Is Ariel always one of the princesses on the ships during the princess gathering for pictures?

halfmonkey

DIS Veteran
My daughter LOVES Ariel. I was trying to get a King Triton costume together for last Halloween but I couldn't pull it all together in time so I'm going to surprise her on our upcoming Fantasy cruise. It's 7 nights to the Eastern Caribbean. My wife has an Ursula shirt and I think she might look for some purple leggings. I have a King Triton t-shirt that mimics King Triton without his shirt on with a long white beard, the crown, the cuffs, and the trident. I was planning on just wearing flip flops and some blue linen shorts to create the merman tail since I'm not going to wear a skirt. I'd love to surprise her in the outfit and take some Ariel pictures but was wondering if Ariel is a hit and miss on the cruise ships or if she's always there since the cruises are on the seas?

We got off the Wonder this morning and she was one of the 4 princesses.

I know you mentioned you are on the Fantasy so for others following, was just on the Dream last week and the four we had: Cinderella, Snow White, Rapunzel, and Belle.

Heather

We always see Belle for some reason. Tiana has been a new addition. Here's a question, does anyone know if it's the same 4 princesses usually on each ship? I ask bc we're doing a B2B and was wondering if it would be worthwhile to book tix for each leg. My daughter's autograph book was ruined last year during a downpour at Fantasmic! so she's starting from scratch. :sad:

My daughters dream team would be Cinderella, Belle, Rapunzel and Ariel. Most things I've read catch at least 2. Crossing my fingers we luck out!

Do they announce ahead of time who the princesses on board are when the booking window opens? Just trying to figure out who we should prioritize visiting (using fast passes) as we'll be spending a few days at Disney World after our cruise.

We always see Belle for some reason. Tiana has been a new addition. Here's a question, does anyone know if it's the same 4 princesses usually on each ship? I ask bc we're doing a B2B and was wondering if it would be worthwhile to book tix for each leg. My daughter's autograph book was ruined last year during a downpour at Fantasmic! so she's starting from scratch. :sad:

Unless you manage to get a cast crossover cruise (which happens twice a year on each ship), then they will be the same princesses at each.
However, unforeseen circumstances may happen and one (or more) might not be at one of the meets...

We just got off the wonder and were also in the Wonder 5 weeks ago. The princess Line up was the same. Rapunzel and cinderella were actually the exact same as they both remembered our DD. (Not sure about the other 2).

We were on the Fantasy 2 months ago and had Tiana, Cinderella, Ariel, and Belle. We've been on all the ships except for the Dream and have never seen Snow White or Sleeping Beauty. I was surprised that Daisy Duck didn't show up much during our Alaska cruise several years ago. We didn't see Daisy until day 5 and then she only showed up twice.

As long as an entertainment team is on board it will almost always be the same. When the entertainment team changes, they *might* change depending on the team and who meets the qualifications to be friends with which character.

Dream I know just got a new team in the past couple of weeks, so that line up is probably set for a few months.

We did the Eastern in January - Cinderella, Belle, Tiana and Ariel were the 4 princesses at the ticketed meet and greet gathering in the atrium.

We have seen both Sleeping Beauty and Snow White on the Magic, and saw Mulan on the Wonder in March 2016.

Do they announce ahead of time who the princesses on board are when the booking window opens? Just trying to figure out who we should prioritize visiting (using fast passes) as we'll be spending a few days at Disney World after our cruise.
I just did my online check in and booked excursions this morning, and no, it did not say which princesses would be at the gathering when I booked my ticket.

Oh, well this sucks. I assumed that Ariel would be one of the permanent princesses since her environment is the sea. That will totally mess up my plans if she's not there.

Your best bet in knowing which will be on your cruise is to read the Navigators for the cruises on YOUR ship leading up to your trip. For example, I am sailing on the Magic next month, so I am only concerned with the Magic as each ship can be different. I can see (via the Navigators posted on disneycruiselineblog.com) that as of Feb, on the Magic, the princesses appearing from day-to-day, so I'd assume those will be the ones at the meet & greet, are Tiana, Rapunzel, Cinderella, & Belle. You'll never know for sure though as the cast could change on your embarkation day.

Hoping Belle will still be there next month!

Last edited:
We were on a cast change cruise and they still only had 3 or 4 princesses. Tiana, Rapunzel, Cinderella and maybe Ariel? We were really hoping for Belle, but no bones. We also had the world premiere of Frozen on DCL...so that was awesome!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter