Is anyone there right now? If so, how are y’all surviving the heat? We arrive Sunday and I’m worried.

Dang that’s a lot of lost value on the price of a ticket. I could see doing that if you were a frequent visitor and would be back soon but not if I was paying the full price of a short term ticket.

Maybe, but Disneyland is also open until midnight. You can just start your day at 4pm and still get 8 hours in. And it's much more pleasant.

We were there September 2016 as well. The humidity on our days was horrible and it was about 100ish. I'm wondering if we were there the same time. We were there last October and it wasn't humid but it was upper 90s and I was miserable. I swore I'll never go back in September and will only go the last week of October going forward. Hopefully I remember that when I start second guessing myself in the next few years.
We went last September and the temps weren’t bad but the humidity was awful! We’ve gone quite a few times in September and the weather is hit or miss. It’s either perfect or awful! One year we had to buy hoodies because it got so cold at night!

The Disney Food Blog daily email this morning said the MK crowd was sparse, you could swing something or someone around and NOT hit 18 people like you would normally :-) was how they phrased it. Sep 1 - Sep 19 is one of the slower periods of the year at WDW so you may be pleasantly surprised in the parks!
FYI: this is the Disneyland board.

We were there yesterday (Thursday), and had a pretty good day - even without mister fans, cooling towels, or UV umbrellas. Granted, we live in San Diego county and travel and hike enough to know heat. We also don’t have kids, and we psychologically prepared ourselves.

With G+ and park hopper, arriving at the turnstile @751a and leaving @720p, we did 20 rides, Tale of the Lion King, a sit down meal at Cafe Orleans, as well as sit downs for breakfast (Jolly Holliday) and ice cream (Ghirardelli).

We brought four frozen water bottles (2 each) and applied sunscreen religiously starting at 930a for every 2 hours. We did Splash, Lion King, Cafe Orleans, and Rise of the Resistance during the hottest part of the day. We wore the lightest weight clothes we owned.

Peter Pan at 820a only took 20 minutes to get to the loading point.

So… it’s not all bad news! Just hydrate, find shade, and be willing to roll with it. Think through what you can do between 10-4 in order to be in the shade or indoors.

I’ve been here all day today. It is hot but doable. Drink lots of water and walk in shade/AC whenever possible. Crowds are actually not bad. The heat may have scared people off. Maybe tonight will be busy with fireworks.

It has been cooler today and yesterday compared to Wednesday when it went over 100. It's that threshold that really makes it miserable. Tomorrow is forecast to be the hottest day AND we now have the added possibility of afternoon thunderstorms.

At least the crowds are manageable. Makes it easier to handle the heat.

It has been cooler today and yesterday compared to Wednesday when it went over 100. It's that threshold that really makes it miserable. Tomorrow is forecast to be the hottest day AND we now have the added possibility of afternoon thunderstorms.

At least the crowds are manageable. Makes it easier to handle the heat.
Yeah the hottest I saw today was 96 when I looked at my watch. The other day when I was checking Anaheim was 101. I’ll take 5 degrees less lol

We were there today. The good news is that crowds were light. We rope dropped without early entry and rode tons of rides. Our longest wait was 25 min. We did not purchase Genie+ or any ILL.

We rode/experienced BTMRR (twice), Space Mtn, Rise of the Resistance, Smugglers Run, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Great Moments with Mr Lincoln, Horseless Carriage, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Tea Cups, Buzz, Star Tours, It’s a Small World and 1.5 Grand Circle Tours. In approx that order, and we finished riding everything by 5pm to change for a 5:20pm Club 33 reservation.

We brought a super well insulated vacuum bottle that was mostly ice, some water, and topped it off throughout the day. We also brought a washcloth each and eventually used some of our ice water to mop our brows.

Otherwise, no special heat busting devices. Just took it easy, sat and relaxed in A/C intermittently, drank plenty of water. We had a great day. The heat really did keep crowds down. You can do it!

I’ve been here all day today. It is hot but doable. Drink lots of water and walk in shade/AC whenever possible. Crowds are actually not bad. The heat may have scared people off. Maybe tonight will be busy with fireworks.

It looked like it was packed for fireworks online. Everyone seemed to be at HMH and Main Street. 😂

Yes it got busier with fireworks! But nothing out of the ordinary with typical fireworks crowds. Fireworks were great!
Yes, fireworks were amazing last night!

Plenty of options to tour DLR in the heat, with all of the suggestions in here. I’m always a broken record about insuring you’re well hydrated BEFORE you get to the Parks. That always helps in the long run.

Have fun! 🏰 🍭

Last edited:
During our September 2016 trip it was 107 and humid. Not my favorite trip but we made it work!

I remember our Sept 2016 trip too. It was the first time we ever left early!
We are local enough that it’s not a big deal but leaving mid afternoon never happens.

We stayed cool in areas mentioned above. We had a one year old at the time. Ice cream / cold drinks does wonders in bringing your temperature down

Severe thunderstorm incoming! We are in it right now and it's headed in Anaheim's direction next. Stay safe everyone. Hopefully it will just miss the parks.

What a trip! Who would expect a thunderstorm during a heat wave in So Cal in Sept.

Bipolar weather, I swear. Messed up our water park day plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter