• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is AS2 more like a “whip” ride or more like teacups?

shan981

Mouseketeer
I can’t really do spinning rides, but certain rides are okay. I can handle the whip at our local amusement park and don’t even feel dizzy, but could never do something like teacups or even the carousel without feeling woozy. So the word “swirling” in the name immediately turned me against AS2, but after seeing videos, I’m wondering if I can do it since it’s not really a constant circular motion. Anyone who has been on it, can you share what it feels like?

Looking at the videos it looks like a whip ride. It doesn’t look like you can control the ride viechle so you can’t make it spin. I would rate it as a kids whip ride as well. Not your standard full out whip ride that you see at other Theme parks like Six Flags ect...

the carousel without feeling woozy
It’s similar to the carousel in that the ride vehicles are on a platform/turntable and as the platform rotates, the ride vehicles “whip” onto the adjacent platform. It’s that exchange that causes the backend of the vehicle to whip.

There isn’t any spinning involved at all so it’s definitely unlike teacups.

It’s fun and you can hold onto the seat to keep from moving/sliding during the whip action.

yeah, nothing like the teacups. some minor whipping action but, all in all, it's pretty tame.

Not at all like teacups and honestly I didn’t really feel any whip either. It was very very mild.

It's a very mild whipping ride that's aimed at young kids. Nothing intense.

Looks like the Mater ride at DLR which is more of a whipping action and so much fun!

The only reason I'd say like tea cups is the switching to different circular track. But there is no spinning. The whipping is much shorter, less intense than The Whip at Hershey Park.

There's not much thrill factor. Didn't get my stomach at all, and I'm a ride wimp.

There is a seatbelt like on Dumbo or Flying carpets. No lap bar.

I think it’ll depend on your own personal tolerance level. I don’t really like things like tea cups - I tolerate it but really just focus on something stable to keep from feeling dizzy.

AS2 is certainly different than tea cups, but in my opinion it does whip you around with a decent amount of movement when it switches tracks - although the sensation is short-lived and just a handful of times during the ride.

DD3 said she had "butterflies in her belly" when she got off the ride. :-)

Personally I don't like the sensation - not really a fan, but no material issues from a motion sickness perspective for me.

I’m so glad someone asked this question. We are heading to Disney and I’ve really been hesitant about this ride. I can not do spinning rides at all. :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter