Is Avengers Really a Disney Film?

SA53

DIS Veteran
I just received an email from Disney Pictures about the Avengers. My family all wants to see it, but we are cruising in July and there are shops on the boat with my name on them, so if I can watch it for free on the boat I will wait until then!!!

Anyone know? :confused3

K in SA

Yeah, it is.
Disney bought Marvel some time ago.
Here is a link about the Disney Avengers movie breaking records:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-04-26/disney-s-avengers-sets-records-in-four-overseas-markets.html

I didn't think about hoping to see it on a cruise. I'm cruising in June and hope they show it:3dglasses

There are a few threads about this already......it has been confirmed in one of the threads that yes, Avengers will be shown onboard the ships.

DCL tends to keep most movies shown onboard for a long time. I would bet that Avengers will shown onboard well into the holiday season.

MJ

I leave on the Dream on May 13 :banana: I called for the movie list and they said the Avengers will be playing for my cruise. There is a phone number in FAQ sticky (I think) that you can call two weeks before you cruise and get your movie list.

Paramount Pictures has a 5 movie deal to produce and distribute movies with certain Marvel characters. The Avengers is part of the agreement. Disney purchased the distribution rights back from Paramount for The Avengers.

Thank you all for your help!!! 4 of us going to the movies can run $100, saving that means mommy gets to do more shopping on board!!! :yay::yay:

K in SA

Hoping for "Chimpanzee" AND "Avengers" in June --:thumbsup2 -- and I like using that creative thinking method to redefine the $$ saved as "Cruise Fund":woohoo:!

Saw the 3D version of Pirates of the Caribbean last year and am looking forward to seeing Avengers in June.
This is great!

Also Brave with Reese Weatherspoon comes out June 22nd too. Plan to see that on board as well.

Thank you all for your help!!! 4 of us going to the movies can run $100, saving that means mommy gets to do more shopping on board!!! :yay::yay:

K in SA

:rotfl2::rotfl: I love a woman with her priorities on straight! You go mommy!!!

Having an insomniac moment here and was logging on to post this exact question. We are on the 5/12 Fantasy sailing and I am looking forward to it. The theater on the Dream was better than most. I think I saw Tron 5 times. I did already buy tickets for Saturday morning because I can't wait. I have friends who have seen it already in other countries and they all say it actually lives up to the massive hype. My family may be looking for me during the week....lol. popcorn::

Does anyone know how long movies are on board. We are sailing 3 weeks after Brave comes out so I figure that will be playing, but we are 3 months after Avengers comes out...

K in SA

Does anyone know how long movies are on board. We are sailing 3 weeks after Brave comes out so I figure that will be playing, but we are 3 months after Avengers comes out...

K in SA

The movies stay around for a while...they are still showing The Help and Cars 2

K in SA

See post #3.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter