Is anyone near Orlando right now?

chris1gill

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Hey everyone!

We are supposed to be leaving Friday for four night at the World... well I just checked out the Orlando Sentinel website & it says RAIN everyday!!!

Does anyone know if the weekend is supposed to be a total washout?

I went to the Weather Channel website & it says chance of showers/thunderstorms ranging between 30 & 50% probability... That would lead me to think it's just calling for storms perhaps in the afternoon??

Anyone local or know the local web addresses of the TV stations???

Thanks!

Central Florida has, unfortunately, entered back into a drought condition. This is supposed to be our "rainy" season - and August levels were down substantially from normal.

We're about 1 hour West of WDW - and our forecast has been showing 40% chances daily - but we're getting hardly a drop. If anything - the showers are VERY scattered and quick moving.

We're going over this weekend, also, and I really not worried about it.

We are coming down early Saturday morning for the weekend also. DH's birthday present.

I hope there won't be too much rain! Though, maybe it would cool things off a little. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

Kelly

We're at the world now, finishing up our 10 day stay. The weather has been clouding up in the early afternoon and we had 2 days with a quick shower in the early evening.

We found a good long ride to go into while the rain passed. Sure enough it was gone by the time we got done with the ride. One good thing is that the parks tend to get cleared out due to the rain!

We did have one day where it POURED (Last week) for about 2 hours with thunder and lightning. Wow! Disney sure knows how to put on a good show!!!

Hope you have a great vacation!!

Chris...

We just came back from a week on Sunday. The forecast was the same for us...I think Orlando has a chance of thunderstorms every day all of July & August!! In all honesty, unless it rained at night, we only had one bad thunderstorm (lasted less than 45 mins.) last Monday and then last Saturday we had light showers in the late afternoon that lasted a few hours (I think - we were indoors most of the afternoon/night - lol!). Nothing that put a damper on our trip! I was holding my breath with the forecast too!! Have a great trip! Are you flying Southwest out of Manchester - I love them and Manchester...sure beats Boston (20 mins. vs. 1hr+) not to mention traffic, parking, etc!

Thanks Everyone, hopefully true to Orlando weather, it will only rain in the afternoon!

nhmomx2, We are unfortunately flying Delta out of Boston this time around... Since we wanted to leave Friday night with a direct flight, we couldn't go Southwest this time... Believe me, we'll miss them! Can you imagine making it down to Logan on a Friday afternoon?? UGH...... What fun that's going to be!!!

I'll let you all know how it goes when we get back :pinkbounc

I just got off the phone with my Mom and she lives in Orlando. She said that it is hot and humid! They are forcasting scattered showers with temps in the 90's. Hot and humid!!

We will be at BVW this weekend and we are hoping for decent weather! Like DH always says, expect a few showers on any given day in Central Florida!

Have a great time!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter