• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is anyone getting wet on the new Frozen dark ride?

Doofenschmirz Evil

Earning My Ears
I seem to remember that you could get wet on the Maelstrom, but I haven't heard anything about the splash factor on the new ride.

It looks like it is the same boats and track (including the backwards switch) so I'm guessing there is no change in the splash factor.

Thanks, glad to know it is similar.

I'm mainly just trying to get my wife excited. We rode Pirates last October and got unexpectedly drenched (after having ridden it probably a dozen times without anything.) Now people say Pirates is fixed (probably because they are not over-filling the boats with people), but my wife says she is done with the ride after last year's experience.

So while I am very excited about the early positive reviews for this Frozen ride, if my wife thinks there is any chance she's getting wet, I'm probably doomed.

I honestly don't even remember Maelstrom before. I felt like we rode it and then got a little wet, and then sat and watched that Norway movie and froze in the air conditioning, and decided never to do it again. But maybe we didn't get wet. Maybe it was just the air conditioning that got us. I did a search on the forum and people said there was basically no chance of getting wet on the Maelstrom, so I'm hoping my memory was wrong.

I don't remember ever getting a few drops on Maelstrom. And Pirates is doing a lot better. I've never seen more than a few wet legs, way shy of people getting soaked. But it seems that no one now is saying their getting soaked on pirates now

If anything, on Maelstrom, it was just a few drops from the spray up. Since the ride is in water, I would expect a few drops here and there just from movement of the boat. If anything find one of the online videos to see if it looks like the drop causes any wetness on the camera.

I don't recall ever getting being hit with even a drop of water of Maelstrom. I was one of the unlucky people who came out of POTC last fall looking like I had been in the shower. It was quite a surprise. I don't even know how many times I have ridden POTC over the years and that had NEVER happened before. I wouldn't hesitate to get on the Frozen ride...well if you don't count the 4 hours line.

i got soaked on maelstrom not once but twice!
both times i was sitting in the front row on the right hand side with two other people next to me.
CM's were absolutely shocked that i was dripping water as i exited the ride vehicle.
just thought i'd chime in with that.

Someone on the frozen ride thread posted a picture of the sign and it says you may get wet! I don't remember ever getting wet on maelstrom. We rode pirates a couple weeks ago and we didn't get wet.

I know when we sat on the first row of the boat on Pirates, our legs & feet got soaked (this was 2 summers ago)

Pirates isn't fixed. :( My DD got so wet on our April trip, she was able to literally pour water out of her shoes when we got off the attraction. We even had to stop at the ladies' room so I could dry out her shorts in the Dyson hand dryer! (seat was wet when we got in) Yeah, she says she's done with Pirates for awhile, too!!!!

Pirates isn't fixed. :( My DD got so wet on our April trip, she was able to literally pour water out of her shoes when we got off the attraction. We even had to stop at the ladies' room so I could dry out her shorts in the Dyson hand dryer! (seat was wet when we got in) Yeah, she says she's done with Pirates for awhile, too!!!!

Do you remember what row you were in?

Se were in the front row. Just got a little mist. But getting wet? NOPE

I was one of the unlucky people who came out of POTC last fall looking like I had been in the shower. It was quite a surprise. I don't even know how many times I have ridden POTC over the years and that had NEVER happened before.

Yeah, that's the thing I always love about these water posts. Some people write how they got wet. A bunch of other people write how it has never happened to them and they've never heard of it, as if those of us who got wet are lying. I do think it is rare on these rides. But just because it is rare doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

I had been on Pirates at least a dozen times, and never noticed anyone getting wet. And then it happened to us.

At least with our experience, it happened because they really packed the Pirates boat. We were among four adults in the front row, and the whole boat was full. I think that contributed to us going deeper into the water on the drop.

But that is why I was curious about these first few days of the new Maelstrom. My guess is those Frozen boats are going to be packed full for awhile.

The initial reports seem to be suggesting that it is rare to get wet, but rare is different from never happens.

Someone on the frozen ride thread posted a picture of the sign and it says you may get wet! I don't remember ever getting wet on maelstrom. We rode pirates a couple weeks ago and we didn't get wet.
I feel like that's just what they say for all water rides because there is always a possibly I guess:rolleyes2

The last time we went on Maelstrom, we got pretty wet! We were in the back of the boat and my son was fairly young. I had never remembered getting wet before so thought it would be fine. My son wouldn't go on it again because he was so afraid that he would get drenched.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter