• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Bearpaw a good alternative to UGG's?

I have Bearpaws, DD has Uggs. The Uggs are clearly a better quality and will last a lot longer. That being said, she's in high school and wears them a lot more often than I do...so the Bearpaws suit me fine.

i own both.
1 pair of black bearpaws..
and 2 pairs of UGG's

the bearpaws are bigger around the calf and feel better.
the uggs not so much.
i bought them all on amazon.

they have good sales from time to time :)

Ok so this may be a dumb question, but I have never bought either of these brands! Heck I just bought boots for the first time in my adult life! (we have lived in southern GA for a LOOOONG time) Anyway, we just got stationed in Germany and it snows a lot and it is starting to get cold now. So I was wondering if you gals know which ones would be best for the cold and rain here. I would like to get a pair for myself and my daughter possibly! Again this whole boot thing is new, I always wear flipflops so this is a big change for me! Thanks for any help you can give me!

Ok so this may be a dumb question, but I have never bought either of these brands! Heck I just bought boots for the first time in my adult life! (we have lived in southern GA for a LOOOONG time) Anyway, we just got stationed in Germany and it snows a lot and it is starting to get cold now. So I was wondering if you gals know which ones would be best for the cold and rain here. I would like to get a pair for myself and my daughter possibly! Again this whole boot thing is new, I always wear flipflops so this is a big change for me! Thanks for any help you can give me!

I bought DD and myself bearpaws and I really like them but they did not hold up well for DD. Of course mine are black and I don't wear nearly as much as she did. Hers were beige and even with waterproofing and brushing they started pilling and became a dingy color.They are suede and should not be worn in the rain !!

I second 6pm.com but check them daily the prices seem to always change. I got some that were 60% off one day then 30% off the next but it does change daily so just keep checking. I love my uggs and practically live in them from fall to spring. Good luck!

I asked for Uggs for Christmas 2 years ago and DH bought me Bearpaws. They are great for me! I've never been one to wear boots to work and change into my shoes but now I do! I even put on my boots just to run out of the office for coffee!

Having never worn Uggs I don't know if there's much of a difference but the Bearpaws are much better than the cheapo knockoffs from Payless or similar stores.

I wish I could remember the name of the ones I bought last winter. They're made in Austalia and are very, very nice. I got a great deal on them too. I looked at them and felt they were nicer than Bearpaws but not as expensive at Uggs. Ohhhh, what are they....:headache:

(This is going to annoy me until I get home! :lmao:)

ETA: Wombats!

fleecefootwear.com has nice sale UGGS now, plus extra 10%, on last year's colors, in short, tall, bailey button & cardy styles. i've found UGGS to wear really well & keep my feet warm & comfy. i've also ordered multiple times from this site & they are great, but a bit slow to ship - but for free shipping, no complaints in that department, either!

hth :)

I second 6pm.com but check them daily the prices seem to always change. I got some that were 60% off one day then 30% off the next but it does change daily so just keep checking. I love my uggs and practically live in them from fall to spring. Good luck!

They do offer price adjustments ~ I originally paid $74.75 + shipping for them *7/7 on 7/22 I called and asked for a PA and got it ~ it has to be their price though not some other site/store, I'm not sure how long they give you for the PA........

I haven't taken the time to read all of the responses, so this may be a repeat.

I bought DD a pair of BearPaws at Famous Footwear last fall. It was a big splurge for me... they were the taller ones... regularly $89.99... I think I got them on sale for about $39.99.

She wore them faithfully, several days a week, for the next few weeks. She mentioned to me that they were getting very worn through on the bottom. I looked at the bottom and sure enough the entire bottom sole on one boot had worn pretty much entirely through (mostly around the heel and forward from there) and it was showing the hollow grid under the outersole. I was really annoyed and disgusted.

I took the boots back (fortunately I still had my reciept). They kind of tried to tell me "tough luck", but I persisted. When I mentioned that I expected more from a $90 pair of boots, they said "you only paid $40." But I reminded them that THEIR regular Famous Footwear "oh don't we have super values" price was $89.99, so I was lead to believe that was the VALUE of the boot. Anyhow, they agreed to give me another pair of boots. I didn't push for cash back... I wasn't trying to get something for nothing.... I really just thought a $90 pair of boots should last more than 30 days!! (I brought them back at the 29 day mark.)

When we got the new boots, I took them IMMEDIATELY to a cobbler and had an additional sole put on the boots... plus he tacked on some extra heel taps. It was more $$ than I thought it would be (almost $30), but she wore those boots for the remainder of the winter and into spring and the only problem we had was that eventually the second sole came unglued and fell off (just on one boot). But we glued it back on with some shoe-goo and superglue. The second sole NEVER wore through.

Just thought you might want to know this.........P

I have a pair of Emu's I bought last year that after lots of wear are still in really good condition. I liked them so well I bought another pair for this year in another color!

I have a pair of Emu's I bought last year that after lots of wear are still in really good condition. I liked them so well I bought another pair for this year in another color!

I've done some research and it seems that Emu's are similar in quality to Uggs but have better arch support.

I got a pair of Bearpaws last winter and they are not even close to Uggs. I think I paid around $30 for a mini pair and got what I paid for them.

ETA: Emu's have two different kinds of linings. You want to look for sheepskin, not merino wool.

I got a pair of Emus last year on sale at Amazon and I LOVE them. I totally want another pair now in a different color!

Last year I got them for about $40 when Macys was selling the same thing in their stores for $120!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter