• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is anyone else skipping 2020 disney ?

We had a trip booked for December and we canceled and got a refund. We were there at the end of January so we're not really missing 2020 entirely though.
We might go back next year depending on how things go.

Had a trip planned for April 2020, rescheduled to July, rescheduled to August. Didn’t have park tickets and don’t know if we would have been able to get them, but decided to cancel. ☹️

We had a 7-day cruise on the Fantasy and 3 days at BCV in August and canceled for obvious reasons. No plans to reschedule. Just looking forward to Marathon Weekend now.

I’m skipping not only this year, but 2021 as well. Much as I’d like to go once things hopefully get better next year, I also own 2 Marriott timeshare weeks (Ko Olina on Oahu, right next to Aulani). I’ve got one Interval trade, points for one of my weeks that are being extended through 2021, and my two weeks next year as well. I’m sitting on so much with that, that I could easily spend a month on Oahu and still have a couple weeks elsewhere next year (planning Oahu in the fall), so can’t see adding Disney in as well.

I also don’t think Disney is ready to open, and they’re scrambling, messing with folks’ reservations, no park hopping, less dining, etc... I just can’t get behind all this mess right now, and can wait until the full experience is there.

We have dvc reservations in September. But had no intention of going to parks. If Florida doesn’t get the virus under control by early August we will cancel Even just the resorts.

We were at POR in January a few days so we can say we went in 2020. We had BWI free dining for September but changed to December for CBR 35% off. We are going to cancel that if the parks close again and pile all our money into GF for next summer. Just getting horrible down there again.

We just rescheduled our trip last night for the 3rd time. It makes me so sad. Its a last chance for a trip this year and I really hope it can happen. We're just gonna wait and see. Some of the restrictions don't bother us but the case numbers are high and there's some things not open that we love. Part of me feels like it's false hope, but you never know when things might change.

We’ve rescheduled Disney twice (Nov 2019 for family illness, and May 2020 for COVID19). I’m taking a wait and see approach for the Nov 2020 we have booked.

I’m happy to wear a mask, had base tickets anyway, and have always been a QS family. So some of the changes don’t affect us.

But this is DD’s first real Disney trip and she wants to see characters. She doesn’t have to be able to touch them, but she needs to see them.

I’m also hoping for some of the shows to open. I’m happy to make a reservation and sit in a socially distanced manner, but the entertainment is what separates Disney from just another amusement park.

I have Universal scheduled for August. That’s looking like a cancellation unless FL can get their COVID19 cases under control. We went through a terrible peak here in April and have worked so hard to get our community spread contained. I’m longing to go and take advantage of the sparsely attended parks, but not at the expense of health and safety. I have almost 7 weeks before we leave, and a lot can happen in that time. If we don’t go, I’ll find a closer trip for that timeframe because we need a break.

I would like to use our Disney tickets before they expire in September 2021, but unless there are some room discounts in 2021, we’ll be staying offsite, if we reschedule. I just can’t justify $200/night for a value room at a non-peak time.

We were booked last Thanksgiving, but decided to postpone until April '20 (HUGE mistake). Then April '20 was postponed until August '20. Now I'm 95% sure I'll be cancelling, but waiting, just in case.... FL gets the virus under control, and reports from guests show it's still a great experience. Real bummer is I have the trip paid for entirely in gift cards.

We had to cancel April trip. Have since canceled Nov trip. Earliest we might be back is nov / dec of 2021

We were AP last year (4 trips) and planned to do DCL this year, I'm still hopeful that we can AP in 2021...possibly the end of 2021 into 2022. I'm always planning a vacation and now I pretty much only have the DCL cruise for November that I am guessing will be cancelled. I am forcing myself to look forward and hope that 2021 will bring safe travels to WDW.

Wanted to make a fall 2020 trip happen, passed on that one. Was also hoping to make a February 2021 trip happen and that’s currently on hold, too many closures and missed experiences. I want to see how everything shakes out before committing to a new booking.

We are out for 2020, too. Was supposed to go I. March but canceled when it became clear what was going on, rescheduled to May and canceled that in April. And now have canceled an August trip. Won’t be going this year, fingers crossed that 2021 is a better year.

All of my family lives in Florida, I am in NY. The numbers in Florida make be very nervous for my loved ones. I think Florida is going to be bad for a while, unfortunately.

We had an August trip planned, but decided to reschedule to January 2021. Hopefully we don't wind up cancelling that trip too.

We’re out with no future plans and AP’s we asked for a refund/cancellation of. Dealt with GS yesterday for a family cash reservation and cannot believe these insane “policies” and rudeness of some on the phones. It’s really like they don’t want you to come this year.

Pre-covid we paid for DVC rental Jan 2021. We'd not take that chance now.
My odds on the possible 3 outcomes:
Won't go - Interstate travel needs to be restricted around the holidays 33% :(
Might go - Life starts getting more normal but WDW is still not fully functional 55%
YESSSSS! - The clouds part and rainbows arrive 12% :)

Jan 2021 is still a question mark as far as travel and park experience goes. If we didn't already book I'd probably plan a trip during the 2nd half of 2021. Things should quiet down by then, hopefully sooner.

We cancelled our March 2020 trip a couple of days before the park closures announcement and we will not be returning in 2020. Disney is asking top dollar for a very reduced experience (they have no choice) which we are not willing to pay. We are looking to book a package for late August 2021 but not at rack rate.
We are Canadian so we need to add another 37% on our package price and without discounts and/or the All Star resorts opening up it is too much to pay. It's a wait and see for us depending on firstly a vaccine or reduction of covid 19 and Disney discounts.

Going to the Fort for a week mid October. We weren't going to the parks anyway so that wasn't an issue. Hoping for 'Ohana dinner reservation, Trails End and maybe Cape May Cafe. As far as the COVID issue, I live 30 minutes away from Disney so I guess I'm already in the middle of it.

I already canceled two June trips am hanginging on to a weekend in oct! Was going to be mnsshp and f and w both which are canceled so I will cancel in September most likely! Keeping it for now to have hope for a better future!)

We are skipping. We cancelled our late August-early September trip. I don’t think we can manage to wear masks in the heat for that long and with all the restrictions and cancelled ADRs, it just didn’t sound fun anymore. Not to mention with FL COVID cases rising, we don’t feel comfortable going and would be required to quarantine when we come home. As far as 2021, we feel like we are priced out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter