Is BoardWalk Resort Easy for Scooters?

TiffFromTX

Mouseketeer
HI everyone! I have a Dec/Jan trip coming up for Boardwalk. Curious if it's scooter-easy? IE: Someone mentioned that the villas only have 1 elevator for it, and I know at Poly, the elevators are tiny and difficult to navigate. Just want to make sure getting up/into my room at Boardwalk will be easy. TY!

DH used a scooter for the first time a couple of weeks ago when we were at BWV. Yes the trek to the elevator can be long if your room isn't close, but the elevators are easy enough to drive straight into and back right out of. He had no issues.

The thing I hate about the Boardwalk is that the lobby is on the second floor and you have to go down a floor to get to ground level on the lagoon side of the resort. That means you will have to use an elevator when staying at this resort.

Yeah the elevators are pretty easy to navigate. Only downside, as mentioned earlier, is that the lobby is on the 2nd floor so you have to ride the elevator down to 1st floor to get out to the actual Boardwalk and outside. Also the room may be quite the ride from the elevator with lots of "turn here, then turn here, then turn here..."

HI everyone! I have a Dec/Jan trip coming up for Boardwalk. Curious if it's scooter-easy? IE: Someone mentioned that the villas only have 1 elevator for it, and I know at Poly, the elevators are tiny and difficult to navigate. Just want to make sure getting up/into my room at Boardwalk will be easy. TY!
FYI, BWV has one bank of 3 elevators.

I hope they are large elevators. Seems small for a large resort?
There's a separate bank of elevators on the Boardwalk Inn side.

But yes, it does seem like too few elevators on the BWV side considering how many rooms there are.

OH! I missed that for the villas. We will be coming with two scooters in late august. I hope the elevators are large enough for a couple of scooters.

OH! I missed that for the villas. We will be coming with two scooters in late august. I hope the elevators are large enough for a couple of scooters.

Just to add to what everyone else said:

In the BoardWalk building, the lobby is on the second floor. Buses are outside on the second floor level. But to get to the pools, the boats, and the boardwalk itself, you have to go down to the first floor.

On the BoardWalk Villas side, there is one bank of elevators. They go from the highest floor to the lowest (first) floor.

I have never stayed on the BoardWalk Inn side. Allears.net says this:
"One elevator is located just outside of the Bellevue Lounge, across from the staircase, and runs between the first floor Lobby level and the ground floor Boardwalk level. Two more elevators, located to the right when facing the bar, go from the Lobby level to the room floors."

So my understanding is that if you are staying on the BoardWalk Inn side, you take one elevator from your room to go down to the second floor. If you need to get down to the first floor, you need to get out of the elevator at the second floor and get into a different elevator to go down to the first floor.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I would also add that having the scooter made walking to HS super easy. Because the scooter moves at a pretty good pace, the rest of us were able to walk behind and made it to the gate in about 10 minutes. Skyliner lines were fairly long, so the walk was much quicker. By the time we left the park, I was ready to ride the Skyliner, but DH took the scooter on the path and he beat me every time even though I didn't have to wait in line to board. On the subject of the size of elevators, I don't think they are large enough for two scooters. One scooter and a few other people fit fine.

Just to add to what everyone else said:

In the BoardWalk building, the lobby is on the second floor. Buses are outside on the second floor level. But to get to the pools, the boats, and the boardwalk itself, you have to go down to the first floor.

On the BoardWalk Villas side, there is one bank of elevators. They go from the highest floor to the lowest (first) floor.

I have never stayed on the BoardWalk Inn side. Allears.net says this:
"One elevator is located just outside of the Bellevue Lounge, across from the staircase, and runs between the first floor Lobby level and the ground floor Boardwalk level. Two more elevators, located to the right when facing the bar, go from the Lobby level to the room floors."

So my understanding is that if you are staying on the BoardWalk Inn side, you take one elevator from your room to go down to the second floor. If you need to get down to the first floor, you need to get out of the elevator at the second floor and get into a different elevator to go down to the first floor.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
That's a good summary. It's pretty straightforward in practice, not hard.
(I've only stayed on the hotel/inn side.)

I would also add that having the scooter made walking to HS super easy. Because the scooter moves at a pretty good pace, the rest of us were able to walk behind and made it to the gate in about 10 minutes. Skyliner lines were fairly long, so the walk was much quicker. By the time we left the park, I was ready to ride the Skyliner, but DH took the scooter on the path and he beat me every time even though I didn't have to wait in line to board. On the subject of the size of elevators, I don't think they are large enough for two scooters. One scooter and a few other people fit fine.
And you have the nice option of choosing the friendship boats to Epcot and HS, if you want.

For check-in, you come in ground level then go up a level to the main lobby?
No. You come in the main BWI doors. You are already on the second floor where lobby check in is located.

(Unless you are arriving from walking around the boardwalk, and then yes, you'd take stairs or elevator up to lobby.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter