• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is ART still running? Dropoff location?

Mom of three

DIS Veteran
We normally use ART during our stay but the information Ive found regarding their routes/schedules is limited. Apparently you are supposed to download an app and request a ride?? Anyone have any recent experience and care to share?

Also, did the drop off location on Harbor move?

TIA

When we went towards the end of May, ART was free and we used it extensively. The only hiccup for us was our first day we didn't see how to use the app. you have to click the menu on the top left to select ART before the app will work for you.

We had two types of experiences: walking up to shuttles at Disneyland and getting impromptu rides back to our hotel; making reservations from either out hotel to the park or from the park back to our hotel. In both cases our rides were prompt and we loved the service. I will happily pay for it once we are back.

Hope this helps.

When we went towards the end of May, ART was free and we used it extensively. The only hiccup for us was our first day we didn't see how to use the app. you have to click the menu on the top left to select ART before the app will work for you.

We had two types of experiences: walking up to shuttles at Disneyland and getting impromptu rides back to our hotel; making reservations from either out hotel to the park or from the park back to our hotel. In both cases our rides were prompt and we loved the service. I will happily pay for it once we are back.

Hope this helps.

Thank you. Did it still drop you off/pick you up in the designated shuttle area or was it elsewhere? I've seen people lining up in that area to get into the parks now so Im curious if that's changed.

They still used the designated shuttle area. Only half of that area was used for lines the days we were there and that was only for park opening hours. that line was essentially gone by the time the park officially opened.

On return trips, shuttles used both haves of the pick up and drop off area.

I am just looking into it myself. Just found out our hotel (which usually has it's own bus doesn't anymore and ART is what they are recommending. In the past it's been dreadful and that was on the Conference Line. I can't even find the ART ap in the iphone store.

The ART “app” is called TripShot.

I live and navigate in NYC daily, and even then I’m absolutely befuddled by the app.

It’s impossible to navigate UNLESS you know exactly what bus stall at Disneyland your line will end at. How the goodness would I possibly know that!?

No thank you, I’ll walk.

Okay I think I kinda figured out the TripShot app... you click on 'routes' and that will at least tell you the times for the line your hotel is on. For example, "Grand Plaza Line" which is the hotels like Clarion, Mariott, etc. by the Convention Center says:

Arrives every 20 mins from 730AM-10:30AM

Arrives every 20 mins from 6:30PM to 9:35PM

So you can at least see the rough schedule. Mostly beginning and end of day I guess? If you take midday breaks and your hotel isn't that close, what a pain. I think we'll stick with our Tropicana choice across the street.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter