are big breakfast eaters but prefer the “All American” diner type of breakfast (eggs, toast, bacon, etc). The “fancier” selections they had there just didn’t work for us. We aren’t really pastry people either, so that plate of super adorable pastries went untouched for the most part, too.
I know people who are super glad to have something other than the “typical breakfast fare,” but the typical breakfast is our fav:)

Thanks MarBee - I totally get that.

Along those lines - if anyone eats there and is questioning red sauce at breakfast - ask for it on the side.

Edited again to add - somethings like that are what contributes to why I put the often maligned Chef Mickey ahead of the generally beloved Tusker House. First - we stay at The Contemporary. So Mickey wins on that. Second - I hate AK - so Tusker loses big time on that. Third - no Minnie at Tusker - which is just wrong. Plus - you have to wait outside at Tusker House. And finally - the people at the check-in stand at Tusker house have been the rudest we have encountered at any dining place. I partially blame that they are standing outside in that awful park, and I partially blame the hideous outfits they wear. However - they have been the worst every time we have been.

Last edited:

Along those lines - if anyone eats there and is questioning red sauce at breakfast - ask for it on the side.

Edited again to add - somethings like that are what contributes to why I put the often maligned Chef Mickey ahead of the generally beloved Tusker House. First - we stay at The Contemporary. So Mickey wins on that. Second - I hate AK - so Tusker loses big time on that. Third - no Minnie at Tusker - which is just wrong. Plus - you have to wait outside at Tusker House. And finally - the people at the check-in stand at Tusker house have been the rudest we have encountered at any dining place. I partially blame that they are standing outside in that awful park, and I partially blame the hideous outfits they wear. However - they have been the worst every time we have been.
I actually HATE Tusker House and love Chef Mickeys. Our one and only experience at TH included having to wait outside forever in the heat, so that our 10:00 breakfast reservation included a change to lunch. The food was not for me- like I’m literally gagging right now, 3 years later, thinking of the nasty thing I tried there. And we had a waiter who had at some point soiled his pants and did not change them. He smelled soooo bad of poop and BO, it was nauseating. It was probably the grossest experience I’ve ever had at a restaurant anywhere in my entire life.
No one else I know has ever had an inkling of a bad experience there, but it was the worst for us. Guess we just did not luck out that day...

@MarBee, thanks so much for the input! Glad to hear you love Akershus- I was a little nervous about it!

We have an Bon Voyage reservation and we are looking forward to it. Glad to hear others had a great experience. I am sure we will since my daughter loves both, Ariel and Rapunzel.

@Cristin , hope you enjoy it! It sounds like your daughter will love it! :)

I'm still hoping to get an art here. my daughter play a Eric and ariel and rapunzel and Eugene with my husband daily.... I didn't know this existed at 180. this would have been the ultimate. but whatever shall be shall be.

@HandsofReiki , good luck! :)

We really enjoyed both the food and the characters. It was very nice to have a character meal with high quality food.

@illinidp , thanks for the input! :) Glad you enjoyed it!

We all loved it. It will be a must do for us next time. Flynn Rider was really cool. There was so much food. We didn't get close to eating it all. We also had a terrific server (Mary) which was great. We still talk about Mary. Thought the price was right also compared to the other character meals we did.

@PrincessBelle39 , thank you for your reply! It sounds like you loved BV- definitely makes me want to do it! :)

It is the best character meal we have been to. That considers price, food and experience. I would rank the ones we have done like this: Bon Vovage, CRT, Chef Mickey, Tusker House and ...so far at the botttom is actually should be several posts down on this thread...Akershus.

@melanielll , WOW! That's a glowing recommendation for Bon Voyage! And not so much for Akershus, LOL! What did you not like about Akershus? Thanks in advance! :)

@melanielll , we are also going to Chef Mickey's, and I dropped Tusker House, as well! I guess that's a good thing based on your experience- yikes! Thank you for your honest feedback!!!

I actually HATE Tusker House and love Chef Mickeys. Our one and only experience at TH included having to wait outside forever in the heat, so that our 10:00 breakfast reservation included a change to lunch. The food was not for me- like I’m literally gagging right now, 3 years later, thinking of the nasty thing I tried there. And we had a waiter who had at some point soiled his pants and did not change them. He smelled soooo bad of poop and BO, it was nauseating. It was probably the grossest experience I’ve ever had at a restaurant anywhere in my entire life.
No one else I know has ever had an inkling of a bad experience there, but it was the worst for us. Guess we just did not luck out that day...

@MarBee , WOW! I'm SO glad we aren't doing Tusker House, lol! I was hesitant to drop it (we are doing 'Ohana dinner that day instead), but I am REALLY glad I dropped it now! Waiting outside, unpleasant waitstaff, and unpleasant food... And it sounds like @melanielll had a similarly poor experience! Thanks again for weighing in. I really appreciate it :)!

My complaints against Akershus included :

1. Only 3 princesses were there the morning we were there - Belle, Ariel and Snow White.
2. The angriest Belle ever was one of the 3. She spent the entire time we were with her complaining to her handler about her dress. We are all adults, but the next few groups had little kids in them. I told her to stop complaining and be a freaking princess for those kids.
3. The decor - authentic - but drab.
4. The food. Yeah, the potatoes were okay, but the second best item was Dunkin Munchkins.
5. Bad service - I get that being a waitress at a buffet is different that being a waitress at other types of service. But vanishing is never a good thing.

I get that all of these meals are pricey, but this is the only one that made us feel that we had been ripped off.

My complaints against Akershus included :

1. Only 3 princesses were there the morning we were there - Belle, Ariel and Snow White.
2. The angriest Belle ever was one of the 3. She spent the entire time we were with her complaining to her handler about her dress. We are all adults, but the next few groups had little kids in them. I told her to stop complaining and be a freaking princess for those kids.
3. The decor - authentic - but drab.
4. The food. Yeah, the potatoes were okay, but the second best item was Dunkin Munchkins.
5. Bad service - I get that being a waitress at a buffet is different that being a waitress at other types of service. But vanishing is never a good thing.

I get that all of these meals are pricey, but this is the only one that made us feel that we had been ripped off.

@melanielll , that is AWFUL!!! I hope Disney made it right! No wonder you don’t like Akershus...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter