Is anyone else scared they are going to lose their current fp+'s that are scheduled?

bexter12

Mouseketeer
Over the course of the past few weeks, I've had glitches that have erased scheduled fast passes of mine from time to time from my itinerary. Luckily it has never been my A&E one.

However, this morning when the system crashed, I was booking another fp+ for that day and now none of my fp+'s show on my itinerary, for the entire week.

I'm scared to death that when it comes back up, I won't have anything scheduled or at the very least, the A&E will be gone....

Yes, but I'm fairly confident that when they get those servers back up the info will still be saved.

I'm not showing any now either. I am not scared. I'm sure we'll see them when they work out the issues. :goodvibes

I noticed the same thing. I assumed it would open on the 15th, so I casually went to check mde to see if there was a fp for it (not realizing the hysteria happening currently), and it said "let's get started" or something similar! I panicked! I have all confirmation numbers in my email but I can just imagine getting to check in and them not having ANYTHING! Ps...can you imagine checking in or trying to access mde in the parks today!? I would be upset to say the least.

You have a lot more faith in Disney's IT than those familiar with it.

Perhaps... as an IT professional I was thinking that Disney should at least have the kind of backup systems in place as our medium sized business does.
If we were leaving any sooner than 11 days from now I would probably be a lot more worried.

My previously booked FP keep changing times. I'm not worried though. Once the servers come back up I'm sure it'll be fine.

Perhaps... as an IT professional I was thinking that Disney should at least have the kind of backup systems in place as our medium sized business does.
If we were leaving any sooner than 11 days from now I would probably be a lot more worried.

Yes, they should. Whether they actually do or not is another matter.

I think your right, if I was them I would have a back up for the back up too.

Yes, I'm worried. Not that it would make a hill of beans worth of difference, but I printed out the webpage that showed all my FP+ reservations before the site went down this morning.

Yes, I'm worried. Not that it would make a hill of beans worth of difference, but I printed out the webpage that showed all my FP+ reservations before the site went down this morning.

I took a screen shot of my A&E fp+ but not of everything and now i'm back in but no luck retrieving or showing any reservation information.

Just tried MDE again, and after logging in, got the Olaf "Whoops" page and it's asking me to try again later - no access to anything now. :badpc:

I hope you don't lose anything OP.

How anyone thinks this is better than simple pieces of paper with return times is beyond me.

After I was able to get my 7D's FP+s, I went back and tried to move a few things around. Well.....MDE informed me that no one in my party had FP+ chosen for that particular date! Seriously? Dd and I had three booked already. They showed in my itinerary page but when I went in to change one, got that same message! Too strange.
Here's hoping that once the system comes back up, everything will be where it's supposed to be.

Not worried at all. They aren't disappearing from the system altogether. They are just not showing on the screen to you, or other users. It doesn't mean they're not in Disney's system.

But people will panic, and understandably so I guess.

I am in panic mode - with MDE being down!!! We leave for the World tomorrow at 3am!!!! I had to check a few things today! Darn technology anyways!!! I am hoping its back up and working soon so I can stop the panic - as I am worried enough about traveling and this trip to begin with

Don't worry - the FP's are still there. We're here now and just passed through the FP return on test track. I keep track of our FP's in outlook so I know the times - we can't see them on the app but no issues with the bands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter