Is anyone else worried about opening up again

So Illinois is extended to May 30th.

But hospitals can now start elective surgeries if they meet set guidelines. And now other (non-essential?) businesses can start up with delivery and curb-side service if possible. Masks now required anywhere you can't maintain social distancing.

Apparently we are in our peak and the worst of it will be these next two weeks.

So Illinois is extended to May 30th.

But hospitals can now start elective surgeries if they meet set guidelines. And now other (non-essential?) businesses can start up with delivery and curb-side service if possible. Masks now required anywhere you can't maintain social distancing.

Apparently we are in our peak and the worst of it will be these next two weeks.
That's a bummer about the length of time but it's nice there is a gradual loosening of at least some things.

Just saw on the local news that a nurse here in South Jersey was fired for wearing her own N95 mask. DON called it an infection control violation. They preferred that she wear a hospital issued surgical mask for several days.

Inconcievable

Just saw on the local news that a nurse here in South Jersey was fired for wearing her own N95 mask. DON called it an infection control violation. They preferred that she wear a hospital issued surgical mask for several days.

Inconcievable

luckily her Union is going to fight it.

I feel as though hospitals are going to look for any way to get rid of people.

This is what concerns me. I'm in TN and they're opening businesses next week. Not only will those businesses not have enough hand sanitizer for employees (or customers, if needed), but people who go back out to their cars after being inside a business to then sanitize their hands (which is what I do) are running out, if they haven't already.

Just like businesses had to step up to make PPE, someone really needs to step it up on producing hand sanitizer -- it can't be found anywhere. Even the distilleries making it around here say that it's reserved for first responders.

You're in Memphis, right? I thought that Shelby, Davidson (Nashville), and 3 other counties aren't opening up with the rest of TN? I know Nashville's mayor said they're not. I'm just outside of Davidson County and we're opening up, but I think people won't go crazy (at least not around here). I think the learned behaviors (physical distancing, hand washing, respecting other people's space, some mask wearing) will still be adhered to for quite some time.

Can the mayor override the governor?

I think that the mayor can be more restrictive, but not less.

Interesting. The county judge who is handling my county extended to May 20, and the governor quickly said that his executive order would overrule this. I guess a mayor is different.

Interesting. The county judge who is handling my county extended to May 20, and the governor quickly said that his executive order would overrule this. I guess a mayor is different.
It may be state dependent, too. In GA, the Atlanta mayor overrode the governor's decision to open up the state in her city. Made a lot of people in Atlanta very upset.

Can the mayor override the governor?

In the case of our 5-6 counties not following the same guidelines as the rest of the state, per our Governor, it's because their health departments aren't run by the state, but by their respective counties. He is working with them and is on board with them taking stricter measures if they want. I think at least 4 of them are in more metro areas (Nashville, Memphis, Knoxville, and Chattanooga). I still think even other ones not on that list can be more restrictive if they want. Before our state's stay-at-home order, other counties had already implemented it.

It may be state dependent, too. In GA, the Atlanta mayor overrode the governor's decision to open up the state in her city. Made a lot of people in Atlanta very upset.

It probably does depend on the state...

That is absolutely incorrect. The Atlanta Mayor did NOT override Kemp's decision. She doesn't agree with it, but she can't override it. A lot of those businesses are opening tomorrow.

I am concerned about the "rush" to open based on economic concerns being put above human concerns. I agree that we need to do so, but it will take a balanced effort. When I see crowds of people protesting, my first thought is that they may not have contact, or connection to people who have been infected and/or died. Being in healthcare, it is scary, but we do what we have to do. We don't have the choice to protest because we have to work in this pandemic- we could quit, but that is not the answer.... A slow, careful approach, depending on where you live seems to be the right thing...social distancing, certain limits on how many people in a particular place etc....But what makes it scary is people gathering in large groups-like the protests, seem to not be taking this seriously enough, or they would not be in such large groups....Unfortunately, until it affects them, the seiousness of this thing will continue to be taken too lightly, and possibly cause more people harm. Just my opinion...

To the bolded part.... I mean, yeah, the same could be said of you and others who don't have financial ruin to contemplate. Works both ways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter